Sound waves as seen through salt.

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by Killian_1_4, Apr 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Killian_1_4 Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

Dear poster,

as I took my time and followed the link you provided. I got an error that stated:

Error 500 - Internal server error

An internal server error has occured!
    Please try again later.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

Would you be so kind to correct the link in a way that it is possible for us to view the subject of discussion prevalent to the thread you have created here for us to see and follow the link which you provided that unfortunately does not work at this time but perhaps will be edited by you to suit your fellow members needs and desires as well as show your ethical considerations for the Sciforums discussions.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Killian_1_4 Registered Senior Member

8. draqon Banned Banned

Yes indeed this link works and the shapes as well as transition of these shapes from the frequency change in sound is quite astounding. Makes me thing of biological organisms when I look at this. zoomygota

9. Killian_1_4 Registered Senior Member

Yeah I thought of that too. There appears to be a geometric consistency in things that are natural.

10. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Think what would happen to viruses and bacteria as well. They could be destroyed with the right frequency.

11. weed_eater_guy It ain't broke, don't fix it! Registered Senior Member

Somewhere, some dog a mile away was very disconcerted from the high-pitched tones at the end of the vid

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Really awesome though, thanks!

12. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

13. Saquist Banned Banned

Fascinating.

14. Xylene Valued Senior Member

Extraordinary--there are abrupt phase-transitions where the tone reachs a particular level of pitch, and the pattern changes instantly--no doubt these effects exist at all levels of Nature. It makes me wonder for what other uses such pitch-transition producers could be used. I'm sure such a machine could be scaled up to manipulate materials that are less easy to shift about than salt-grains. It would be worthwhile experimenting...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. Saquist Banned Banned

I noticed. I'm sure the material the sound was transmitted through was playing a part.

16. Algernon Registered Senior Member

I'd have to agree... wonder if it'd look the same if placed on glass or some other material.

Kind of reminds me of fractals.

17. Killian_1_4 Registered Senior Member

Pitch is a psychological construct measuring the frequency of sound waves, similar to color's relationship to electromagnetic radiation. If changes in frequency adjust both the shape and complexity of the salt grains shapes, what do you suppose this implies?

18. Xylene Valued Senior Member

That pitch-variation can be used as a tool to shift things around, I guess...I've heard some odd stories about people being able to move stones around just by chanting and banging drums, but I'm not sure how much credence to put in the reports.

19. draqon Banned Banned

its real allright.

Bang drums loud enough you can move a pencil on the floor in same room...or glass of water.

20. Killian_1_4 Registered Senior Member

Those shapes are physical effects of the higher frequencies. Why would they form shapes instead of just moving quicker randomly? Perhaps shapes allow for quicker movement. Working together helps all units. Creating structure shows the other units how to move quicker. This similarity shows up in water running down a slope and people creating technology and society by learning from each other.
    Philosophical breakthrough, anyone?

21. Xylene Valued Senior Member

I think the video demonstrates punctuated equalibrium--a stable-state regime where things stay the same for a long time, then change almost instantly to another stable state, which is also only temporary--and this goes on ad infinitum as long as there is an outside influence acting on matter of any kind. Intersecting force-field lines change rapidly to another configuration the moment a transition point is reached. As you'll know from the example of the collapse of the Soviet Union (which had existed between 1917 and 1989) things can stay stable then change very rapidly in the Human world as well. For all our vaunted statements that we are above Nature, and exist outside its web, we are still obedient to its laws when the mass-mind of society is operating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.