Dating Attitudes: Ross Geoffries

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by ~The_Chosen~, Jul 2, 2002.

1. ~The_Chosen~ Registered Senior Member

"Just be yourself." or do whatever you believe is right or works.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2002
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Disagree! I am done within a few minutes and that includes brushing my hair and washing myself after I get up. Then I brush my teeth too.

Sorry mate, I do not read those glossy magazines. because of the covers.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

No, again, not of any interest to me. Sorry.

Disagree, again. I've not been studying men that way.

No. I do not play hard to get. I just tell them I have no interest in them as it comes to that.

Conclusion: I am just being myself and have a lot of male friends without being sexually harrased by them. The ones who are making sexual attempts are released out of their misery in an instant. Believe me! I hate that! While going out dancing with friends it occured very often that men are harrasing us. "Death" to them, immediately...

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Oh no! I do not deny that at all!

It doesn't say that a man who can dance is also suitable for other thingy's like sex for one night or so. I am a picky person. I do not like men who are drooling all over me.

I can dance with men and being involved with another, solid person, with who I want to be and stay, as in Love. That doesn't mean I cannot dance with others as my love does not dance. It's just a matter of attitude. That is what I try to tell you. Dancing can be so good, because of the dancing and sharing it with others. Has nothing to do with sex or so then.

I really love dancing. I even teached it. There is a big difference though (I think) between dancing places in the US and the Netherlands. However, men and women are a little the same everywhere where it comes down to trying to pick someone up. It's just all dependable on your attitude and speak your truth when it comes to that...

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

I just thought I'd re-post some stuff:

8. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

Joe 6 pack's rebuttal:

Joe: I MAKE NO EXCUSES FOR MY DESIRES FOR A MAN

Joe: I need you, I worship you, let me put on toe nail polish for you.

Joe: whip me if you can

Joe: The first step in attracting a woman is to be attractive. Duhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. If you are attractive you have her attention.

Joe: If I have a 15 inch schlong, I would work for vivid video.

Joe: I too, like Pizza.

Joe: That's right. You must get a piece of paper, write down all your problems, find out all her problems, count, and compare the numbers.

9. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

the swirl? i dont know....

i do however, read alot of cosmo. LOL. and i will be the first to admit to spending hours and hours in the bathroom... but that is also part of my lifestyle... (looking good, not living in the bathroom. LOL). When it comes to relstionships though.. i dont think i follow a rulebook. I act as i always do. Otherwise, there's gonna be some real problems when i start being myself again.....hahahaha

10. Tyler Registered Senior Member

If you can't attracte a woman by being yourself than maybe you just aren't a good person. Or maybe you aren't attracted to good women.

Since I was 14 and had my first real connection with a girl I haven't bothered faking anything in me. I'm real through and through and have never, ever found a problem getting girls with that attitude.

and Joeman is right. Being attractive is the first step to getting a woman's attention. But, it doesn't have to be.

11. Xev Registered Senior Member

Tyler:
    Right! You can get our attention by standing on your head and singing the Star Spangled Banner (O Canada for Tyler) loudly and in !Kung.

Chosen:

Ah, kid, you gotta lot to learn.

NLPer? Nasty Llama Pervert? Nerdy Loofa Petter? Naturally Lame Person?

Good good.

I need air, water and food. I need some sort of warmth in the winter.

I have my hand and the ladies in preference to arrogent schmucks.

Not without Deparkote.

You mean "fucked". Nobody "makes love" but poetic 15 year old girls with their heads on backwards.

See above re:!Kung.

Unless she takes out a restraining order.

Damn, this "new math" is so confusing.

Good advice.

Shallow, stupid, but good for the slaves...(XEV, FOR FUCK'S SAKE, QUIT IT WITH THE NIETZSCHE!)

Power is what influences people. And the first rule of power is to control yourself before you attempt to control others.

(Note to my twin, should he read: Yes, one might well attempt to control another as an attempt toward self-control - but the subtlety will be lost on many)

12. Xev Registered Senior Member

Chosen:
    My apologies. And yes.

Ah, this

Agreed. No human "needs" another. The perception of need simply leads to pain - IMAO.

Maybe. I'm after self control, but thanks for the recommendation.

Cute. I think you come quite close to Tyler's level, and Avatar and Asguard's.

