Lead laced Marijuana producing sociopaths?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by TimeTraveler, Jan 5, 2009.

1. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

Fact 1. Lead poisoning causes brain damage to the frontal lobes which has been shown to increase criminality, including violent behavior.
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0527201839.htm

Fact 2. A study was conducted in Germany to uncover the cause of lead poisoning and they found that among the people they studied, they all smoked weed.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Drugs/Story?id=4622149&page=1
    http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/358/15/1641

The question now is, why? There is a high probability that individuals are deliberately poisoning the marijuana to produce "gritweed". Gritweed is weed laced with foreign substances such as lead, microscopic glass particles, viruses, pesticides and chemicals, etc.

Gritweed

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSJoETe3T_w
    2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTthuJUDdoM
    3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGofNR8axCI

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. John99 Banned Banned

what next?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Um, actually, in Germany some individuals did add lead pellets to bags in order to increase their weight. That doesn't mean that there is commonly lead in weed. Glass would have no effect, viruses would be killed by flame.

Pesticides are worrying, as it makes economic sense to use it, but then again, it's in all our food too, if you don't buy organic.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

could lead be in the soil/ground water and get into the plant that way? Kind of like how e-coli got into the spinach through the roots months ago.

8. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

This was all from a single case that happened in Liepzig. Some idiot added lead to bags of pot to make more money. It was an isolated incident, not cause for global alarm over dealers deliberately poisoning their customers (which makes no sense from the dealer's point of view I might add).

9. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

Glass definitely would have an effect on the lungs. And why should we believe this is limited to Germany? That's not what the potheads are saying.

Kinda like how MadCow was supposed to be limited to the UK, or HIV limited to just gay people. I think thats flawed logic to take on faith that it's a limited occurance as a conclusion without any data.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  10. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

How do we know it's isolated? The FDA does not check the weed supply to confirm it. Drug dealers don't need FDA approval either. And I'm sure that they are adding stuff to the weed, the whole gritweed phenomena proves this, it's just a matter of what they are adding.

Why wouldn't all drug dealers add lead to their product since it works so well at increasing the weight? The profit incentive is there.

I agree it makes no sense, but the tabacco company and many companies do the same thing, poisoning their products and selling them to consumers.
    Weed smokers need to have some sorta quality control and this is why we should decriminalize it.

11. Roman Banned Banned

I rarely, if ever, set my produce on fire and inhale the noxious vapors, desperately holding the fumes in my lungs in hopes of escaping my banal life for a few hours.

12. Roman Banned Banned

Explain to me how you're going to vaporize glass with a bong?
    You're not.

Extremely fine glass could cause damage, if it was small and particulate enough to be inhaled, like volcanic ash.

13. leopold Valued Senior Member

tobacco companies do not need to add anything to tobacco to make cigarettes poisonous.
    nicotine is a known insecticide.
    there are scads of chemicals in tobacco smoke, many of which are known to cause cancer.

14. John99 Banned Banned

:bugeye:. Never knew that.

15. leopold Valued Senior Member

pat your favorite tobacco company on the back for a job well done.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

edit:
    i remember reading somewhere that one drop of nicotine injected into your bloodstream would kill you.

16. Roman Banned Banned

Aspirin is also an insecticide, as are pain killers and caffeine. They're naturally occurring alkali compounds to dissuade insect herbivory.

17. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

Ever heard of fiberglass? The kinda glass tabacco companies put into their product. Look it up.

18. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Lead pellets would incredibly easy to see, as they would sink to the bottom of the bag. If I ever found anything other than weed in my bag, my dealer would be out of a job.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I mean..look at that...they're obvious...it wouldn't even pass a initial pre-purchase look see.

In some neighborhoods, if you tried a stunt like that..your customer would return the lead pellets to you...out of the business end of a 12 guage.

19. Roman Banned Banned

1. There is no fiberglass in cigarettes, which you smoke. I've heard of fiberglass being put in chewing tobacco, but you chew that, not smoke it. And with marijuana, it tends to be smoked, not chewed.

2. Did you even bother reading my post? The last line was about how small the glass would have to be to pose a risk. You'd have to be adding insulation to the marijuana, and even then I'm doubtful how dangerous it would be.

20. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

Did you look at the videos on gritweed? Yes this example is obvious fortunately, but some dealers are better than other at lacing their weed. In the gritweed videos it says that some of it can only be seen under a microscope. They scanned the gritweed with the microscope and they found microscopic glass pellets.

Roman http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9829704

21. Roman Banned Banned

A single brand of CONTAMINATED cigarettes? That's your evidence?

Fine.

Did you know that farms like to add Salmonella to their spinach?