Dark matter and God

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by eddie23, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddie23 information sponge Registered Senior Member

The more I read up on dark matter and dark energy the more it makes me want to scream!
    I find no differance in the beleif of the dark stuff and the religious beliefs of a god.
    Neither have any proof of the actual existance of god, or the dark stuff.
    The basis of a God is.. I dont know why all this is happening it must be gods will.
    The basis of dark energy and matter is I dont know what holds the universe together it must be dark matter.

Using what we do know you could switch the words God, and Dark matter/energy and come to the same exact conclusion.

If these scientists were realy smart they would have simply said we looked and we dont know what holds it together.

Dark matter "Gods" should go away. no proof, and no evedence = not there.
    Just ask any scientist about Alien visits,God, or bigfoot.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Sounds a lot like the theory of evolution, don't it????

And now that I've posted that part, .....what the fuck is "dark matter and dark energy"? Some kind of "evil" matter and energy??

Baron Max

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kmguru Staff Member

You can question Dark Matter. You can insult it. But you can not with God. There are many Gods. If you question about Muslim God, you die....if you question God of scientology, bad things will happen to you and so on....

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. stateofmind seeker of lies Valued Senior Member

Are you kidding!? If you question dark matter in front of a "scientist" you'll get labeled a quack and a woo woo - same effect, different rhetoric.

8. mathman Valued Senior Member

The ideas of dark matter and dark energy are based on astronomical observations. What they are is unknown. In contrast to religion, science doesn't pretend to have all the answers.

9. eddie23 information sponge Registered Senior Member

hahahaha!
    GOD= an invisible man in the sky holding it all together.
    Dark matter/energy an invisible thing in the sky holding it all together.
    No there is no scientific basis for that.
    It would be much more honest if they just told the truth. The universe works...and we dont have a clue how.
    Besides isnt saying that there is some invisibe force, and some invisible stuff out there that we cant detect, or see, or even prove it is actualy there just pretending to have an answer for something they can not explain.

10. eddie23 information sponge Registered Senior Member

No at least with the theory of evolution there is some DNA proof and some fosile remains, and dont forget the feet back feet that snakes and whales used to have.

11. kmguru Staff Member

At least the religious people and the scientists think alike....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Enmos Valued Senior Member

This thread is messed up

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Held by theists to be an incontrovertible fact.
    And subjected to no investigation whatsoever.

Used by science as possible explanation for observed effects.
    And is not only being actively investigated, should a better explanation for the observed effects arise Dark Energy as a theory will go the way of aether.
    And even its leading proponents are aware of this and are comfortable with the idea.

That could be because you apparently have no idea what science is.

And Dark Energy is part of an ongoing process to find out how the universe works: if we work on the basis this is true what would be the reuslt?
    If that doesn't hold up we look for another possibility.

14. Enmos Valued Senior Member

No, it doesn't.

15. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Sheer utter nonsense.
    Science itself questions Dark Matter.

16. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

People haven't yet used dark matter as a reason to coerce me to live the way they want.
    I have been called a quack for questioning dark matter. Much more often than not, I see it discussed as established fact rather than a possible explanation.
    I never heard of woo woo before coming to SciForums.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2009
  17. stateofmind seeker of lies Valued Senior Member

Good points.

18. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

Folks: Observations indicate that stars in various galaxies move at speeds which are not consistent with current gravitaional equations. Some physicists are investigating the possibility that the gravitational equations need revision. Others claim that the discrepancy is due to the existrence of some substance which we cannot detect optically, but which has observationally verified gravitational effects. For want of a better name, this substance is called dark matter.

For the time being, the dark mattter explanation is viewed as more plausible than the theory that our gravitaional equiatons are incorrect.

If they discover tht our estimate of the mass of stars or the number of stars in distant galaxies is incorrect, dark matter might be junked as an explanation. At present this is highly unlikely.

At any rate, considering belief in dark matter to be on the same basis as belief in the existence of a god or gods indicates a lack of knowledge of both science & religion.

19. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Dark matter COULD be verified in due time by observations, recordings and research by scientists. God however is only a belief and will never be proven to exist but only in the minds of those that have faith.

20. stateofmind seeker of lies Valued Senior Member

God COULD be verified in due time by observations, recordings and research by scientists. Dark matter however is only a belief and will never be proven to exist but only in the minds of those that have faith.

21. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Well in the however many thousand years of claims of ANY god there hasn't been any observation that's worth anything scientifically.

Wrong again.
    Dark matter is used to explain an observed effect.
    That explanation may or may not turn out to be true, either way it'll be through science.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  22. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Dark matter is a scientifically viable theory. However, remember that scientists acknowledge that it is only speculation instead of asserting it as indisputable truth.

And remember when you say "god" you are speaking about the religious concept of god, with all of the details. If you say "god" as "intelligence superior to human intelligence" then god is not unreasonable as a concept.

23. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I'm sorry.. ? lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.