Were you bullied ?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Challenger78, Sep 29, 2008.

?

Were you bullied ?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    70.6%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. I was the bully

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Have you ever been persistently, teased, bullied, excluded, at any stage in your life?

Ever not fit in ?
    Felt you needed someplace else to belong ?

Found a Refuge ?

My Experience:

Coming from a foreign country, despite it still being first world, and talking about things that were way too mature for my age, which didn't make me popular. Consistently picked on, hated etc, The usual school yard bully tactics. Didn't help, that I wasn't doing so hot in school either. Funnily enough, it stopped about a year after, when people got used to me. Having a lazy eye didn't help either.

Made me tougher for it. Actually gave me some cynicism, and a need dosage of the real world. However, It might have made me do some things that I might regret doing.

What about you guys ?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

I think I was bullied, but I didn't take much notice.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

I got bullied, and bullied myself.

I would only bully the bullies though.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

i got bullied and bullied...

thank God, i work out how not to get bullied - hanging out with people who were harder than those bullying you!!

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Never as a child, I was a cute kid.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Been bullied as an adult, but I have a strong streak of obstinacy, being bullied only puts my back up.

9. sniffy Banned Banned

wrestles sam to ground and pinches lunch money

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

/cuts off sniffy's hair and shaves off her eyebrows.

11. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I got my fair share of bullying. It stopped though after some boys organized a fight with me and another girl. I didn't want to fight her, because she used to be a good friend of mine, but as everyone was standing around us chanting 'Fight! Fight! Fight!' in that primal way that kids do...she eventually attacked me, and I just came over all adrenaline-addled mutant berserker girl. Lasting injuries and so forth. On her, not me.

That is called standing up for yourself, and it is everyone's right to do that.

12. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

I used to stand up for myself when they bullied me, but then later on I would bully them even when they hadn't done anything to me.

13. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Meh. They deserved that I think.

Personally I think the punishment for bullying, should be that they go to a 'correctional centre' where they will be kicked around by a gang of heavily built, methedrine addled skin heads for a week...

To show them what it's like to be on the receiving end of bullying, y'know?

14. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i was bullied a lot at school, and now i dont take shit from anyone, i wouldnt change the bullieing i had, it made me the strong person i am now

15. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Neither would I, it gave me the ability to rise above things.

16. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

yeah and me, i dont listen much to idiots now, because they are just bullies and i know i am better then they ever will be

17. phlogistician Banned Banned

Some kid tried bullying me at junior school. After a while, I got sick of his taunts and jibes, and started giving him some back. He got physical, started pushing me around, so I punched him in the mouth and cut his lip.

I got sent to the headmaster for that, who accused me of bullying. I shouted him down saying he couldn't know that as he wasn't there, and also, as a Judo student, starting fights was strictly against club rules. I think he knew the guy I punched was a little shit, as was his older brother, 'cos I didn't get punished.

So, I used this method every time someone tried bullying me after that, and it worked just fine. Bullies don't seem to like getting smacked around. The last guy, at secondary school, started off as a bully and ended up crying like a little girl, although the funniest part came before that, when I was weight lifting, he decided he must be better than me, so tried lifting the bar I just put down, and couldn't shoulder it. So I clean and jerked it in one go, just to show everyone what a cock he was.

18. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Class!! I would have loved to see that.

19. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Why does bullying make you a stronger person again ?

20. Cellar_Door Whose Worth's unknown Registered Senior Member

Meh, most people get a bit of teasing in school. When I was about seven I had a weird relationship with a girl who lived near me - we were meant to be best friends but she could be pretty nasty sometimes. I used to be quite shy and I wouldn't know how to retaliate, so I would just take her jibes.
    When I was a bit older I fell out with some of the boys on my bus, and they used to call me names loudly until we made up. I've also had a group of girls having a go at me, but I'm quite lucky in the respect that none of these things have lasted much over time.
    Oh and I've been hit, but that was in a fair fight so I suppose it doesn't really count.

I think that only applies to a certain type of personality and a certain type of situation. For example if you've taken harsh taunts in the past, they won't throw you half as much as an adult, and you'll probably know what to say back. Alternatively, if you were always called fat and/or ugly as a teenager, this could have lasting effects on your confidence or even eating patterns.

21. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I am trying to think back to school. I would have to say NO I wasn't bullied.

22. John99 Banned Banned

Shorty, can people think back? Or do you mean remember?

23. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Hey I was brought up in European household where they used some strange phrases..lol

STOP Bullying me or I"M TELLING ON YOU.