Witchcraft now an acceptable excuse in the SA army

Discussion in 'World Events' started by w1z4rd, Nov 9, 2008.

1. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

Kinda sad news today. Because of Affirmative and really stupid tribal superstition... witchcraft now seems an acceptable excuse in the South African National Defense Force to do really really stupid things.

Military believe judge was ‘bewitched
    A Senior military judge has escaped prosecution for attempting suicide because some of the SA National Defence Force’s top brass allegedly believed her claim that she had been bewitched.
    The defence force’s first black female judge, Colonel Phildah Nomoyi, 41, doused herself with petrol and set herself alight in her garage in June.

Defence force officers, who spoke to the Sunday Times on condition of anonymity because they would be “fired” if they spoke openly, were furious that Nomoyi got off scot-free and said her case “would open the floodgates” as troops would now cite witchcraft if they did something wrong.

http://www.thetimes.co.za/News/Article.aspx?id=880386

I can see it happening already. "I shot the president because of a witch"... "I raped that woman because of a witch" " I shot that child because of a witch".

Arrg... humans are so retarded. Though you get it from the redneck side as well... just substitute the word "witch" for the word "satan".. but I dont think american brass would let officers off on that excuse.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

dude....he escaped being prosecuted for trying to kill himself?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

:bugeye: do you even understand the situation here?

And what is the prosecution for an attempted suicide? Being killed? So errr...let see he attempted to kill himself which is unlawful so they are going to kill him now?

retarted.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

Did you read the punishments?

She would have being charged and fired ffs. So its better to keep a looney in a position of power?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

Oh yeah... FYI.. South Africa does not have the death penalty for anything. Dunno how they treat lunatics in Russia... but in South Africa we dont kill them

8. draqon Banned Banned

they treat lunatics in Russia by putting them into a special hospitals.

9. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

Or making them Prime Minister

jk

So what is Russia`s military code for officers that try kill themselves? How does Russian law deal with that?

10. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

No you aren't.

11. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

Busted

12. draqon Banned Banned

suicide is not an option, thats how it deals with that. You're back on duty.

13. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

In the USA, that kind of legal defense has been in place and used in countless criminal trials. In Texas, just recently, a woman who was deemed in court as "innocent by way of insanity" was released from custody of the hospitals. Several years ago, she killed her own infant by cutting off it's arms with a butcher knife ....and let it bleed to death. She claimed that she wanted to give the kid back to god.

Baron Max

14. firdroirich A friend of The Friends Registered Senior Member

It's temporary insanity to claim 'witchcraft made me do it'

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  15. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

16. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Why did they let her leave?
    There are surely many situations where it would be quite handy to have a witch around.

17. firdroirich A friend of The Friends Registered Senior Member

My comment was made in jest. Sad, but not surprising that Bush would play that card - but a drowning man would clutch at straws. That's what's wrong with it all, it's so easy for anyone in high office to manufacture a way out of rational behaviour, often with public approval, disinterest or apathy.

18. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

there is an interesting point, how can it not be "not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect" for a charge of atempting suicide?

Its bloody OVIOUS your not in your right mind if you want to die unless there is a dam good reason (terminal illness ect)

19. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

There is a theory that witch hunting increases as time get harder.
    People are ridding themselves of the least productive members of society,
    Grannies, and their lazy self centred familiars, cats.
    No-one has ever accused a good sheepdog of being a witches accomplice.

Witch hunting in Europe reached a peak during a mini-ice age.

If there is going to be a worldwide recession, it will increase everywhere.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008