DNA tests!

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by lucifers angel, Mar 2, 2009.

1. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

How easy is it to get a DNA test to determine if your the father of a child? how reliabe are they? and most of all how much do they cost in £'s?

Also at what stage in a pregnancy can you tell your having twins?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. John99 Banned Banned

It cost nothing if you already know.
    :itold:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

If a DNA test ever came back that either of my husbands were not my kid's Dads, I would be getting a DNA test to see if I was the Mom. That would be the only way they weren't the Dad.

DNA tests are only as reliable as the person doing the testing.

I think an ultrasound can tell if there are twins quite early, in the first trimester. But sometimes it goes from twins to just one.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

what if you dont know? what if the woman who is having the kid doesnt even know who's the dad?

8. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

well, here in America, she would go on the Maury show.
    If not, she is getting a lawyer and sending a lot of letters to a lot of different men. A man can be court ordered to submit to a DNA test. I suppose he can fight it and he may not have to take it.

http://www.mauryshow.com/

9. CharonZ Registered Senior Member

In many countries there are commercial labs specialized in that. In some it is forbidden to submit DNA without consent (at least I read it somewhere here on boards, I thin), in others you may, but it is not usable in court

The test itself is very reliable. What could happen is that the lab screws up, though.

The test itself is relatively cheap (essentially you are just doing PCR). Could be
    around 100 USD in areas where it is heavily commercialized and where specialized labs are available.