Hope.

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by laladopi, Dec 12, 2008.

1. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

Do you think hope is one of the most important things that keeps us alive or is it the simple "survival of the fittest" I do not understand how atheists of sorts still have hope or the willingness to live without purpose, I guess you could say, there have been many stories of people under Hilter's gun that simply died without the hope of wanting to live another day, If this is some sort of healthy way to just give up, where does the mind set of an actual atheist come from because even for one to be able to "except" that we are just matter wouldn't his whole means of living be slow and effortless, If we are just here to live what's even the purpose to create anything that is more convenient and live saving when if we all died it wouldn't matter anyway. Who cares if nothing existed right?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

We give belief to our existence, the first time we take a breath is when we give birth to our belief and hope in life. The last hope we give to life is the last breath of our life, the coming of death. And death is a new beginning, a beginning of a new life.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

But if atheists think that we are just happening because of matter than why does it matter?
    Because they were given an opportunity and choose to use it the way their ideals go. It gives the same amount of fluid hope except there beliefs are the right ones.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

Atheist find comfort in lack of a plausible explanation, they do have a belief...we all do, all humans have a belief in something.

In the end we are all right, as long as our beliefs are strong and not selfish.

8. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

Well beliefs in the essence of dignity for eternity. For the most part atheist's are ignorant and show no remorse for not listening to theist's and such, rudeness

9. draqon Banned Banned

There is nothing rude in not listening to other beliefs, the rudeness is in calling other beliefs or lack of beliefs (as atheists claim) as rude.

10. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

Agreed if some one is speaking without knowledge than it's just like talking from nothing.

11. draqon Banned Banned

than why do you accuse atheists being rude? post5.

12. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

blah, ok from my perspective.
    but they nothing more than me, and still insist that I am wrong.

13. draqon Banned Banned

I see the hope in peace, peace through buddhism...were no religion is seen at fault and no religion or lack of thereof is seen at fault either. Acceptance of every belief for the purpose of maintaining peace and moral conduct order.

14. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

there is a line between pathetic and substance.
    why wouldn't atheist listen do the fact that they would benefit from it

15. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

then there is atheism? what do you make of this.

16. draqon Banned Banned

Why should atheist listen? Why should any person be forced to listen? Making one listen with force is wrong, even if the message is for benefit.

17. draqon Banned Banned

Atheism is a belief, a belief in lack of concept of God, and as every belief it needs to be respected.

Our duties should be to act peacifully and maintain peace throughout the people even if our believes are different.

18. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

And I do, but we live in a world that cannot entirely except happiness with one another..

19. draqon Banned Banned

well than we should strive to maintain peace and bring happiness to each other, that should be our goal.

How far would one go, maintaining peace and happiness? would one dare to not use guns and put their life on the line for peace?

20. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

you cannot force anyone to do something, unless it is malicious and such.
    we are past the point of no return, yet the return will happy we just don't know when.
    I think somewhere along the lines people were exposed to impurity.

21. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

I don't think it is an -or- question. Consequently it's "survival of the most adaptable". Humans are motivated by pleasure and pain for the most part and hope gives us the prospect of experiencing "future" pleasure. I think all humans experience hope on a regular basis.

All humans have the core biological function to persist by energy collection and reproduction. This gives many people a "sense" of purpose. Also many people find passions in life and engaging them results in a sense of "purpose".

Theism has a side-effect of training some followers that being purposed by a sapient super life form is the sole way to experience the feeling of being "purposed". It's really a form of unrealistic expectations more than anything.

When there is little or no prospect of future pleasure, people tend to give up.

It probably borders on pessimism.

I've never met anyone whose "living" is "slow and effortless".

You're neglecting a simple fact of human psychology. We are pleasure / pain motivated. Creating things gives us pleasure for example.

22. Bricoleur Registered Member

Hi laladopi,
    I think you're confusing the idea of hope with an outcome that's related to afterlife, or some reward for spiritual adherence.
    I'm an atheist, but I have hope. Hope for myself in a narrow sense; hope for my family, that they will know happiness and peace; hope for the world- that the environmentally irresponsible; the one-eyed political animals; the greedy; and not least, the religious zealots, don't destroy what civilization has built over thousands of years.
    As for living without purpose, that is completely misguided. I don't live for a god, but I live for more than purely selfish reasons. Family I've already mentioned, but also art and creativeity, and the passing on of knowledge and skills. Preparing a path for those who follow me, as in come after me, that is enough.
    Just because I believe there is no god, still doesn't make life itself pointless. From a biological perspective, I have no problem accepting that when I die I will return to the earth. I will be recycled, and the molecules that combined to make me will eventually turn into more life. That is a wonderful thing!! I don't ask any more than that.

23. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

Do not assume that I am confused.
    You are not living for yourself?