Self motivation vs forced motivation. A difference?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by chris4355, May 7, 2009.

?

Is there a difference?

1. I am very self-motivated, but I suck in a work environment.

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. It doesn't matter, if I enjoy my work I will work hard, same for classes.

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. I hate taking classes, I can't force myself to work. Give me a boss however and I stand in line.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. You are oversimplifying the whole thing.

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. chris4355 Registered Senior Member

I made an observation today and was wondering what you all thought.

I have a lot of friends who do not go to school or do go to school yet fail even the most basic and easy classes... classes that require maybe an hour of studying 2-3 times a semester.

However those same friends go to work, are always on time, and work for 40 hour shifts.

I am the complete opposite, put me in a work environment, unless I really enjoy working there I am the laziest employee. Always late, always doing the minimum amount of work, because frankly, I don't give a shit about retail or how many phone calls I placed in one day.

However in a school environment, I tend to study my ass off and get homeworks and tests studied and completed a week early.

This leads me to a question...

Judging by those noticeable differences, do you guys think theres a difference between self-motivation - like doing your homework or something on your own account.

and forced-motivation - where your employer forces you to come at X time of the day for Y amount of hours and if you don't you may lose your job.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

I self-forcing myself to be motivated.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. chris4355 Registered Senior Member

very funny dragon

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.