I am not part of this culture

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by draqon, Jan 8, 2009.

1. draqon Banned Banned

Watch the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGde32dTZKo

the video is about a couple or rather a dude from America and the girl (also from America) he has sex with, going to the tattoo shop/store/whatever and getting a tattoo to spell between her genitals and her bellybutton the sentence "V is for Vagina"

After watching the video I looked at the girls' face when she was being tattooed...it was like she was getting the most pleasurable thing there can be, she looked like she was not human to me...more like a doll, a marionette.

That said, I have realized that I am something totally different than the culture of humans I live with, I am not part of this culture. I do not connect. Their jokes are dry and tasteless to me. Their women are shapeless and not exciting dull gray color. The men are arrogant and foolish.

Now I know I will go on doing what I always have done, be alone all the time, but I would like to know, is there anyone out there who thinks they are not part of this culture? It's not that it is moral or not moral, just not part of the culture they live in...when did you realize this?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Which culture are you referring to? In America there's many diverse cultures going on at the same time. The bikers, rednecks, hippies, religious, political, upper class, high society, and so on . So again which culture are you wanting to talk about? I feel that everyone fits into a culture somewhere, they just have to define what they stand for and believe in to determine just what that might be. Even those not belonging to any culture are within their own "non culture" culture, in their own special way.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

then move draqon. Its not difficult.

after my divorce, I loaded up a u-haul, opened a US map, closed my eyes an poked. My finger landed on Kalamazoo, MI. I drove the truck here with my 2 yr old son. I had no job, no car and no place to live. Within a week, I had a job and a place to live. And I carpooled.
    At least try.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. leopold Valued Senior Member

when i found out our beloved CIA was overthrowing democratically elected governments for the sake of national security.

if i had the means i would shoot every CIA agent right between the eyes.
    echelon that.

8. draqon Banned Banned

the teenager-adulthood culture of America.

9. John99 Banned Banned

i am not so sure you would fit in in Russia then.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I totally agree, this behavior is infantile and disconnected with the real world. I didn't used to think so, but now I think it's a symptom of a larger problem.

"Tattooing has traditionally been a marginal activity among civilized people, the calling card of cannibals, sailors, and whores. The appropriate place for it is on the margins, in the back alleys, the skid rows. The mainstreaming of tattoos (on main street) is a harbinger of social dysfunction."

James Howard Kunstler​

http://www.thelmagazine.com/lmag_blog/blog/post__07160808.cfm

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  11. Ladicius Registered Senior Member

Actually yeah, I walk around a listen to half the things my "friends" say, and I'll almost aleays have a fake smile on my face. I'm so tired of fake people, and I've talked to so many girls that once before I would've drooled over and pick at every little flaw while Im talking to them. Then when I get to know them I'm turned off even more by their lack of "morals", "ideals", what have you. Before I was so attached to everything in my life. Now... breaking down all the significant things in my life I see how insignificant it all was. So yeah, I think I can see where your coming from.

12. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

EEEEEKKK!!!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The hornets are buzzin.

13. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

I've always thought tattoos were kind of silly. It's like putting a permanent message or credo on your body, or adopting a certain fashion and never being able to change it. Or at least not unless you're willing to pay the price.

I saw a guy who had his girlfriend's name tattooed on his arm. It was, not surprisingly, his EX-girlfriend. I wondered how many months they had actually dated before and after the tattoo.

Whether it signifies social dysfunction or not, I don't know.

14. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

dragon give them a call , if you have free ld... let them know how you feel

TCB Location

We are conveniently located at 407 North Chancery in McMinnville, TN 37110 so stop by, or you can give us a call at (931) 506-5007

15. Betrayer0fHope MY COHERENCE! IT'S GOING AWAYY Registered Senior Member

I'm sorry we're so damn cool draq.

16. Betrayer0fHope MY COHERENCE! IT'S GOING AWAYY Registered Senior Member

I'll be getting a tattoo sometime, I always trace the outline of my abs for fun and always wanted something like abs that were there and looked cool but I didn't have to maintain. Tattoos are megaawesome anyways, you forgot about that.

17. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

The teenager wannabe-like-everyone-else-and-nothing-original STUPIDhood, you mean??? Where most people seem to adopt the same moronic trends, listen to the same moronic music, wear the same trendy label clothing (which names are popular seem to change every four or five years), and hold the same fly-by-night thoughts and values? V for Vagina???

V for Vendetta!
    :spank:
    I know there's a chainsaw and gore emoto, but I'm not going to take the time to find it.

I was a social outcast for most of my growing up years. I wasn't comfortable in the herd environment. And my senior year of high school, I made it into homecoming royalty! Sometimes an outcast can be a non-outcast, I guess! And then I skipped school and lost my position. Fortunately.

A friend of mine told me that she had overheard a bunch of jocks who wanted to beat me up because I was nominated to stand amongst the "gods" apparently. I didn't want to sit through a torturous homecoming game anyway!

Adult, post-high school, post-college culture is not all that much better.

18. weed_eater_guy It ain't broke, don't fix it! Registered Senior Member

I grew up as an american overseas and was plunged into this "culture" about four years ago. I have trouble fitting in but I've learned to be kinda adaptable, I can run a few different english accents, I've gotten used to adjusting my outfits to fit in a bit, etc.

As far as the common culture of most of america goes, yeah, it has issues. Every culture has issues. Every culture makes it's mistakes, false assumptions, etc. The question is which culture in the world do you feel that you'd rather live in? If it's this one, what problems do you think you can help fix?

In otherwords, you have three possible actions you can take regarding the society you live in...

1.) If you don't like the society you're in and believe you can change it, attempt to do so by proper means.
    2.) If you don't like the society you're in and don't think you can change it, look elsewhere in the world for a society you think you can tolerate and assimilate into.
    3.) If you don't like the society you're in, you don't think you can change it, and you can't or don't want to move, make yourself happy within your society however you can.

Those three things are really your only, ultimate, and maybe kinda obvious options so far as I can tell. This is what I tell people that like to complain about the society they're in and don't do a thing about it. You can either complain and do something about it, or stick around and be happy. Common sence, know what I mean?

19. John Connellan Valued Senior Member

That's gonna look weird on a beer belly

20. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

That's an adpatation of the Serenity Prayer, authorship and date uncertain but commonly attributed to Reinhold Niebuhr in the 1930s. It's been made famous by Alcoholics Anonymous. Niebuhr was a Protestant clergyman but I always restate it:

21. John99 Banned Banned

I think it is this way:

God (neither male or female) grant me the serenity to accept thing I cannot change...

instead of:

things that can't be changed

there is a difference.

22. cdabe Registered Member

:::The Serenity Prayer:::

God grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    courage to change the things I can;
    and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
    Enjoying one moment at a time;
    Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
    Taking, as He did, this sinful world
    as it is, not as I would have it;
    Trusting that He will make all things right
    if I surrender to His Will;
    That I may be reasonably happy in this life
    and supremely happy with Him
    Forever in the next.
    Amen.

23. cdabe Registered Member

One problem with your response is that, you're missing the entire point of his post. I think he knows his options, but is trying to connect with people on a more deeper level that feels the same way as him.

::

ragon:::
    "That said, I have realized that I am something totally different than the culture of humans I live with, I am not part of this culture. I do not connect. Their jokes are dry and tasteless to me. Their women are shapeless and not exciting dull gray color. The men are arrogant and foolish."

Correct me if I'm wrong on my above statement, but I feel like I know exactly what you're saying, I haven't connected with but a few people in my life. I'm an observer. I look at people around me and analyze every action done by other people. After coming to my conclusion of why they are doing the things they are doing, or the connections behind their jokes, most of the time I don't find it to be funny at all. I haven't completely figured myself out yet, but I believe it's because when I see the root of everything, I find it more disturbing than funny.