Wireless mouse/keyboard combo -> errors?

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Giambattista, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Short story: hp wireless mouse and keyboard interfere with each other. If I move the mouse, there is sometimes a lag of a second or so where the keyboard won't respond.
    I have experienced similar on my Macbook when using the built in trackpad. My wireless mouse doesn't interfere with the keyboard.

What is up with the HP wireless implements? Is this a feature?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cjard Registered Senior Member

I find putting certain cellphones on my desk screws them up.. Try changing the channel on the keyboard and re-detecting it

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

How does one go about that?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

I went through a couple of different wireless keyboards before switching back to my old wired one. I found that it just couldn't keep up with my typing and the results were missing letters in many of my words.

I liked being able to stick the keyboard in my lap on occasion and just lean back, but when I start writing I don't like being constrained by the keyboard's deficiencies.

8. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

this logitect one is great, its as fast as i need and it never screws up

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

I don't know that my problem is like that.

Mine seems to be a lag between when the mouse performs some action and when the keyboard can. If I'm just typing without using the mouse, I don't get the same effect.

I typed "asdf" really fast a number of times, and none of the letters was missing.

It seems that it's just the mouse and keyboard together because they both use the same wireless receiver.

A good example of the problem was when I was playing a game that uses the mouse for turn direction and firing while the keyboard is used for moving forward and back. With this computer, I could either move, or turn direction, but it rarely worked where I could turn while I was moving. It was either one or the other.

I encountered that before, but this particular game cemented the fact that the mouse and keyboard interfere with each other. Not sure why something would be designed like that. Seems pretty stupid.

10. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

nope, no lag. Course these 2 are ment to work together, they come as a set and run of one transmitter

11. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

My Dell wireless sucks...there's always a lag if I haven't typed in a while, as the power savings system brings back up the keyboard

12. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

so spend a little money and get a decent one. This set (wireless keyboad and wireless optical mouse) only cost me $40 or so

13. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

I just use a good wired keyboard. I really don't need a wireless keyboard. I still use the wireless mouse.

14. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Mine is like that. It came with the HP computer.

It's the only computer I experience that on, except like I said in the original post with my MacBook. The keyboard and built in track pad behave the same way.

15. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

When I need it, I plug a wireless mouse into this computer and forego the one that shares the wireless receiver with the keyboard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.