Clint says this generation is a bunch of pussies

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Syzygys, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I agree, we are big babies. It's even reflected in fashion, people wear huge clothes that make their torso look big, just like a toddler, and sideways hats like an unruly kid, I've even seen grown men with pacifiers. Admittedly, this could just be a passing fad... Neoteny is an adaptation that suits domestication.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. John99 Banned Banned

we have become like the rest of the world. i think it is due to the internet and television that is more global.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

No, you're nothing like the rest of the world. No danger of that, so far.

8. John99 Banned Banned

Do you have relatives in U.S?

9. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

He's right, Gen Y is scary wimpy.

10. draqon Banned Banned

Clint Eastwood is the biggest baby around, I am not about to lower myself. Punching people around will not grow me a moustache, I can punch them mentally with words and actions...and grow an inner spiritual mucho-masculinity moustache.

11. phlogistician Banned Banned

Did something squeak?

12. draqon Banned Banned

did someone just reply to squeaking?

13. phlogistician Banned Banned

Pardon?

14. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Good Ol' Clint, he never had to go to war himself, interesting he calls other pussies.

In 1950, during the Korean War, Eastwood was drafted into the US Army, and was aboard a military flight that crashed into the Pacific Ocean north of San Francisco. He escaped serious injury, but had to remain behind to testify at a hearing investigating the cause of the crash. This kept him from being shipped to Korea with the rest of his unit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clint_Eastwood

15. orcot Valued Senior Member

I always tought Eastwood as a small child. It's not that he's stupid, but he's verry short sighted.
    He's yust a old man that wishes the world was simpler.

He might be right sometimes but I'm not going to take advice of a american on how to build a car.

16. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

This is coming from the quintessential whiny-pussy, who can take a girl out on a date and can't get a job during the summer because he is too lazy...

If you weren't a whiny-pussy, you would have said, yes we are whiny but it is mostly our parents' fault.

But the point is that you can't even acknowledge the TRUTH. Every generation is lazier/whimpier than the previous one due to improvements in technology and society getting richer, but at least ACKNOWLEDGE it....

By the way it doesn't matter WHO stated the obvious, as long as it was TRUE. So personally attacking him doesn't work...

17. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

.. and your point is? It is not like he LIED about it so he couldn't go.(I would give him credit for it, by the way.)

But just to stay ontopic, compare soldiers of WW2, Korea and today in Iraq.
    You will see how much whimpier they got. They can't even torture decently...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Some schools are changing the grade F (failure) to H (hope) how fucking stupid is that? Because we wouldn't want to hurt the little bastard's sensitive feelings....
    And then we get these suicedes at age 20 because they can't handle LIFE's rejections and obstacles...

Look up "quarter life crisis", to see what I am talking about...

Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
  18. phlogistician Banned Banned

So being sent to a foreign country to be used a political pawn would have made his opinion more valid?

You may note Clint preferred politics, and became a Mayor. He's perhaps too savvy to be cannon fodder.

19. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Ok first off, the fact that he was kept from being shipped to Korea with his unit was not his fault. Please tell me how that is his fault.
    And...he was in a plane crash and survived it. Tell me how that makes him a pussy?
    And if anyone in this country has a right to call the population of this country a bunch of sissies, it's him.
    This country has become a bunch of sissies that has way too thin skin and gets butt hurt entirely too easily.

20. phandentium Greatest title Registered Senior Member

I don't see the United States getting any better any time soon.

21. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I never said it was his fault, only said that he didn't have to go to war. There are things called depositions which are used daily in courts of law dealing with litigation. All he needed to do was to write out a deposition and hand it in, they can use his testimony from that deposition to continue on with the case. If somehow they needed to have him testify, as there were others as well, he could have been sent for. Many times cases are continued for many reasons and he could have been waiting for years before he was ever called to testify. I just find it hard to believe that Clint calls others anything with this type of "maneuvering" going on in his past.

22. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I do, however, see it getting a lot worse!

Baron Max

23. phandentium Greatest title Registered Senior Member

I can agree to that.