13. Tyler Registered Senior Member

"Tyler, like Thompson said, what if "yourself" was this guy that cannot get a date in 1 year? Or have only dated once in his entire life? Can you seriously tell him to be himself? That would not improve his position at all. You show him how to improve."

His choice. I'm not going to instruct him either way. There are specific ways you can act in order to get women. Problem is, if you want to keep a very long relationship with a woman you're going to have to keep this act going quite some time.

"Don't associate the rules with faking, cause it really isn't. That's good that you can get girls without that attitude. But if you wish, you can be 100x better than you are."

A hundred times better? Hardly. As it stands my natural attitude is to be a gentleman and relatively (relative to the guys my age) charismatic. I don't need to follow any rules set outside to get pretty much any of the girl's I've desired. And if there was a girl I really liked that didn't want me, it was because she didn't like my personality in that way. And acting different than I usually am is the single least attractive option for me. Not to mention it contradicts one of your 'Rules' - No woman is good enough to make a slave of you. When you stop being entirely yourself, you become a slave.

"First of all, Ross Geoffries, his advice is sound. I've tried it and they all work. If I was "myself" I wouldn't be able to handle ONS, they would be required through trial and error, why waste your time when the findings have already been done?"

You learn more about yourself.

"Tyler, you don't have to improve if you don't want to or already satisfied with how you get girls. I improve and evolve to be better, the best (of course I never will be, but trying never hurt! )"

First of all, it's not that I don't wish to 'improve'. It's that I don't want to change any part of my self to get women. That's just pathetic and sad.

14. Xev Registered Senior Member

Chosen:
    Aye. And life would be very boring and pointless if we knew everything, ja?

A: Yes, very true. Devotion seems to be a major turn-off.
    B: What is the Swirl?

Age is partially mental, but it's more than a number.

Indeed. You have that "sensitive guy" look. Drives most women wild. Straight women, anyway. True bisexuals don't seem to go for it as much....perhaps because we see more of a dichotomy in the way men/women look. Or that is, if I want somone who looks like a woman, I'll sleep with a woman.

Oh, and the type of faces that women prefer vary depending on their cycle. I can dig up the article...it was in either Nature or SciAm...

If you like.

15. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

Xev, you are not really a switch hitter are you??!?

16. Tyler Registered Senior Member

"Well actually, you improve and make yourself become that new person you are. So basically you are still yourself, but with more knowledge and a changed view of the world."

Basically what you're talking about - chivalry, being polite, the polite-lies - is changing who you are. I am a completely honest person a massive majority of hte time. To tell me that I should be more careful of a person's feelings is to suggest that I should change who I am by nature in order to appease those around me.

"Not at all, what if you were raised worshipping women? I mean doing anything for them, listening to whatever they tell you to do. Be yourself you say? Hell no, that is a very bad advice to give. You do act different, but you are showing your new self."

Not to sound Nelsonish, but if you were raised to act that way then that's not actually you but a manifestation of whomever raised you. And something you should probably wipe away. For instance, my mom has an annoying trait of ending an arguement right when she see's she's going to loose. I use to do that. Eventually, I figured out how annoying it was and I dropped it from my personality. It was not a part of me, it was a bumper sticker my mom had left on me.

The choice is simple Chosen, it comes down to weighing the options; would you rather be completely natural or have a woman and know that you only got that woman because you 'bettered' who you are? I prefer to be myself. And so far, I've had not one problem with getting women.

"Say NLP, you aren't naturally good with people, and you want a job as a negotiator, but you have to be good with people. Just be yourself - you will never get that job."

Ah, immaturity. You still see relationships as a game and your personality as a set of skills you can increase and better. Chosen, it's entirely your choice. If you want to view love as a job, then go ahead and enjoy your way. I prefer to be who I am.

Like you said; "YOU CAN'T CONTROL ME"

Well, apparently women can control you. They're making you have to 'better' yourself. That's control.

17. Tyler Registered Senior Member

"If you can influence many people - you have potential for success dude"

When the ice melted at the local hockey rink I spent my lunch hour reading Nietzsche under a tree in our park. After 2 days a few girls approached me and asked to hear what I was reading about. After about 2 weeks I had a small following of people wishing to listen to me speak about philosophy. I had complete influence over these people. And entirely through being myself.

"Improvement"

It improved who I was in view of other people. So, if you are largely focused on what other people think of you, yes, then it is improvement.

