Biomarkers Observed Contaminating Abiotic Oil

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by OilIsMastery, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OilIsMastery Banned Banned

Link

It's a major leap forward for everyone except the religious fanatics who are about to reply to this thread.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

No where does it state how the oil came about. No where were biomarkers ever mentioned. Another attempt of a moron trying to spin real science to support bullshit.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. OilIsMastery Banned Banned

They are too timid to publish the implications.

Do you know what a single-celled organism is?

That's the most rational and scientific argument for 20th century mythology I've ever seen.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

Right?

yes

The only one here believing a myth is you. I have tried to look up abiotic oil. There is shit for evidence. I cannot find enough credible evidence to consider it a valid theory.

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Dude, why bother.

9. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

For the same reason people poke caged animals with a stick.

10. OilIsMastery Banned Banned

They should have qualified this statement. It's a major leap forward for everyone except the 20th century religious fanatics posting above.

11. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

Did anyone catch the line that mentioned natural gas creation. Which I believe is a hydrocarbon. It was created through biogenic means. What is it with people not reading their own damn sources.

12. OilIsMastery Banned Banned

LOL.

You missed the important part. Abiotic oil is being contaminated by the organisms and broken down into methane and (much more importantly) "intermediate products."

13. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

I didn't miss shit. Your trying to say the article says that oil is abiotic which it doesn't. Try learning how to read.

14. OilIsMastery Banned Banned

All oil is abiotic: http://www.gasresources.net/DisposalBioClaims.htm

"All major oil and gas provinces in the world are apparently associated with transtensive tectonic conditions, supporting the abiogenic theory of petroleum." -- Karsten M. Storetvedt, geophysicist, August 2008

"The modern theory of the abiotic deep petroleum origins recognizes that petroleum is a primordial material of deep origin which has been erupted into the crust of the Earth. In short, petroleum is not a 'fossil fuel' and has no intrinsic connection with any biological detritus 'in the sediments'." -- Vladimir A. Kutcherov, geologist, August 2008

15. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

Wow the same fucking disproven crack pots again. You can quote your morons all you want still doesn't make it true. Oil companies themselves admit they find oil based on the biogenic theory. Every attempt to find oil according to the abiotic theory has failed. The only way this article proves that abiotic oil is real is if you assume that all oil is abiotic.

16. OilIsMastery Banned Banned

Your religious fanaticism reminds me of Tomas De Torquemada.

17. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

the only fanatic is you dipstick

18. CheskiChips Banned Banned

Do they know of specific byproducts? I would assume the byproduct would be minimal...but what happens after a long period of time...such that the supply is depleted?

19. Roman Banned Banned

So they turn useful hydrocarbons into methane.... I'm not really sure what the big deal is, other than that they're ruining all that oil.

20. OilIsMastery Banned Banned

It's impossible to deplete an infinite resource.

21. CheskiChips Banned Banned

It's possible to deplete local resources.

22. OilIsMastery Banned Banned

I'm not sure about that. I don't believe that.

"The idea of finiteness is a prejudice and it is not supported by available facts. Incredible as it may seem, the term "finite" is not only inappropriate, it is downright misleading when applied to natural resources." -- Julian L. Simon, economist, 1997

23. CheskiChips Banned Banned

Fine then; don't tell me the byproducts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.