Another Nobel for the simple minded

Discussion in 'Chemistry' started by Bishadi, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Bishadi Banned Banned

http://www.latimes.com/features/health/medicine/la-sci-nobel9-2008oct09,0,3475865.story

http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/chemistry/laureates/2008/index.html

Can you imagine that, another Nobel given for such a stupid item. That protein has been in the seas for a few years (since creation dude).....

and the real science was done in 53' but a little short guy and now 55 years later the community just now wised up...

einstein shared the photon electric effect and MRI share how em pulses in a magnetic field can cause mass to emit em too

this is so old and yet the community is just now waking up

but if anyone is aware of boron... and boron dopping a crystal will emit infrared.....

look up the BBO crystal... these can be 'grown' at the nano scale; a fraction of the size of the protien used by the Nobel winners

look up the structure and properties if you like

http://bbo-crystal.optical-components.com/

Boron is a base element that can be combined will just about anything and is quite fun in lasing and entanglement

want your own Nobel?

go get it!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bishadi Banned Banned

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

GFP has been very valuable in molecular biology:

Its the basis for one of the most useful modern imaging technique available

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. CharonZ Registered Senior Member

And polymerases were also around forever. Now guess where molecular biology would be without. And while we are at it, all of nature was around forever. Following that logic no prices should be given out for natural sciences.

8. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

And DNA is as old as life itself but that doesn't mean we knew about it, understood it and could utilise it till Watson and Crike

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The photoelectric effect only works with metals, not biological material and MRI only works in the radiowave range and it works for Hydrogen, which is found in all cells and organic chemicals and so it isn't very good for visual analysis or seeing which parts of cells or bodies do specific things.
    Except you cannot grow an inorganic boron dopped crystal inside brains to see which neurons do what. That's the point of altering DNA to cause particular cells/body parts to contain an organic molecule which glows under UV light.
    Except you cannot grow an inorganic boron dopped crystal inside brains to see which neurons do what.
    Other than specific, selective, cells in living entities. Which is the entire reason this protein is so useful.
    Something you failed to do.

9. Hercules Rockefeller Beatings will continue until morale improves. Moderator

The irony is that you don’t realize how your statement gives away that you know little about biology and clearly haven’t been part of biological research for at least 20 years, if ever.

I can't wait to see if you're capable of even greater ignorance; this effort of yours is a tough act to follow.

10. Bishadi Banned Banned

not the old and crusty again....how the hell r u.....

identifide since 53' Shimamura see a little on the timeline

http://www.conncoll.edu/ccacad/zimmer/GFP-ww/timeline.html

then how does the skin feel the sun?

ie... that is if the neural network is supposed to be 'electrical'

and just about every biological protein will have peptide bonds

and how does the GFP get into your brain... magic

that one protien is huge when a boron crystal can be grown nano style at a few nm and then .. you can use your magic again

that is funny

you can have your brain altered for research

we are talking about markers

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  11. Bishadi Banned Banned

forgot to ask

if photoelectric only releases electrons then what is the protien doing?

i mean we know that tesla shared the phenomenon in 1901 and einstein shared the math in 1905... point being, the element must reach a threshold to release your electron, but when we capture light into a sensor, what is occuring....?

idea of thought is that light is causing a mass structure to release energy upon light hitting it; so the term is fluorescence but the comprehension of what is occuring between the structure and the energy (light) is what i am trying to address

mass will release energy at a threshold...... you like electrons, i enjoy the range and variation of light.

perhaps look into bohrs atom........... note what happens at each change of 'state'

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  12. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

I'm 24, which I imagine is considerably younger than you.
    So you understand there's a difference between a compound existing and us understanding it? So why make the comment "It's been in the sea all along!"?
    Our nerves increase or decrease their rate of firing as a function of temperature. They don't eject electrons via photoelectric principles. If you warm a wire, you increase it's electrical resistance. No emission of electrons or any other charged particles, just temperature change. The nerves are under our skin, not on the surface of the skin.
    That's the problem, how do you tell which protein is the one you're interested in if they all give positive tests in MRIs?

It's added to the DNA of mice or rats or pigs or cats or monkeys or whatever, they are born and raised and then killed, so that we can examine how certain biological systems develop, because the protein will have grown within them as they develop. In some cases, you can examine the systems within living subjects.

Don't you know anything about the biological research this stuff is used for? Do your homework!
    You cannot grow the boron crystal in a biological subject. And there's plenty of room in cells etc for the protein. DNA is billions of atoms long and it's packed into each and every cell with plenty of room left over.

Learn some biology.
    Where did I mention altering living subjects? Don't you know how this has already been applied? Mice have been breed which have particular neurons with the protein. Heck, we've made glow in the dark pigs!

Do your homework!
    Eh? I'm certain I know a hell of a lot more about photons, electrons and even generalisations of photon dynamics to things like gluons than you. Wanna discuss Yang Mills U(n) gauge theory?
    About 8.6 trillion times more intelligent than you.