"I am still natural! What are you talking about? That's how life is, women choose the "better" and more potential mate who they are happy with and men that know how to please and tease. Fun guys win over boring guys."

Are you insinuating that a guy can't be fun without 'bettering' himself? All I can say is you are quite shallow to not understand that pleasing yourself is significantly more important than getting women.

"Immaturity? Hell no, I have 2 Long terms, in fact I have a LDR right now, long distance relationship. Umm, notice that it concentrates on attraction, not love. Love is something else you can build after the attraction stage."

You have two long term relationships going? Uh, yeah. Well, when you start meeting real women they won't want you being with another girl for a long time and them for a long time.

"Guys have PROBLEMS attracting, that why they never get to love if they can't beat the first step. All guys are capable of loving."

That's right. Almost. Boys have problems attracting girls. Men have no problem attracting women as long as they are confident in themselves. I am naturally quite confident in myself. I have no problem getting women. Getting little girls on the other hand.... Well, like I said, most people either love me or hate me. It's the teeny-bopper 16 year old girls that hate me. The mature of the group tend to love me. Perhaps if I 'bettered' myself I would get more of these girls. But I don't want them.

"They're not making me. I am making MYSELF better myself. If it is a better way to live, I will take it. Wouldn't you take something better than what you already have? Everyone does unless they are completely satisfied with what they already have, this is the case of husband and wife, a truly unique and very special relationship."

I am 100% satisfied with who I am. At the moment, I am working to get in better shape in order to be a better hockey player. This shows that I pride being excellent at the sport I love over being lazy and not carring about my shape.

Chosen, all you have shown is that you value getting money and/or girls over being satisfied with who you are as a human being. Believe me, when you grow up you'll learn that intelligent women prefer a man who is content with himself. Not a boy who has to spend time 'bettering' himself to attract women.

18. Tyler Registered Senior Member

"Nope in no way I am insinuating that. There are different degrees of "fun" More fun is better. I am pleasing myself significantly, and I don't worry about women."

And if I told you there's many guys who are fun naturally? You seem to think this system is the only way to be successful in finding women. The fact is, you're just plain wrong.

"I have met real women - you saying an 18 year old isn't a women? fuck you then, all my life I have been around girls, don't believe me? Look at my picture, in no way am I bragging also."

I'm 16. There's women our age out there Chosen. There's also girls. Like you said, age is largely a mental thing, no?

"That is what the advice says, be confident. But all you have is "be confident" while the other DJ's have much more knowledge than you regarding what women respond to, in the end they will beat you if you compete with them."

You're right. They know exactly what the majority of women respond to. And I don't care. I don't want to try and act any differently than I normally would in order to get layed.

Like I said, it's a matter of values. I value not changing myself to please others. You value getting women.

"Speaking of confidence. How are you confident? Do you maintain long eye-to-eye contact and let eyes dilate? What is confidence to you? I have an extension knowledge on how it is applied. What do you have?"

I don't back down. I understand who I am and know both my limits and my abilities. Funny you should mention eye contact. I've rarely ever been the one to break eye contact. Perhaps it's why women I know tend to tell me everything about them.

"Do you buy drinks for other women?"

I would buy a drink for a girl on a date, sure. If that's not what they like then in my experience I will find that out by the second date when they say something like 'here, let me pick that up'. Learn what a woman likes when you meet her.

"Jealous is one of the best weapons to use against the women you really want, that HB that is a 8-10. They will wonder, why do so many women like this man, what is so interesting about him...then she will fall for you."

If a woman who liked you ever thought you were using jealousy to lure her you would get dumped on your ass in a second. Let me ask you this; if you were out with a girl on a second or so date and another girl makes a pass at you, do you brush it off not letting your date notice or do you use it to make her jealous a bit?

"Who said I wasn't content with myself? I know how to have fun, how to please, how to tease, the chemistry, all that...think of me however you wish, I know what I am."

And I know what I am. All I'm tryign to prove to you is that we don't all need to 'better' ourselves to get women.

"If I mentioned I was 30, you wouldn't say all this bullshit."

Actually, yes I would. I have no idea what your age is.

19. Xev Registered Senior Member

Chosen:
    Ah, thanks but no thanks. Mein gott, who designed that page? Tangerine and pink color scheme? Aaaaaaaaaa!

Wannabes. Power is not about dominating men, although that could well be a step on the road to power, but about dominating yourself.

