pure water?

Discussion in 'Chemistry' started by laladopi, Nov 14, 2008.

1. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

why is water said to be "pure"?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Not all water is pure. "Pure" water, I guess, means \(H_2 O\), uncontaminated by other substances.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

exactly, so water, like our souls can be uncontaminated..

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

Here it comes...

8. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

What's this "soul" thing?

9. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

i dont know, i got my answer.

10. swarm Registered Senior Member

Soul isn't contaminated. Its just mixed with other influences to keep it fresh. Like any music it needs to evolve or it becomes stale.

11. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I hate the smell of stagnant soul!

12. Leo Volont Registered Senior Member

The real question is not about water, but about the import of whatever metaphor is being referred to.

When somebody said that Water could be pure, the Poster breathed a sigh of relief and bespoke "yes, indeed, the Sould can be PURE".

Well, one can carry a Metaphor aonjly so far.

Just because water can be pure... Wait! Water can only be relatively pure. In the real world there will always be some contaminants, even if we must count them only in the Parts Per Million.

So, if the Soul has a problem with Parts Per Million Contamination, isn't that still a problem?

Don't be relieved yet, just supposing your soul might be relatively pure, almost pure, effectively pure. Pure is an Absolute term and nothing is ever absolutely anything.

Now, yes, Christian Doctrine is horrible about this. The first thing that Saint Paul does is insist that People need to be Perfect or they are absolutely doomed to Hell, but then he insists that Murdering Christ gives Christians the requisite Absolute Purity. But this whole discussion stirs up doubts. Well, examine the premises. Would God REALLY insist upon somebody having a completely pure history of blamelessness? Would it not be more LIKELY that
    God would focus not on a person's complete History, but upon the FINISHED PRODUCT, that is, how a person turns out to be.

Paul ignores the Finished Product, because he wanted people to worry about every little mistake made decades before. paul wanted people to worry, so they would HAVE TO buy into his Doctrine of Salvation.

People take the Doctrine of Salvation for granted. But remember, before Paul there was Jesus and Jesus himself spoke of the Doctrine of Righteousness... not of having a Perfect Record of Righteousness, but in BECOMING Righteous.

BECOMING. Becoming assumes that one was not always perfect. But is not BECOMING Perfect enough for God. God did not Create the Perfect World but only a World that would Become Perfect. Why would God hold us to a Higher Standard than He holds even Himself.

13. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

exactly but water holds its purity and is unable to be disguised,
    a soul has a root of which can be filtered back to its pure form, whether it actually is filtered the "enemy" can not infiltrate.

14. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

simple said you just understand the bible not understand what it means and beyond that.
    its state of mind, knowing that what is the truth can survive a death, not into human form but of bliss harmony, middle ground thought. thats just a sample, dont judge who i am or what i say for i only rely the words i hold true.

15. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

and not hide anything from anyone because i am a noted mind, with capacity that is limitless.

16. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Ethanol can be pure. Does that mean we're all drunkards at heart?

17. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

ah, so there must be more to the water than its symbolical to a soul.
    then tell me if you know that?

18. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Iron can be pure.
    Keep your soul away from magnets!

19. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

sure, dont get to close to them anyways, they just try to feed off you or they wouldnt survive.
    what would atheists have to say other than nothing. because its nothing in the first place.

20. Vkothii Banned Banned

"Take twice a day for n years."

21. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

BS can be pure....

22. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

bullshit?

23. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

You seem to know what is pure , don't you.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!