What do you think about this?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Joeman, Jul 3, 2002.

1. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

I have a little cousin who is going to turn 11 soon. I asked her what she wants for birthday present, she said she wants makeup.

But 11????

Do you guys think 11 is maybe too young for makeup? I have never bought any makeup's before. I don't even know what to buy.

Do I go for it or no?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xev Registered Senior Member

Joeman:
    No, fine age to start using makeup.

Suuuuuuure you haven't.

As for what to buy, lay off on the concealer sort of things. Those are tricky to use if you're young.

I'd suggest lipstick, perhaps a few generic colored nail polishes (red and pink, maybe light blue or coral), and some rouge. Some eyeshadow as well. Light brown is a nice color, or lavender. White/beige also. (I'm presuming she's white)

If you go for the expensive stuff, like Clinique, you can ask one of the nice ladies who run the makeup counter on how to pick out nice colors for her, depending on her complexion, hair and eye color, yadda yadda.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

concealer? What is that?

Well, I have seen women put on makeups before although I usually don't pay a lot of attention. There is lipstick, mascara, eye shadows, and the powder stuff you put on your face. I think you can buy an eye shadows kit with all the colors right? There are also different colors of powders you put on your face. I don't know what is it called. Nail polish and lipsticks are simple.

Does skin color makes any difference? She is half white half asian. She has light skin, brown eyes and brown hair.

I know when my sister growup, my parents don't allow her to use makeups until she is in high school, and she is not allow to use it excessively. I don't really know what her parents think of this, and I am afraid they might not be happy about it.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. NenarTronian Teenaged Transhumanist Registered Senior Member

I'm not a big fan of makeup.. I do like nail polish though, especially pastel-polished toenails..I dunno. Yeah, anyway.

8. Lykan Golden Sparkler Registered Senior Member

I don't care for make-up either. I see it as basically putting on a mask in order to try and appear more appealing to others. I prefer the natural look, regardless of wrinkles, skin tone, etc.

9. Xev Registered Senior Member

Lykan, Nenertronian, mayhaps you could discuss your penchant for cross-dressing somwhere else?

*Smiles*
    This is fun.

A liquid or powder that women rub on their faces to make their skin look more uniform and less blemished.

Yes, there are eye shadow kits. I'd advise buying one of those and letting her experiment.

Mascara is easy enough, and pretty much any will do. Many brands have some "non-clumping"* formula.

Go for that if you buy it for her.

Yeah, skin color makes a difference. Again, I'd go for one of those eye shadow kits, and a very light pink blush. And either ask a female friend *giggles* like Erin - seriously - ask a female friend or a saleswoman to help you out.

Women love doing that sort of thing.

Perhaps you ought to talk to them about it?

*That is, it does not cause the eyelashes to stick together.

10. NenarTronian Teenaged Transhumanist Registered Senior Member

Just because we are straight males doesnt mean we can't express interest or have opinions on "feminine" subjects. RIGHT? Right.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

There are eyeshadow kits that come with all kinds of colors. Personally, I would get something like that for her. The reason is that she can experiment. Find what works and doesn't work. Later in life is when she will be more concerned with learning exactly what she needs. I would think at this stage, for her, it will be more fun to just try it.

I am like Lykan, I like my women natural or lightly done. No amount of preparation and hiding of faults will change what is inside. The outside is like a wrapper. It is no indication of what the prize is that is inside.

It seems that others answered while I was forumulating a reply. I did not mean to repeat you, Xev. rather it seems we had the same line of thought.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2002
  12. NenarTronian Teenaged Transhumanist Registered Senior Member

Hey yeah i think like that too! Don't forget about me..i'm all about naturalness too, guys!