Suuth uses more engery?

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by Ion, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ion Registered Member

For the electrical people. I saw on sattelite TV that The South uses more electricity than in The North. The South is known for it's smaller cities, yet they draw mare energy than big cities like Washington and New York. It's true apparently causes the polloution is worse in The South than in any other place. Even in the country they have bad air quality like Tennesee far outside Nashville or Memphis.

They say it's partially cause the power plants have to burn so much coal. But how can cities 20 times smaller than New York use alot more power?? Even withthe fact that they use more per house. Southerners aren't conceived as being hi-tech. Computers,fax machines,
    printers, scanners,cell phones,HD TVs and energy using appliances aren't usually what you'd link with soutnerners.

And I know some of the biggest cities are in The SOth. I live in Texas. Houston and Dallas are 2 of the most populated cities in America and someof the most hi-tech. BUt we weren't included on the map. The deeper southern states (i.e. Louisiana Alabama)with Virginia and Florida were on it.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ion Registered Member

I meant South.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Air conditioning.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Actually the coldest climates use more energy to heat with than to cool with in the south.

8. D H Some other guy Valued Senior Member

For the most part they don't use electricity for heating, though.

9. river-wind Valued Senior Member

Is this "more" energy in total, or per capita?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.