10 Second Psychology Test

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Lykan, Jul 12, 2002.

?

Pick a word.

1. Luscious

7 vote(s)
    10.4%
  2. Shamble

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Esconce

4 vote(s)
    6.0%
  4. Rapture

8 vote(s)
    11.9%
  5. Myth

12 vote(s)
    17.9%
  6. Beyond

15 vote(s)
    22.4%
  7. Symphony

10 vote(s)
    14.9%
  8. Reflection

11 vote(s)
    16.4%
  1. Lykan Golden Sparkler Registered Senior Member

[Edited: Woops, it's ensconce. I would repost and correct it but it isn't letting me delete the post. Bonk.]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2002
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xenu BBS Whore Registered Senior Member

what?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Make your original post Lykan.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Then it shows up a little down the thread, it is there anyway. If you start a thread, you can not delete it, 'cause it is the threadstarter/first post.

Just write it in now. No harm done this way.

You can edit the first post though and write it in there. Another option.

Good luck with it...

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Firefly Registered Senior Member

Yeah, what are we supposed to do?

8. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

I picked symphony, what is that supposed to mean then?

9. %BlueSoulRobot% Copyright! Copyright!! Registered Senior Member

Picked Reflection ....

Now what?

10. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Myth.....I've been studying mythology recently , also read a fantastic book- Mythago Wood....

11. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

So it works out pretty well then? I suppose it took you all about 10 sec's to pick an option and write it down in a reply?

See what option you picked. It says a lot I think.

Good job Lykan, everything works out ok...

12. Firefly Registered Senior Member

Is someone gonna like, psycho-analyse the answer?

13. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Well, I'm not exactly sure what Lykan's idea was. I think you have to take your pick and then see how it fits in your life or in what relation your choice stands within your life or so.

I don't wish to speculate a lot here, 'cause Lykan has not been back on the thread. I prefer to hear his thoughts first.

Tell about what choice you made and why you think it was this particular choice and how it relates to your daily life...

(for instance)

14. Firefly Registered Senior Member

What, pick an adjective that best decribes my life? Me? Or just the word I find most ... attractive?

15. %BlueSoulRobot% Copyright! Copyright!! Registered Senior Member

Hey Avatar, I nearly picked Myth, too!

--- --- ---
    I picked Reflection in the end, because I had just read the story of Narcissus, the most beautiful young man on Earth who was so entranced by his own reflection that he died beside a pool of water. A goddess came by and asked the pool why he was crying, and he said he was crying because the pool saw his own beauty reflected in Narcissus's eyes. Upon Narcissus's death, a flower sprang up and it was named for him.

A very nice story

It was the prologue to the book The Alchemist, which tells of a boy's spiritual journey in finding himself, and discovering the "voice of the world" as well. It's a short read, but the message still stands.

16. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

The story about Narcius is an ancient greek myth.

I once started to read Alchemist, but I can't seem to find that book anymore. Maybe gave it to read it to smone. don't know.
    It was some 3 years ago...I don't remember much about it anymore.

17. Lykan Golden Sparkler Registered Senior Member

My posting this was to kinda show how different people can enter the same sort of circumstances and yet they focus on different things because of how much their inner realities differ.

5 people enter a room together. One person watches the ducks swimming in a little blow-up swimming pool in the corner. Another person looks at a bright-coloured painting on the wall. Another person looks at a dark-coloured painting on the opposite wall. Another person picks up a guitar and begins playing it. And the last person takes off all of their clothes and jumps in with the ducks.

Well, there was more to my posting it than just this. I was also curious which of the words the people here would tend to select the most. And i was curious how people would respond to such an unusual poll, if anyone would be confused because of how simple it is.

18. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

I picked Esconce as it's the only word I've never even heard before. Anyone know what it means and how to pronounce it properly?

19. Lykan Golden Sparkler Registered Senior Member

Like i said in my first post in this thread, it's ensconce, but i mistyped it as esconce. And since i'm not a moderator of this forum, i couldn't go back and re-edit the poll options, nor could i delete the post and post the poll over. *grumblegrumble*

20. Increan Sage Registered Senior Member

yes we know that you misspelled the word, but you should post what it means for what word someone picks. It is a test after all

21. Lykan Golden Sparkler Registered Senior Member

Evidently Thor didn't know that i'd mistyped ensconce, thus accounting for the word he'd never heard of before.

What does the test mean? Well, imagine this: You wake up in a large room by yourself. The room is plain and empty except for you and 8 doors. On each door is printed one of the words in the poll. You symbolically chose to go through the door with the word on it that you chose in the poll. You could have chosen any of the others, but you chose that one.

Some people will consider the test dumb because they're used to explanations and want one. But the test is very simple, and it's something you have to ponder on your own. You could have chosen to go through any of the 8 doors, but you chose that one in particular. Why? Why didn't you choose one of the others? Your choice reflects what kind of a person you are, at least at the time that you made your selection.

22. Increan Sage Registered Senior Member

ahh, ok then.

23. Pine_net Chaos Product Registered Senior Member

symphony

Everyone plays their part.