Gold Diggers (not the miners)

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by mikenostic, Apr 21, 2009.

1. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

http://lifestyle.msn.com/relationships/articlematch.aspx?cp-documentid=18728048&gt1=32023
    Guys w/o money need to work a little harder???? WTF????
    And women wonder why a 'decent' man is so hard to find. Who wants to date a woman with that attitude?

At least the author has some common sense...no wait, that's one of the guys answering it. Imagine that.
    Yeah they should, but they never do.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Hmm, I wonder if she ever considered it might wear on her b/f at any point...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

When men stop picking women for looks, women will stop picking men for their wallets.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enmos Valued Senior Member

But women pick men for looks as well..

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah right!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Although, she left him for this hunk:

So you may be right!!

9. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Yea, that's money. And they'll be dead soon anyway..

10. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Women do pick men for looks...if he has no money.
    If you don't have money or looks, you're not getting laid or a g/f.
    Women, say all you want about what you desire and want in a man but as long as you say you want a nice guy, then turn right around and sleep with the jerk with three other g/f's, no job or car and mooching off one of them, you will not have any credibility.

11. Bells Staff Member

I wouldn't. But there are also men with a similar attitude who won't date a woman who earns more than he does. Stupidity goes both ways.

You are taking credit away from Rebecca:

Imagine that. You only seeing the guy making sense..

12. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

It does, but like I've said, since I'm straight and aren't the type to look at another guy's hairy ass and find love, so their behavior isn't quite as important to me as somone's who I have the potential to date and spend a lot of time with.
    But yeah, guys do stupid shit sometimes too. But one thing I've noticed collectively between men and women concernign faults, men are way more apt to admit they do stuff wrong or stuff that isn't mainstreamly accepted.
    Example, 'prim-proper' women will not admit that they fart or take dumps. Most men have no problem admitting something like that.
    Women adamantly swear up and down they want a nice guy, but wind up dating jerks. You'll never, ever hear a man say he wants a nice girl, then go out and nail a hot chick. He'll tell you right up front he wants a hot chick.
    Men say what they mean, women almost never do. Ironic considering women tend to say three times the amount of words per day that a man does.

DOH. There she was. I knew there was one woman in there that made that statement but couldn't find her when I skimmed back through.
    Sorry Rebecca!

haha...because usually the guy is the one making sense.

13. Bells Staff Member

No shit Sherlock.

That is just from a personal perspective. I have known men to swear black and blue that they never had sex with that other woman (as one example), when all the evidence pointed to the contrary. You are attributing something that exists on both sides to just one sex. Kind of silly, don't you think?

We all fart and do number two's. We just don't sit there and regale others about that huge turd they dumped in the toilet the other night and how it looked like a letter from the alphabet.

You mean like you are at the moment?

Ya. You keep telling yourself that.

/Pat

14. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

she said in an interview that she has Daddy issues. Its why she keeps picking older emotionally distant men.
    And she makes a lot of money modeling and hosting Top Chef. So, I don't think its because of the money.

linkShe is not an idiot, quite the contrary, so it’s not such a stretch to make the link between absent father and older lover. “Maybe there’s something in that,” she says. “I think that we are attracted to what we feel we need. I don’t really know the mechanics of the thing. People ask me these very nebulous questions like, “Was it love at first sight?” And I don’t know because I’m there reacting, not clocking my reactions or taking notes. I’m sure my father had something to do with it but I’m not sure it’s a good idea to…I don’t know.”

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  15. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I always wonder if men are really so stupid as to not know the woman is a gold-digger. Rich men usually aren't.

16. Roman Banned Banned

This is a stupid thread.

Quit QQing Mike, and grow a pair.

17. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

LOL.

Some men think women won't date them because they aren't rich enough. Its draqon's lament as well

18. Roman Banned Banned

And some women won't.

19. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Sorry folks. I have to close the thread. Manly man Roman told me to grow a pair, and since he is the be all end all, I have to get right on that.

How bout you mind your own bidness Ro(wo)man?

Bells,
    You can roll your freakin eyes all you want. It doesn't make it any less true. Please for the love of god, don't go all Baghdad Bob on us with your denial of this.

They aren't stupid. They are usually aware of the situation. If you even look at it a certain way, a gold digger is a type of glorified prostitute; the rich guy is paying the woman for her affection.

20. chris4355 Registered Senior Member

Moral of the story: Don't get legally married.

I tell girls I want to just because its what they want to hear, but I am never planning on it. I wouldn't mind wearing a ring and making it meaningful, but I am not signing any papers. (unless my wife is makes more money of course!)

21. Roman Banned Banned

With you screaming at the top of your lungs about how you have no game? After all your public bitching about how you are a chronic, romantic failure?

Yeah, right.

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I never said she married for money. I posted this in response to the allegation that women will choose for looks. A self made rich model who chooses ugly old men is my riposte

23. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

Some older men are hot. I think the second guy is kind of cute.