A New Human Discovery On Flores

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by common_sense_seeker, May 7, 2009.

1. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

H. habilis as their descendents now! Even earlier than H. erectus..

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. EmmZ It's an animal thing Registered Senior Member

Finds like these often make me wonder what anthropologists of the future will make of what remains they find of us. All the plastic surgery and dental alterations. They'll see teeth filed to small sharp points and fake ones put over them and think we were some sort of weird alien species. Hip bone replacements, rhinoplasty, cheekbone alterations. the food we eat, I wonder what they'll make of it. Whether they'll think we ate plastic and did bizzare things to our bodies with what they find. It's going to make for a very interesting archaeological dig in a few thousand years. Imagine the internet disappears and in a nuclear holocaust all our books were destroyed, all they had to go on was fossil findings.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

I think that TV recordings will always exist for history purposes. Humanity is too advanced now to be totally wiped out in my opinion. I know what you mean though..

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  8. Xylene Valued Senior Member

What fascinates me is that these folk died out only about 15-20,000 years ago--now, if we could get a DNA sample from the bones, and get a complete genome (or even anything like a complete genome) for H. Florensis, it could give us an insight into the genome of either H. Erectus or even (maybe) H. Habilis.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

You could be right on that, they must have tried already though I would think. Note that there are accounts of aborigine wisemen who say that the littlefoots exist on the Australian continent. How amazing would that be?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  10. Xylene Valued Senior Member

Totally cool--it would be fascinating if the old stories about azul, menehunes and the various other tiny, hidden races turned out to be true. It could be that there is a barely-suspected, ancient strata of hominid descendents in the far corners of the world...

11. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Well, we do have midgets, dwarves, giants and even Neanderthal type throwbacks. I think the human race encompasses traces of all the old shit.

12. Xylene Valued Senior Member

The concave shovel incisors of the Asian populations are a genetic remnant of the H. Erectus populations, according to my old anthropology tutor. He said it showed that there was a very ancient original strain of people who mixed in with modern Humans who turned up later in Asia, ca. 50-60,000 years ago. The H. Erectus populations had enjoyed Asaia on their own since they left Africa ca. 1.9 mya. H. Erectus died out only about 25,000 years ago, and could have quite easily mixed with modern Humans.

Here's a link;

http://anthro.palomar.edu/homo2/mod_homo_4.htm.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
  13. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

I thought that genetics has shown that this is not the case. I saw it on TV doc only last week.

I would guess that the 'concave shovel incisors' of East Asians being similar to those of H. erectus is just a coincidence.

14. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Don't count on it. It wouldn't take that much..

15. Xylene Valued Senior Member

Humanity is just as dumb and savage as it was last century...

IMO we still have the potential to obliterate evereything at a moment's notice...