Sex Surrogate

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Orleander, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

What would a hooker have to do to become a sex surrogate then?

Sex surrogates’ put personal touch on therapy

“Jane” looks to be somewhere shy of 40 years old, though she’s squirrelly about telling me her age. She is, as she likes to say, “unaltered,” not a supermodel type. She’s slightly soft, ample in a pleasing way, with brown hair and an open face. I suppose you might say she’s average, but she earns part of her living in a very unaverage fashion.

Jane is a sex surrogate. Los Angeles-area therapists and counselors send male patients to Jane and then she takes off her clothes and engages in that time-proven pedagogical method of teaching by doing. In the three years she’s been a surrogate, she has taught about 20 men the pleasures of the flesh....

....“My favorite clients are the 40-year-old virgins,” she said. “Everybody is shocked, but there are a number of men out there who, for whatever reason, have not had many successful sexual experiences or none at all.”

Exactly what Jane does varies depending on the man’s needs. “I reintroduce people to their own bodies,” she explained. “It is close and intimate but not necessarily sexual. For example, for people with sexual trauma, it is important for them to know they can touch and be touched and not be in jeopardy.”

After every session, Jane reports back to the assigning therapist who uses the information in treating the patient. For some patients, Lawrence said, surrogacy may be the only method that works.

That’s why she is campaigning for the return of sexual surrogacy. “Look,” she said, “sometimes all somebody needs is literature. Sometimes they need basic sex ed, sometimes talk therapy. But sometimes people need a surrogate.”

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

You mean it's possible to have sex with a WOMAN?
    Damn, my right hand's going to be lonely from now on...

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

A 40 year old virgin, now that's really a laugh! Sounds like just a new way or old way, of having a prostitute service you but in a "legal" way. I wonder how much she charges?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. stateofmind seeker of lies Valued Senior Member

Omg!! There's hope for me, dragon and darksidzz!!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. scott3x Banned Banned

Sounds like good therapy to me

. The netherlands is having some controversy over helping pay for sexual service for the disabled as well:
    At Issue in the Netherlands:Is Sex for the Disabled a Right?

I think that in the ending, though, sex is not the most important thing, it's the feeling of being wanted.

9. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, my guess is that only 20 men in three years wouldn't keep a hooker in clothes or shelter for very long! This "surrogate" crap sounds like just a little extra spending money for a bored housewife. ...LOL!

Baron Max

10. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

But its the same 20 men over and over. Not 20 men once a year.

11. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Huh? Where did you get that idea?

How many times does it take to teach a man "the pleasures of the flesh"?

Baron Max

12. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

pffft. Yeah, men listen to what they are told.

13. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Men have to ....if they want "pleasures of the flesh" without having to pay for it directly!

Baron Max

14. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

I've heard that there are "prostitutes" who focus especially on physically/mentally/both handicapped people and show them the pleasures of flesh.

Kind of creepy if you ask me..

15. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Your paying for some sort of sexual gratification from someone else. That still sounds like prostitution to me. Everything a sexual surrogate does your average prostitute could do as well, if that is what was asked of them. Call yourself something different and it's legal, apparently.

16. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Sounds like a great way to get your insurance to pay for your hookers.

17. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

its controvertial in that it breaches what is in all other health area's a very strict rule, DONT FUCK YOUR PT's (that being said alot of the nurses in the othopedic wards end up married to bikies

) however that doesnt mean its nessarly wrong. In order to judge the efficasy or not of this i would prefer to have scientific evidence rather than a news report.

When CPR was first started, one of the treatments was to blow tobaco smoke up the "dead" persons rectum. Sound stupid? yes, is it stupid? yes and no. Nicotine has alot of similar effects (on the heart) to a drug we DO use in cardiac arests, ie adrenilin. It causes increased HR and possably increased contractability (though i would need to do more resurch on its effects on preload to be sure of that). Further more the rectum is STILL used as a drug admistration route because it bypasses the stomic and goes straight to a large permiable capillary bed. We have better routes now like IV and inhalation (ventalin being a good example of this one) but these are not as easy as you would expect to adminster drugs through (for instance until recently it wasnt possable to get drugs into the lungs because of its own defence mechanisium because the particals were to large)

18. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Is this for real?

Was it actually ever practiced in the field?

I would hope that the controversy extends beyond whether it is ever ethical to "FUCK YOUR PT's". It would seem that, in this case at least, if the "scientific evidence", presuming such evidence is available, indicates that this "treatment" is truly beneficial to the patient, then...

It would be absolutely necessary to "FUCK YOUR PT's" and / or engage in other sexual practices between Dr./Therapist and patient normally considered "unethical" to achieve these benefits.

However, it would seem self evident that if the treatments truly are beneficial and show verifiable and reproducible results they should be continued and encouraged. In this case, does this whole topic not become a question of "morals"?

We all know how easily consensus on morality can be achieved here on SF...

19. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

yes it really happened (and things even more bazar to current medical knowlage like burrying them under hot coals)

on this specific issue moals shouldn't come into it. either the science shows it works or it doesn't

20. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

OK... That was just a new one on me, and I kind of revel in bazaar and unusual "factoids". Thanks...

I agree completely and absolutely with "moals shouldn't come into it. either the science shows it works or it doesn't". Key word being "shouldn't".

Unfortunately, the uptight "holy rollers" will certainly throw in their two cents about the immorality of the practice, and try to convince the rest of us that any participants in this "unnatural" act are surely going to hell.

At that point, what "shouldn't" enter into the subject can be thrown out the window. It will become about the "morality" of the practice, like it or not...

21. SuperGirl Registered Member

hmmm, not necessarily, maybe the girl knows some ways to help him be comfortable with his sexuality and sex in general. who knows!

22. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

cut people up and your a sadist and get locked up, call yourself a DOCTOR however and its not only legal but people will not only line up to let you do it but will pay you as well

23. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

I still think a prostitute could do that, too, because she is a prostitute. She just found a legal loophole.