Naked Dream

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by harrykarry, Jul 12, 2002.

1. harrykarry Registered Senior Member

Last night I dreamt that I walked into my bosses office. All of her lights were off and she was laying on a tanning bed naked. I noticed that I was naked too and tried not to look at her as I dropped off a package there for her.

How do you think Animus relates to that?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

I think... I wish I could see into these dreams of yours!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. harrykarry Registered Senior Member

I dreamt I had harry eyebrows too.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Sounds like you want to have sexual relations with your boss but are torn between your heterosexual tendencies and your latent homosexual desires.

8. Xenu BBS Whore Registered Senior Member

Do you mean Anima, the female archetype of the male ego? Sounds like Jung, hmmm.

Did the nudity imply sexuality in the dream? Were you ashamed of being nude? You said you avoided looking at her. Dreams are highly personal, and ultimately have to be figured out by the dreamer. Also look at the events of what happened to you the day before and see if you find any links or themes.

9. Nebula Occasionally Frequent Registered Senior Member

hehe

i'll bet you had a package for her

10. Firefly Registered Senior Member

What does nudity in dreams generally signify?

11. Xenu BBS Whore Registered Senior Member

I personally don't believe much in dream dictionaries. The one I had for my class I gave away free to some stranger. Some symbols seem to have relatively fixed meaning from person to person, and across time, but dream dictionaries go overboard.

I'd say, what does "nudity" mean to you? It may vary dream to dream. Recall the dream and focus on the nudity element, how do you feel? Maybe even hold a "conversation" with your nudity from the dream. Seems weird but you can find out a lot about yourself by doing this.

12. Firefly Registered Senior Member

Hey, I'm a psychology student too.

I wouldn't use the same symbolism for different people, I just wondered, there's this whole "thing" about being naked in dreams, I just wondered why. What it's generally supposed to signify.

13. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Being nude may symbolize the 'naked truth' about oneself. Totally open and exposed. It may be an expression for childhhood innocence and freedom from artifical inhibitions. Showing off your nudity may be a desire for sex, or a desire for recognition.

14. Xenu BBS Whore Registered Senior Member

I guess what I meant to say, is if someone gives you a definition of what "nudity" means, it's just as good as these dream dictionaries. In order to understand what your dream meant you have to analyze it. You have to understand how you feel about nudity and how you feel in that situation of nudity. Then go from there.

If you were just looking for some fun interpretations, look online they're everywhere. Here's a couple of examples:

and you can find crap like this...

or...
    But really the person has to understand what it means in terms of themselves. There are some common symbols found throughout history that have had certain common meanings, but even these you have to view in terms of your situation.

15. Firefly Registered Senior Member

Heh, vastly interesting. Thanks for that, you two.

16. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

me

I've got it!
    It can only mean 1 thing!

You work for my wife!
    I'll get u 4 this u blasphemer!
    grrrrrrrrr

17. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

***cool skill slams office door on harrykarry***

18. Emfuser Registered Senior Member

I'm gonna go with the simplistic approach and say that you need to get laid, and that some part of you wants to do it with your boss.

19. Squid Vicious Banned Banned

Going back to HarryKaary's first post...

She was naked, so were you.
    All things being equal...

You tried not to look.
    You're not allowed to go there....

You dropped off your package.
    Carry on, McDuff....

You have an inferiority complex, of sorts... you would like to be where she is, but don't think you're up to it in yourself. Get some confidence.

see? I can play psyche 101 too.