Australian truck driver gives house to dog

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Vkothii, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Vkothii Banned Banned

In case you thought the universe wasn't strange, I've just watched a story on the news about this guy with a dog, who has bought a $A350,000 house on 1/2 acre, for his dog.

He wanted the property title in the dog's name, but the bank said "uh, no"; he has left the estate to his pooch, though.
    Because his job means he has to rent a flat in town, he spends the weekends at his dog's place.

"He's my family", said the youngish-looking aussie, who also said he feels there is room in his life for the right sort of woman (if he can find one happy to bed down in the back of his wagon on the weekends, since the house is for his family).

I didn't make any of this shit up. And yes, I have been smoking something.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bells Staff Member

Did you intentionally say "gives birth" instead of "gives house" in the title of this thread?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. greenberg until the end of the world Registered Senior Member

Charles de Gaulle, French general, writer and statesman (1890-1970) is sometimes reported to have stated:

The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.

I agree.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

The more time I spend with humans, the more I like cats.

8. Vkothii Banned Banned

Yeah, I just thought 'birth' was more of a headline, than 'house'.

The reporter went on a tour of the house, and the guy took his woggie into the bathroom.
    So the bathroom is where the dog gets bathed (in the shower/bathtub thingy).
    I noticed the reporter didn't ask about who gets to use the toilet, or what this guy uses for a bath or a shower.
    The house does have outside taps though.

Also, since he rents a flat, does he share that with his 'family' too? Does he sleep in his car so the dog can have the flat?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  9. scorpius a realist Valued Senior Member

aint much stranger then Leona Hemsley (sp) leaving several million $ to her dogs when she died recently..