Lsd

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by laladopi, Dec 16, 2008.

1. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

why would someone go ahead and change the thred name?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Drugs are bad... mmkay?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

lol I know I know, I've only done it once and am going to do it about 30 years from now.
    Drugs are bad unless you know how to use the appropriately and correctly.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

How do you learn to use drugs "correctly"? Is there a book, CD, or magazine you read or just friends telling you what to do?

8. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

I like shrooms better. It's a much more mellow experience. They don't make you quite as spastic or jittery as acid does.

Same principle as drinking. The biggest thing is to ensure that you are in, and will be in a safe, comfortable environment. If you are somewhere you really don't want to be and/or not with close friends, it could be a bad experience for you.
    If you are going to do a recreational pharmaceutical like LSD, shrooms or X, I'd suggest you do it first at your house, or one of your friends' houses. That way, if you do wind up wiggin out, you won't attract negative attention that you would if you were out at a club or something.

9. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

The problem here is that L.S.D. (Lysergic Acid Diethylamide, C[sub]20[/sub]H[sub]25[/sub]N[sub]3[/sub]O) is a notoriously controlled substance (Even though it's history was referred to as looking for a replacement to a Martini without the alcoholic side effects) and this site has as an underlining policy to not propagate illegal activities. (Namely such controlled substances are not suggested to be done by Site owners, Administrators or Moderators alike while Affiliating with the website, although each individual has their own views on such "recreational activities" and the dangers that people might or might not be aware of)

The discussion of such a controlled substance can fall under a number of different categories e.g.:
    • Human Biology/Neurology
    • Psychology
    • Chemistry/Bio-Chemistry
    • Ethics/Law

While you might find it interesting to discuss it openly on the forum thinking of the anonymity that such sites provide, it's known that prospective employers could eventually one day be privy to information that they might segregate a person over because of their "Wayward youth". This is why a majority of the time is best not to discuss such recreational activities outside of those that you spend your time recreating with.

A persons perception which is often referred to as an altered state of consciousness is merely the brain trying to make sense of signals being mis-sent, mis-received or not received at all which is pretty much due to the Fuzzy Logic nature of the human brain filling in where any information is absent.

While it's suggested that usually the effects of LSD are "Mild Visual and Auditory Hallucinations", If other drugs are used in conjunction the effects can be greatly escalated and can generate serious consequences. The medical profession will profess that permanent neurological damage can occur where "repetition" of such "mild" LSD effects (untainted by other drugs) can occur in the future (Commonly known as "Flashback") Often such flashbacks are usually induced through usage of other drugs, fatigue or starvation.

With that in mind, I don't think that Parapsychology is the best place for this thread because there is no parapsychology involved, just chemical reactions interfering with Neural transmitters and receivers.

10. John99 Banned Banned

drugs are bad. nothing good about shitting all over yourself, being alone and being broke simultaneously.

11. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

I do not like "friends" I do extensive research before trying anything.
    there are a couple I stay away from but it can all be managed.

12. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

oh meth, heroin, speedballing, molly, pills and cocaine are dumb.

13. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

While I don't disagree with that, employers have to be very, very careful going down that road. They can encounter plenty of discrimination/libel/slander lawsuits should they not hire someone because of speculation of what they discuss on a website.
    And before you spout off about how the company can do this or do that:
    If Johnny Cochran can get OJ acquitted, I'm sure other litigation attorneys have the ability to grab corporations that discriminate by the balls.

While it's suggested that usually the effects of LSD are "Mild Visual and Auditory Hallucinations", If other drugs are used in conjunction the effects can be greatly escalated and can generate serious consequences. The medical profession will profess that permanent neurological damage can occur where "repetition" of such "mild" LSD effects (untainted by other drugs) can occur in the future (Commonly known as "Flashback") Often such flashbacks are usually induced through usage of other drugs, fatigue or starvation.[/QUOTE]
    I refuse to tell someone not to do acid, but I will tell them if they are going to do it, take the proper precautions. While a very very fun pharmaceutical, you must respect it; much like you would respect the fact that you could die riding a motorcycle. Fun, but dangerous if you're not careful.

I've done my fair share and I've NEVER shat myself. The kinds of people that are that weak to the point where they will let themselves get to that point, don't need to be doing drugs anyway, nor should they be reproducing. Those are the kinds of dumbasses that can't hold their chemicals that ruin it for the rest of us.

"Drugs will ruin your life"
    ^^^This has to be about the dumbest fuckin statement I've ever heard.
    A better way of saying it would be:
    Drugs can ruin your life if you are the weak, addictive douche bag who lets drugs ruin your life.

14. John99 Banned Banned

you are wrong. there are many 'strong' people brought down with drugs.

i have been working on a theory:

the "sensors" in the brain seem to rely on the substance and without it they dont seem to work like they would normally.

note: like i said, this is constant steady useage. but it is frightening to think that my hypothesis may, in fact, be correct.

this is a huge problem because simple pleasures dont have the same impact. this comes with prolonged use (years or even close to a decade of use) and there is the possibility they can return but it is not worth the risk.

anyone else here involved with this research or know of any papers that may address this?

note: as stated this is after prolonged, contant useage but this hypothesis seems reasonable.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  15. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

If the let drugs bring them down, then they aren't as strong as you would think, now are they?
    You can be a fairly avid motorcycle rider and still suffer a nasty accident, however given that if you are an avid motorcycle rider, you pretty much know how to stay out of any avoidable trouble with one (thus the smart person understanding what drugs can do to them if they are abused*)
    But I don't know the whole story so I can't speculate too much.
    Like I said, drugs will ruin your life only if you let them. Believe me, I've done my fair share. And whenever I did them, it was on a recreational basis only. I did not take them to make my problems go away (which is how it starts).
    Even with that, I still had a successfull 6 year stint with the Marines and I now have a pretty good career in I.T with Verizon.

