Can someone please explain to me...

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Tnerb, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Tnerb Banned Banned

How it is that mind can be flawed to where one can really not exactly look at a person the way another person could. If that happens is it always permenant? I am wondering this question about individual psychology or whatever and seems to me that if it is permenant then it is a fix that can't really ever heal. It would probably be called brain damage or something quite similar to that. In which one is not able to do what one wishes to do.

I was curious not if such an illness exists but weather or not there is such an illness that is like that.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

mind cannot be flawed. perception of the mind can, everyone one has different perceptions of others, we need to hover find similiarities and sometimes push ourselves with views of others.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

tnerb could you clarify your post a bit. The way its worded its unclear as to wether your talking about:

anarexia- a shift in perception about ones own body image

personality disorders- an inability to empathise with other people (sociopathic personality disorder)

colour blindness (and other types of sensory flaws) - an inability to litterally SEE the way other people do

Halucinations- not seeing things the way they really are, imagining object\people where they arnt (and i surpose its possable to not see them where they are as well)

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

draqon thats crap, if the ocipital lobe is damaged a person can be blind with both there eyes and nerves working perfectly but the brain has no longer got the ability to proccess that infomation

8. Tnerb Banned Banned

Well sure it seems to be that it follows along the lines of color blindness and ability to see other(s) from how they see things, as other people should be able to see others for what they should be able to see as well.

Anerexia is probably a problem that I have but it is more about the issues of SEEING things the way other people do.

9. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

ok so your talking about an actual physical abnormality in the way things are perceved rather than a psycological one

depends what the cause is. There is no cure for colour blindness but i THINK depth perception issues can actually be trained out (so if you were looking at a chair in a room and it was 1m to the left of where your brain was telling you it was consitantly you could train your mind to take acount of that)

10. Tnerb Banned Banned

You mean as in "impossible"?

11. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

i have this wierd issue where sometimes my brain disconects sounds from images so it is like im watching the word with a time lag in the sound. For example say your watching a movie but the sound is slightly out from the piture so that it no longer feels like the mouth moving makes the words. Thats what i feel like but it doesnt just happen with TV but even people talking. I get around it by just ignoring it, its irritating but i know its happerning and so i can just cognativly proccess around it

12. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

tnerb, sorry that was aimed at his comment that mind cant be flawed but perception can. The brain is just as able to be damaged as anything else

13. Tnerb Banned Banned

Its alright.

14. Tnerb Banned Banned

The actual reason I bring this up is there's this girl I'm trying to surprise but she don't want me so I'm trying to gah become better for her. It's an issue I've researched/failed to research just about in the past have in my own difficulty of seeign

15. Algernon Registered Senior Member

You should never better yourself for the sake of a girl, or IOW for her sake. It'll be too obvious, and she would see right through it. You should be yourself, granted that is you don't have a horribly selfish and revolting personality. and if you MUST change, change in ways that you see what you want yourself to be, not the you that wants to be somethign that the girl you like wants you to be. As much as you can change some habits and some parts of your personality, those changes take a long time and mental progression, they don't happen overnight. And even then at the base of it you will still retain your core personality regardless of how much you can change everything around it.

Girls are interested in guy's who are themselves regardless of which girls are around them, and those interests are relative to each girl. If she doesn't find whatever it is about you attractive doing something different won't make much of a difference I'm afraid. You just have to suck it up and move on.

If you think you have a problem, and that you have something lacking to make her not like you or that there is something wrong with you, you already lost. You don't respect yourself, and she probably sees that. And if you were already confident or respected yourself, you'd realize that shes the one thats missing out. It must be the former cause you are obviously beating yourself over it.

16. Tnerb Banned Banned

Yeah that's the problemo.

I like her and want her to be able to like me but she says it's impossible between us and stuff.

So you're saying just let her go huh. Just let her go. Let her go because I suck that badly. Makes no sense.

17. John99 Banned Banned

18. Tnerb Banned Banned

The point is this:

If she isn't able to like me because of some personality flaw, then I will die trying to resolve that. If it is considered an obsession, .... it's not an obsession. Every other girl on the planet has the same qualities. Would I back down from one that I like and find a different girl? No

19. Algernon Registered Senior Member

LOL tnerb... Fine, this might make it easy. Yoda says to you, you are not ready yet young padawan. Go and train, and spend some time to make yourself better. But in the process you must already consider the high possibility that you will NEVER be with that girl, and by never you have to really accept the fact that if or when you ever change to become this perfect man that she will love, that she will either still not accept you or be married or not be alive anymore. Once you are able to let go and accept that reality, will you be able to work on changing yourself, because you will never truly change yourself in her presence or at least she should not be seeing it.
    once you do however, there is a very good chance that you will also not like her anymore. Once she likes you, you may just as well have the chance of not liking her for some reason or another. Why do I say this? experience.
    But who knows, one of the things we tend to underestimate is the power of patience. A lot of guys think they failed because they cant' get a girl to like them in under a week, or a year maybe. Thats not the case... if you truly want to be with her, you need to invest all the time and commitment, and eventually all the other guys no matter how great they are will drop out like flies. If you are still standing, and you haven't fell, and she doesn't think of you as being desperate or take you for granted as a really good friend, she may just want to be with you.

Point i'm trying to make is... Back down. Either she doesn't give a crap and you are able to move on and stop being so pathetic and obsessed over this girl, or she actually realizes what shes missing out on and misses your company or whatever. She'll never be able to not take you for granted or have a chance to not enjoy your company if you aren't around to do so.

20. Tnerb Banned Banned

I've already backed down from her. I'm just trying to take it easy and wonder what it is that she can't like about me. If it's permanent, i'd rather die. She may not be able to appreciate my company but I'd eventually be better off. Say I decide go to a hospitle, destroy myself and start again, because of this perception issue I'm presenting. Well. Eventually I'd be better off. And everything else. I'm concerned about this issue.

21. Tnerb Banned Banned

become this perfect man that she will love, that she will either still not accept you or be married or not be alive anymore.

It's this that I'm pissed with.

22. draqon Banned Banned

thats still perception.

23. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

so what is mind then?