Stupid UT2004 glitch

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Giambattista, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Basically, whenever I try to play anything other than Deathmatch in Unreal Tournament, the program freezes, a second program comes up (looks like the type of icon in the taskbar that is usually associated with an installer or updater, but doesn't appear to have any accessable windows or dialogs) and its title is Microsoft Office XP Standard for Students and Teachers! In the taskmanager, when looking at the running applications, it is listed there along with UT2004. When I right-click and go down to "show process", it takes me to UT2004.exe. There appears to be 61 processes running when this happens. Exiting either Unreal or the "Microsoft Office" programs shuts down both of them. After Unreal is gone, there is about 58 processes running.

I did a search on the computer for that exact string, and there appears to be nothing whatsoever entitled Microsoft Office XP Standard for Students and Teachers.

Is this pretty ridiculous? One type of game works fine, but the other choices all make this happen.
    I've never encountered this kind of stupid erroneous process before.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I'm going to reinstall the game and see if anything improves...:geek:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Hmmm. No one has ever had this kind of thing happen with any program at all.
    I find it to be quite a queer malfunction.

Or is it just the fact that I'm playing UT2004? I'm so "yesterday".

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.