13. Bishadi Banned Banned

talking about your knowledge (old and crusty)

because the protien was identified a long time ago and should be common place rather than prize winning

What is temperature? What is heat?

your right, living structures don't eject electrons like an electrical system

good job

nerves are not electrical wires either

the same way you do it with the GTP.... the structure is what shares the state

i.e... each structure has its own level of potential

ah they insert it into the critter...

then what is the difference with a boron based structure?

you just shared it to me

to see how living structures are wired

grow in lab; insert marker

no argument there but the idea that something so stupid was nobel worthy when there was an easier way

what's a mouse

known for years....

point of thread was to share to others (not so complacent) to look a little deeper than the fools milling their yang

14. Hercules Rockefeller Beatings will continue until morale improves. Moderator

Oh...my...God.

I didn't think it was possible for you to embarrass yourself any further, but you've managed it.

15. CharonZ Registered Senior Member

In a way that is remarkable. To be honest, though, nothing too much out of the ordinary on these boards, I'm afraid.

16. Bishadi Banned Banned

that's how i feel.....

the monkeys with the degrees are ooosually the biggest idiots....

this guy knows what i mean

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."

or how about the reality of why

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

what about

"In order to make progress, one must leave the door to the unknown ajar."

or

"the complacent are too prideful to actually think; they already know it all"

17. Bishadi Banned Banned

let's stick with philosophy since not a one is interested in science

“To live in accordance with the essence of things, is the premise of the moral life.

One cannot live in peace of mind without at the same time being in harmony with reality.” Also, “The premises of a moral life is based on a covenant with reality.”

“No life is authentic that is in conflict with the order of the universe.”

And not knowing the order of the universe constitutes a serious handicap in living a moral life!

18. Bishadi Banned Banned

then the reasoning of me even being here

"virtue was the most valuable of all possessions; the ideal life was spent in search of the Good. Truth lies beneath the shadows of existence, and that it is the job of the philosopher to show the rest how little they really know."

19. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

Nobel Prizes in the sciences are rarely given immediately, the selectors wait for either confirmation of a theory or demonstration the concept/result is very useful.

Nambu got half of this year's Physics Nobel Prize for dealing with discrete symmetry violations, something he did decades ago.
    Heat is the macroscopic effect of the microscopic kinetic energy / motion of atoms and molecules. Temperature is a way of measuring this effect.
    They are electrical conductors though. You said so yourself. Can't you even understand yourself?
    They insert it into its DNA before it's born, before it's even begun mitosis. Yet again, you show you haven't done any research into this.
    Not that you understood.
    The fact you don't understand it doesn't make it stupid. You don't even seem to understand heat.
    Where did I say they did it to a living, born mouse?
    So why don't you understand how its done?
    You don't even know what Yang Mills theory is, do you? The fact you refuse to accept me challenge shows you are scared. You know you're full of crap.

20. Bishadi Banned Banned

sharing why the so called community is ooosually well below the knowledge of real scientist

we have you as proof too

what is heat? use quantum or schroadinger to share what heat is, as you still haven't ID'd what 'it' is... Perhaps read the 'What is heat?' thread and grow up a little, son

it was bait for the fish but you're too small to keep

the neural network is not electrical; in fact the energy exchanged between ALL LIFE is not electrical...

or better still; energy itself is em upon mass and nare a one electron is islolated from an atoms unless em caused it in every case....

ever wondered why magnets used in generators?

So at the single celled egg before the daddy's sperm, they injected into the nucleus of the ONE cell

a single celled egg is a living critter

and the ad hominen starts

wrong thread for you to be milling your yang

this thread shares the foolishness of the 'simple minded' ............ ooops ..... now i see why you're here;

defending yourself!

21. Robin Hood Science filmmaker Registered Senior Member

22. Hercules Rockefeller Beatings will continue until morale improves. Moderator

Yes, I think that’s a good strategy for you.

You should stick to philosophy as you have plainly demonstrated that you nothing of the applications of fluorescent proteins in biological research, the very topic on which you were attempting to hold forth. People who actually know something of the science involved will be quite happy with this year’s Nobel prize for chemistry.

23. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

Yes, how dare scientists wait for confirmation and development of an idea to show it's useful! It's almost as if they expect evidence!

Firstly, you don't know any quantum theory. I do. Secondly, you don't need quantum mechanics to define heat, it's a classical concept. Do you think noone knew what heat was before quantum mechanics? Why then do atoms obey the Boltzmann Distribution when it comes to their kinetic energy for a given temperature. It was understood pre-quantum theory. It was a result that Planck used to begin the quantum revolution.
    Are you claiming that our neural pathways are not electron and ion based? Look up how synaptic gaps work.
    I know why. I can accurately describe the processes. I teach electromagnetism to undergraduates!
    Which then grows into a living creature.
    Did you miss the word 'born'? Besides, eggs (and sperms) cannot live on their own.
    Stating a fact is not an ad hom.
    Do you or do you not know what 'Yang Mills theory' is? You talk about wanting to discuss the quantum mechanics or Schroedinger equation of things but you don't actually know any. Want to discuss quantum mechanics? How about you show that light is massless, even after self energy is considered?