As for "getting what you want", another sign of being unsure of their power. True power is not being able to get a man to want you, it is being able to say and feel "oh, you don't want me? Fine. Fuck you".

Not that I depreciate. I was like that once. Very unsure of myself, of my personality, of my looks. I still am, you simply do not know it because I do not trust or care about you enough to reveal that.

Anyhow, breaking point came when I realized that, simply by virtue of being straight and male, I can manipulate the hell out of any man. It's one hell of a paradigm shift to go from feeling like the outcast nerd to realizeing that ''I could have any man in this room, single or not, if I wanted him."

After that, I rather renounced this. But I'm not going to go on about how renounciation is the road to true power and all.

Depends. For a true bisexual, it's about attraction. Women are groovy. For the "bi-curious", it's often about catering to male fantasy.

Believe me, I've had women flirt with me just to "turn on" the man that they are chasing.

*Shakes head*

Tyler:

You are correct about jealousy. While it may make a certain, insecure sort of woman needy and receptive to see the man of her affections flirt with another woman, it will make a woman who knows her worth do the opposite.

"Oh, so you're flirting with the cute blonde over there? Okay, guess you aren't as interested in me as I hoped, ergo not worth my time"

BTW, all:

How come so many men get off on being treated like shit?

20. Tyler Registered Senior Member

"No, it's not the only way to be successful in finding women. It's aimed at the majority of women, what they respond to. I'm not wrong to begin with because I never stated that, you assumed."

Actually, you insinuated. The article claimed that just being yourself is never good advise. Fact is, for many of us out there, being ourselves works just as nicely as the type of self improvement you talk about.

"I know you aren't 16 Tyler, good try though"

Oh? April 17th, 1986. Check my profile bud! I'm 16 and have been for all of 3 months now! In looks however, is quite another story. The reason I've been able to date older women is that when I work women I meet assume I'm a University student and for a while I went along with it to get women. I even had a nice story down about me at Western University, first year of a BA, continuing on to do business.... No one ever asks the BA student an intricate question, and I know business because of my dad, so I had no problem pulling of this charade.

"if a woman is 18, is she mature or not? answer that Tyler."

Can go either way. My mom is, well, er...maybe I shouldn't say! But! She is not exactly the most mature person I know. I know girls my age who are more mature (though few).

"Men have their desires, I ain't gonna apologize for any of it."

No, but you'll stop having it as such a high priority eventually. Er. No, that's not true. But, you'll learn to not hold it as suc ha high priority.

"I value becoming better. It was never hard for me to get women, I go to the site and the other more advanced ones because I have failed in competing with another alpha male. Wait until you lose in a competition, you will understand what I mean."

I have lost. Well, not in a direct competition between me and another guy for the affection of a girl. But, I have lost with women.

"How about when you are trying to first pick her up? Buy a drink or what?"

I actually am 16, so technically I can't get into a bar to meet a chick. But realistically, yes I have bought a drink. Generally not though. Like I said, I'm 16 so when I get into a bar it's generally to go drink with soem older guys from work. We sit around and drink. Not go out looking for women. So in a bad the usual situation if a woman will be involved will be her coming to me. Or, more accuratly, her friend coming and saying something like 'my friend thinks you're cute'. But yes, I have bought a drink for a girl when I'm the one making the initial contact.

"Jealousy, I would use, but not to extreme ends, I have experienced and made my girl cry before, so I know my limits."

Good. But I don't like using jealousy at all. If a girl I'm with notices another girl looking at me or hitting on me she'll get jealous on her own. I'm not about to do anything extra to extend that.

21. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

ok! NOW ive been to the swirl... i dont think ill ever go back. i have a chat that i go to occasionally, and im quite partial to it. where is it? heh.. ill never tell...

ive spent ALOT of time working on my ass. if you dont notice how cute it is.... i dont notice how cute you are. but thats just from me.... i suppose every girl is different.

22. Xev Registered Senior Member

HMPH! Everybody's ignoring me.

*Yells "YOU ALL SUCK!"* and storms out.*

Hi! I'm back, did you miss me?

Nightfall:
    Agreed. Yet sheer staring is annoying as hell.

As for giving advice, I'm 18, older than both of you, and perchance know my women better. But I always lose when it comes to men, so I DON'T think that we should be trying to impress each other with credentials.

I think we're more or less equal here.

23. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

i agree it is a little overdoing the feminine bit.

are ya happy now?