Free parking at sciforums

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Vkothii, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Vkothii Banned Banned

I've been a bit of a devoted fan of this site for over a year now.

Don't know why I got so addicted to it, but I had, at the start, a wacky idea about getting my sorry ass back into a tertiary institution, and introducing my brain to some more of that sciencey stuff, like math, information science (my fave), & whatever.

It didn't pan out - actually I'm slightly disabled at the moment, a couple of injuries mean I can't seriously consider doing a whole lot for a couple more months - so I have a valid reason to procrastinate.

But it's what I should do, having worked my way through an IT career, that was mostly like trying to work with a bunch of idiots (the guys who thought they were in charge), and where I kept having ideas about starting my own business, which never got further than becoming a freelance contractor dude.
    Better money in that, but just as boring, just as many idiots, etc.

Hanging around sciforums daily, seems to have replaced my addiction, such as it was, to playing computer games, surfing the net, checking out a certain contemporary art-form, etc.
    So this is something like playing a game, to me anyways. A strategy game, but with no rules as such (except maybe the ones I invent as I ply my moves and counter-moves on the big board).

What's it like for you?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

Let's just say it involves smoking something out of broken lightbulb

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Lol, cosmic...what a concidence...it's just like that for me too!

8. Vkothii Banned Banned

Doesn't that have something to do with log-rolling?
    I thought that was some kind of a dangerous sport - potential injuries, etc.