Understanding Homosexuality

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Mickmeister, May 28, 2009.

1. Mickmeister Registered Senior Member

This is something that I have not been able to understand about gay people. Why do some gay men act so feminine? It baffles me that they want to act like the opposite sex since they are attracted to same sex? If they are looking for a really prissy man, then why don't they just go with a woman because that seems to be what he is trying to be for his partner?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

Agreed,
    It leads one to believe that a gay man and a gay woman could have an even stronger attraction to eachother. At leaste that way all the parts still line up and .Edit........

That was just wrong, sorry

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. baftan ******* Valued Senior Member

There are women who do not act feminine at all (whatever the definition of feminine act). Some of these women like men, some others like women, some others like other things in their sexual preference. It is us (society in general) who expect people with certain sexual organs in certain way, because our way of thinking is installed in this way.
    The key word is "normal". If anything stands outside of our perception of "normal" act occurs, we tend to suspect from the situation, or simply do not understand. Imagine, if you expect a gay man act feminine way -according to your standards of course-, this time you would get puzzled by seeing a gay man act like machoman.
    That's why the problem with gay people is not the way they act, but us, more correctly, our standards of classification. Act feminine for a change and see if you turn gay and watch how other people react.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Because they like cock, they're born that way and can't change. I don't know if the same genes that determine orientation also influence effeminism at all but I suppose it's possible. Some gay men aren't effeminate, some straight men are. As much as stereotypes would have us believe. It's probably more common and hence the stereotype but I doubt it's as common as people think.

8. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

*Facepalm*

Because while someone may think feminine behavior is nice in a partner, they still like cock. Is it really so baffling? People are who they are.

9. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

Of course it is hard to understand for a straight guy. We don't even understand why women enjoy being drilled mercilessly by some unfeeling brute ...but hey, you gotta do your job ya know?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

Some women.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I like guys that look like brutes, but are more gentle.

11. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

Lol, well maybe you're attracted to masculine type gay men who don't "like cock".

12. Cellar_Door Whose Worth's unknown Registered Senior Member

But very effeminate behaviour in men is indicative of homosexuality. I think most people would accept that. So there must be some link, it's not enough to say they 'are who they are'.

13. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

Oh, I'm fine with the idea of dating a bisexual man, but I'll pass on dating a gay man. I already dated a man awhile back that didn't like sex. Talk about a blow to one's self-esteem when you hit on your partner and he passes you up time after time after time.

I'm taller than a number of men I know, and I tire of feeling "big" in the company of a guy. One of the more notable things about me is I'm pretty physically strong. When a friend needed her 80 lb. stone planters moved, she called me. :-/ So I just like a guy to be stronger than I am, too.

14. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

Who cares if someone's a swishy queen?

This is a pointless question. Maybe because not being part of the dominant paradigm makes you act like a nelly boi. I don't know. Why do we care?

15. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

But some are surely over compensating, or is there a physiological reason that a lot of gay men act more effeminate than 90% of the women out there.

16. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

Does it matter?

I mean, it certainly helps differentiate them from straight men. I think it's a good thing to "advertise" if you're trying to meet people when you're single.