Finding the Right Brewers Yeast

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Diode-Man, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Diode-Man Awesome User Title Registered Senior Member

Do I really have to Order special yeast for Rice Wine? Why not just use some general purpose brewers yeast? Or does such exist?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kevinalm Registered Senior Member

Do a google for 'brewing supplies'. You'll get umpteen hits for online companies that specialize in home beer and wine making. Most have a complete line of yeasts for every purpose. To make _good_ rice wine, yeah you probably do need to use the right yeast. Or at least follow a good recipe using the recomended yeast. Although as yet I haven't tried home brewing, I've toyed with the idea from time to time and the reading I've done makes it clear that the variety of yeast used is very important to the flavor and quality of the final product. Think of it as a lot like cooking. Much of the difference between a four star resteraunt and a greasy spoon is the quality of the ingredients. Of course the skill of the preparer is important also.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Diode-Man Awesome User Title Registered Senior Member

I have a recipe for Sake which will be quite healthy AND enjoyable. I'm not telling you the recipe (yet), but it will be good!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Let us know how everything is going, eh?

8. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

But, what does brewing yeast have to do with human science? This a psychology/sociology subforum! Unless you're making an implicit, unspoken connection to alcoholism, which has social factors and consequences...