Lights darting around the sky

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Cheri, Oct 3, 1999.

1. Cheri Registered Member

I'm Confused about what I have been seeing in the sky. For more then two years I have

been seeing little lights in the sky. They dart around very fast and if you don't look real close you will not see them. I have tried to show others but most people can't see them and laughs at me. Only 3 or 4 people have said that they can see them and out of them I am only sure that one can really see them. They seem to hang around the power lines and bright lights and are no bigger then a fire fly. I have searched the web for an answer and the closest thing I could find to what I see is space plasma. I found this at: The Space Plasma Physics Group at Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville http://science.nasa.gov/ssl/pad/sppb/

I have a hard time believing that it is that because I've seen them very close to me but the weird thing about that is it don't matter if there are close or far, they are always the same size. I saw some bright lights to the west of me where a lot of them were flying around and I went to see where the light was coming from. When I approached the area I saw a parking lot at a Northrop Company and all the bright parking lot light (halogen type) were pointed up into the sky. I don't understand what it is and would sure like to know what I am seeing. If anyone has any idea please respond. I have been laughed at and find it hard to talk to anyone about it, so please don't make fun...

[This message has been edited by Cheri (edited October 21, 1999).]

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

My first thought on your situation is a condition called 'retinal detachment'. It's a genetic condition and you may want to have an optometrist check it out before it gets worse. My father has seen the same thing.

The second thing is that the electromagnetic fields around powerlines and lights can cause these things. Since they are very tiny, you may just be more sensitive to them.

I'd recommend geting the eye exam first. You don't want something like that escalating in intensity. If your eyes check out okay, pat yourself on the back for being so perceptive and treat yourself to a bubble bath (which is a relaxing way to reward yourself for solving something.)

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Cheri Registered Member

I have had my eyes checked so we can rule that out. But the electromagnetic thing sounds like food for thought.

Thank for the reply.... = )

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.