It's ok to beat your wife/spouse!

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by mikenostic, May 11, 2009.

1. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30687404/
    Good job judge Al-Razine. And Muslims wonder why there is so much disdain for them in the world.

Oh really? So it's ok for a guy to wail on a woman anywhere but her face? That makes much more sense.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

They should waterboard them instead. I understand Americans support waterboarding as a great alternative to torture.

And then they wonder why they are laughed at across the globe.

ooh look I did a generalisation too!!!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

From the same article:

No names. Interesting.

Here is the original article:

http://www.arabnews.com/?page=1&section=0&article=122378&d=10&m=5&y=2009

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. CptBork Valued Senior Member

I guess we don't have much right to complain about it as long as we're still buying their oil... so can someone explain to me why we're still buying their oil when there are viable alternatives to support our energy needs that don't fund terrorism and wife-beating? As for generalizations against muslims/Saudis: I personally don't care what the average Saudi thinks about how women should be treated- all that matters is what the regime thinks, because that's who we're trading with.

8. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

What. The. Fuck. are you talking about?

What part about him saying that it's ok to beat your wife seems to escape yoru narrow minded perception? Please tell us.

[Hate speech and insult removed]

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2009
  9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Reported

10. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

BFD

For what? Too bad. Just like you said the other day,

"I'll challenge it"

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You sound like an abusive person yourself.

12. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Nope. Just intolerant of immature bullshit coming from immature people like you.
    And for the record, you're the one that whined like a little baby when I reported your post in another thread.

*in a whiny little brat's voice* Go ahead and report it. I'll challenge it. Na na na na ha ha.

How about you grow up before you start accusing me of anything?

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You generalised against all Muslims based on what one judge said in a conference on domestic violence in a room full of Muslim women who opposed him. You're a bigot.

When I presented the original news source with other views from the same judge you told me I wanted to be beaten up by one of the abusive men and would enjoy being their punching bag. You're a misogynistic POS.

I reported you for bigotry and hate speech. ie being an asshole.

Have you ever hit a woman?

14. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

I think comparing these Muslims to Christians, you're talking about the kinds of Christians like around the backwoods south. Neither really represents the religion. My mom's family has been friends with an Iranian family for probably 50 years. I think everyone on Mom's side has been to a mosque for services. People are pretty much the same regardless of faith. Feel free to either feel relieved or really disappointed.

15. Dr Mabuse Percipient Thaumaturgist Registered Senior Member

16. Bells Staff Member

Mod Note

Mikenostic, please refrain from making such insulting and bigoted comments. Consider this an official warning.

17. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

No. Its not ok
    Has there been a rise in abuse in that country or is it just talked about more?

18. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Why do they care if she gets bruises on her face? She has to cover it anyway doesn't she.

Nothing surprises me with these people. Aren't they they same ones that
    legalized rape and letting women out unless they had permission. :shrug:

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=91927

19. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

So much disinformation and ignorance, where to start.

20. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

The article seems pretty clear to me Diamond Heart. But in ancient Rome and in other parts of Europe it was perfectly legal to beat wives and in some cases kill them. In ancient Rome,and if you are a wife, better not drink wine.

Valerius Maximus,
    Memorable Deeds and Sayings 6.3.9-12
    Egnatius Metellus... took a cudgel and beat
    his wife to death because she had drunk some
    wine. Not only did no one charge him with a
    crime, but no one even blamed him. Everyone
    considered this an excellent example of one
    who had justly paid the penalty for violating
    the laws of sobriety. Indeed, any woman who
    immoderately seeks the use of wine closes the
    door on all virtues and opens it to vices.

And the point is women have historically been abused, it needs to stop.

21. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Yep. Here in the US sometimes a husband is charged with spousal abuse or battery instead of rape when he rapes his wife. For some reason if you are married to her its seen as a lesser crime than if you had done it to a stranger.

22. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

It's Saudi Arabia, for heaven's sake

We also have to remember that this is Saudi Arabia, which is representative of nothing but Saudi Arabia. It's hard to call that country Islamic anything. We might as well take Ted Haggard as an example and suggest that all Christian men like to mold dildos in the shape of their penises and have it inserted into them by their wives.

23. Bells Staff Member

Who is "they"?

I think if you surveyed the men in Canada or any other country, you would probably be surprised by the result. Even some of the white Western men on this board have commented that if a woman can slap them in the face, then they should be allowed to slap them back. Violence is violence and to such men, they will justify it any way they can.

What Mikenostic is not realising is that this Judge made his comments to a room full of women, who protested loudly at his comments.

Yes, his comments are ridiculous and down right stupid in a country where domestic violence is only now being forced into becoming a public issue, where women are finally coming forward to report their abuse and finally getting the protection they need from abusive family members or partners. It is better to have such views made public so that he can be sanctioned, than to have him believe it in private and apply it to his position as a judge, to the detriment of an abused woman, for example.

His voicing such an opinion in the public domain, he has only ensured that every single decision he makes in domestic violence cases will be pored over and revised. It is comments like his that will (and has) resulted in a public outcry that could end up forcing change to the system.