I saw something in the sky

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by cava, Aug 29, 1999.

1. cava Registered Member

I happened to be looking up in the sky last night -- talking to some people in the apartment above me.

Suddenly an object passed accross the sky from behind me and goes quickly out of sight as it passed beyond the apartment building.

Shortly after, two more objects passed in quick succession along the same path.

There were about 5 witnesses and all agree that the objects were not burning. Furthermore, all saw the objects to be disc-like. One person saw a size difference in the last two discs. I have never seen anything like this before.

Does anyone have any ideas? Perhaps the recently abondoned and doomed Mir space station?

I live in Calgary, Alberta and the event occured at ~11:00pm - 12:00am.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

Are you absolutely positive they were disc shaped? Against a night sky any light can look like a disc. If you were in an apartment, I will assume that you live in a built-up area. Lights from the ground reflecting off of low-flying aircraft can distort the shape of the aircraft. Are you near a military base? I live near two bases, a National Guard facility, and a Civil Air Patrol base. We routinely see military craft of all shapes and sizes flying overhead. If they were on maneuvers, the lighting was altered, throwing off the silhouette to ground observers.

But, lest I overlook the obvious, tell me about the sound they made. I'm not trying to debunk you. I just believe in exhausting the terrestrial solutions before going to the extraterrestrial.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cava Registered Member

I agree about not jumping to conclusions.

The objects were disc shaped. The color was a dull yellow or beige.

Also, the objects moved quickly across the sky. If they were indeed jets, their altitude would have to be so low -- to appear that fast -- that we surely would have heard some noise...there was none.

This weekend, someone told me that a meteorite apparently landed in NE Calgary on the same night at ~10:30pm. There was nothing in the media. I witnessed the event in the SW of Calgary and the trajectory was NE.

Would a meteorite not make a sound on impact?

I don't believe that there is an AFB anywhere near Calgary but passenger jets frequently fly near the apartment at various altitudes. However, their pace across the sky is comparable to an ant crossing the sidewalk.

The time order of the three ojects was something like this:

After ~5 seconds following the first object, two more came in quick succession.

Who knows?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Shorty Registered Member

Cava, I know what you're talking about, minus the shape. If you look under ufo's and the paranormal, you will find a topic starter I wrote. It is called"I saw a funky flyin thing". Go there and post a reply to tell me if that is anything like what you saw. Now don't think I'm some alien junky, I just want to get some answers. I don't live in Calgary, I live in Portland, Oregon, USA. wouldn't that be strange if we saw the same thing?

------------------
    I'm really not a shorty.