have you ever got that feeling....

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Agent@5, Jul 5, 2002.

1. Agent@5 Registered Senior Member

when maybe your laying in bed or somthing, and everything suddenly feels so far away. I mean literally, like the distance between you and like the window is almost untouchable????

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Captain_Crunch Club Ninja Valued Senior Member

yeh, but i had a feaver at the time, the cealing and door was like so far away n stuff. crazy.

edited to correct spelling...i think

Last edited: Jul 5, 2002
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. bbcboy Recovering christian Registered Senior Member

I have too but that's shytaki mushrooms for you!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Agent@5 Registered Senior Member

really? so noone has experinced it just 'normally'?

8. Captain_Crunch Club Ninja Valued Senior Member

not me. Although i have experienced how the fridge with the beer in it feels sooo far away- this is just pure lazyness though. lol

9. thed IT Gopher Registered Senior Member

Psilocybin do that to me as well. Totally buggers up distance perception. Shitake are really nice in Chinese soups though. I buy mine in bulk, dried, from the local chinese supermarkets along with black fungus.

10. Captain_Crunch Club Ninja Valued Senior Member

i'm guessing if you can buy them at Chinese supermarkets they are legal? i wanna try some of these!

11. thed IT Gopher Registered Senior Member

Hopefully not as hallucinogenics as they are normal, edible 'shrooms. Also used by herbalists

12. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Agent@5

Yes, I get that a lot. And sometimes I don't really know where I am whe I wake up, it feels like the walls and floor and roof have all moved position and gravity has decided to re-invent itself. Very weird.

13. Captain_Crunch Club Ninja Valued Senior Member

i just wanna try them as they sound interesting. they dont sound like hallucinogens - i have never tryed anything like that before and would'nt as they fuck up your nervous system.

14. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

sometimes.. if im driving in the car at night and i look up at the sky.. i feel like im no where.. cuz there is no end.. so where the world is is no such place.. and it is a relly wierd feeling.. but i thats really the only wa i can relate.

15. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

me w.e.

i dont recall ever having had a feeling like that. mayb its bcos i sleep on the floor. i remember all of my dreams tho. sometimes i wake up frozen. i try 2 scream and all that comes out is a faint mumble. sometimes a person next to me can push me while im mumbling. that sends me to full consciousness. sometimes i just need more air so i try 2 breath harder. that works as well. despite these unhappy moments of discomfort, i remain thankful for my life.

16. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Nope. It sounds like you might be experiencing some form of Schitzophrenia( which there are many ). Or you could even be suicidal. I'm no psychologist, but from what I understand, that's a bad sign. Seriously, thhough, if you feel this way often then do something.

17. Captain_Crunch Club Ninja Valued Senior Member

yeh, that does'nt sound good. see the doctor man.

18. Agent@5 Registered Senior Member

who? me?????

19. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Yup.

But don't worry. I knew you were deranged long before this thread.

20. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Agent, Adam...I have two words for you: astral projection.

21. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I was onece very tired, talked to Stryderunknown on yahoo messenger. Then one moment my computer, keyboard all the rest of the stuff drivted away. It was like balancing in mid air, it was fast, but for a moment or so I wondered how I don't manage to fall. Then it all was gone and I was again sitting by my pc.

I think it was because I was so tired, not astral projection. Brain playing tricks.

22. Agent@5 Registered Senior Member

you think there is something wrong with me? you think I shoudl see a doctor?

Bebelina, I have been told it could be that.... butI can sometimes make myself do it, change perceptions and distances... Maybe im autistic?

23. Xev Registered Senior Member

Not autistic, Agent. You would not be here.

You're just weird like me. I do that too.

I've studied psychology a bit. I don't think it sounds like schitzophraenia, and suicidalness (is that even a word?!) is not a disease, nor does it make you feel that way.

Maybe see a doctor in case it is a cognitive manifestation of something more serious, but I would not worry too much.