I won't argue with this, but can you separate your theory to accomodate for drugs that are psychologically addictive (like weed) AND ones that are physically addictive (like heroin)?

*abuse: When I use that term, I mean staying high. If I come home after work and smoke a bowl of weed to relax for the evening, that's not abuse, that's moderation.
    However, if I stayed high day in and day out, and even went to work high, I consider that abuse.

16. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

Which drugs have you tried? If you say none, then you're really not qualified to be talking about what good they can or can't do. Would you trust sex advice from a virgin?

--------------

In general I think most of the problems and misunderstandings around drugs comes from the erroneous idea that all drugs can be lumped into the same category. Cocaine is nothing like LSD, mushrooms are nothing like heroin and marijuana is nothing like alcohol. There are some drugs that can make even a strong person an addict, there are others that are no more addicting than sugar or salt. Some do physical damage to your body, others are physically harmless. You can't just say all drugs are bad, or that all drugs are good.

17. John99 Banned Banned

Mike,

i understand what you are saying. weed is relatively mild and i am referring to more powerful drugs, but they all effect the same areas of the brain only the more powerful the drug the more effect it has which leads to secondary effects.

"If the let drugs bring them down, then they aren't as strong as you would think, now are they?"

with hard drugs you are playing with fire because you dont know the effect they will have until it is too late.

look at gambling addiction, some people can gamble and not think about it and never have a negative effect on them yet some get hooked and this is not due to weakness.

18. John99 Banned Banned

i think that ALL drugs are addictive, just on different levels. Psychological addiction can be just as powerful as a physical addiction.

19. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

Mike, you're a great guy in that you are honest and convicted via your posts. I mean that. But unfortunately (just as is the case with me) sometimes honesty and conviction are accompanied by a liberal dose of ignorance. Such is the case when you refer to LSD as a "pharmaceutical". LSD was once a pharm animal, but it ain't been one of them puppies for many a moon. Shrooms and X have NEVER been to the pharm and won't ever go to the pharm so we can write that one off.

You wanna know about LSD? Ask me. I have tripped at least 100 times on the real deal. I have also used other far more dangerous hallucinogenic designer drugs as well.

Point blank: There is NOTHING I or ANYONE ELSE can tell you about drugs that will mean shit to you as a human being. Truth is, you gotta do 'em for yourself to KNOW anything about them. Fact is, I HIGHLY recommend that you don't.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Trust me, as funny and as much a simpleton as MR. Garrison is, you would honestly be better adopting such a simpleton's philosophy and outlook rather than to go search of the great mysteries of life as your trip toe through the tulips with LSD or ANY other drug for that matter.

Learn to lucid dream. It's WAY more cool. Trust me.

peace,
    Electra

20. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

I use the term pharmaceutical in a slang context. Pharmaceuticals are just another way of saying drugs. But I know what you mean.

I think you are in similar company.

I guess we'll find out in the next ten years or so if it's too late.
    I used to go to raves. I've done LSD, shrooms, crystal meth, opium, GHB, Ecstacy and of course weed. I've also done cocaine, but only a scant few times; it's fun, but too expensive and doesnt' last long enough. I haven't done anything but weed in over three years.
    From late '97 to until I went to boot camp in '98, I went to a 'party' or local rave club at least once every two weeks.
    When I got past boot camp and got to my duty station, I would drive from Camp LeJeune to Nashville whenever we would have our 4 day weekends, go out Friday night and more or less stay up until late Sunday evening or Monday morning, then go back to LeJeune Monday night.
    Funny thing, is that I do have flashbacks. But only when I arch my back like I'm stretching. I then lean back forward and I get the wa wa wa's that you get from doing whippets. It only lasts for a few seconds, but it's actually kinda cool. It's like a free, natural whippet. Hahahaha! But the good thing about that, is they don't just occur out of the blue. I have to induce it by stretching and arching my back; and even then it doesn't do it all the time.
    As far as the mental aspect of it, I don't feel any different, sluggish, stupider than I have been. Like I said, I do very well in my I.T. job here with Verizon.

Yeah, and that statement made me think of that redneck that kicked Garrison off his property in that episode. He said something like:
    Having never done drugs and not knowing anything about them, I can honestly say they have nothing to offer.

Wouldn't that kinda be like saying, 'having never driven a car before, I can honestly tell you that this car handles like crap and rides really rough.'

21. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

ah, so you know what it's like to be "bruised"

there's no one that has done em that don't.

plain and simple, drugs, like sleep deprivation, are just NOT healthy recreationally speaking.

The mind is 10 trillion times more capable of experiencing joy, all manner of sensory perception, and enlightenment, when left to it's own chemical regulation and independence.

22. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Probably, but I've never heard the term bruised before.

No, but they are fun as hell when you're on them!

That kinda doesn't apply to people with:
    -bi-polarity
    -ADD/ADHD
    -anxiety
    -depression
    As those people already have a chemical imbalance.

23. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

Forgot to mention: This is NOT flashbacks brother. It's common to get head rushes when you smoke (anything, and I am not talking when you are high, I'm talking when you're straight). It's a lack of blood regulated O2 uptake to the brain. Believe it or not, smoking IS really a screwed up thing to do on a regular basis. Even semi regular. Smoking screws blood O2 and blood pressure in general all up. I bet when you arch your back and head rush you see the little swirlies too. Be careful bro. I know people that used to make a habit of inducing head rushes like this and whereas you don't normally, you can pass out briefly and crease yer melon on a nearby sharp edge like a table or whatever.