The Art of Expressing the Human Body

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Cactus Jack, Jul 11, 2002.

1. Cactus Jack Death Knight of Northrend Registered Senior Member

All types of knowledge ultimately leads to self-knowledge. So, therefore, these people are coming in and asking me to teach them, not so much how to defend themselves or how to do somebody in. Rather, they want to learn to express themselves through some movement, be it anger, bet it determination or whatever. So, in other words, they're paying me to show them, in combative form, the art of expressing the human body.
    -Bruce Lee

Just a quote I wanted on Sciforums now that I've begun studying Lee's Philosophy and training. He was incredible.

Anyway the point of this thread is who's body do you think is I suppose you could say the "greatest" (not in sexual sense but in terms of sheer human perfection in muscles, speed, endurance, flexability, look.) I have to say Bruce Lee.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lesion42 Deranged Hermit Registered Senior Member

I don't know. I bet there are a lot of Shaolin Monks who could kick his butt. They devote their lives to that stuff. But as a publicized idividual, I agree fully.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xenu BBS Whore Registered Senior Member

A lot of what I've been reading in Gestalt Therapy deals with this. A lot of our emotions and even our rational decisions come unknowingly from our body states.

So maybe for me, Fritz Perls???

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Cactus Jack Death Knight of Northrend Registered Senior Member

I doubt that seriously, though I agree Shaolin fighting arts are incredible they have spent their life for one art form. Bruce Lee studied all he could and trained more than I feel any man on te planet, I doubt they would win. Besides, he was so damn fast.

8. Xenu BBS Whore Registered Senior Member

err am I hallucinating... hmm I thought you were asking who was most in tune with their body and could express themselves fully (not neccessarily in martial arts), and that's how the shaolin monk statement made sense to me. But now I look at it again and see "in terms of sheer human perfection in muscles, speed, endurance, flexability" and trying to figure out what's going on. Did you change your post at all Cactus?