I don't know what to say here.

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Mr. Hamtastic, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

Really. I am at a loss. It seems that my disability income and my wife's minimum wage income are enough to make us ineligible for quite a bit of help from social services. The obvious solution, to me, it has been made clear, is unacceptable. Perhaps if I simply left, so she didn't have to claim my disability, she'd be able to get more help. As long as I stayed alive, she'd continue to receive my payment. I've been homeless before, so it's not that big a deal. Her getting an education is nigh unto impossible, because she seems to be afraid to get her GED. If I go back to work, expenses increase and help dries up, to include my disability payment. No gain there.

Just to save you some time:

"You're full of shit"
    "Your attention seeking is becoming embarassing"
    "There's nothing wrong with you, Jackass. Go get a job or an education and quit whining"
    "Go jump in front of a speeding Mack Truck"
    "You have nothing new to say I see"
    "Sell your computer and disable your internet connection, for our sake."
    Copy and post away, just to save those of you who want to say these things some typing.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I cannot believe that your disability and her minimum wage make you ineligible for social services. What is the criterion for being eligible for social service? There should not be an income limit on it. It should be need based.

I suggest you move to Canada.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

if you are homeless what happens to your kids?
    instead of thinking about all of this why dont you just start doing housework like crazy.learn how to cook.cook so that your wife and kids have meals waiting for them.clean/wash/generally be of as much help as you possibly can.try it for a month and see what happens.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

While I wish it werethat easy, it's not. We were getting 792$ in food stamps a month at the beginning of this month. I get 1600$ in disability that I have earned. We are being reevaluated for assistance, and so far we have been notified that we are eligible for 192$ in food stamps. Our grocery bill per week is around 450$ including diapers. She makes, on average, 140$ a week take home. We spend about 120$ per week on Gas. 400$ per month on vehicle and ind insurance, and 250-350$ a month in utilities. Then there are yearly property taxes, legally required vehicl inspections, clothing, toiletries. We were in the red before, now we're just 500$ more in the red.

8. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

My wife and kids, as a single parent and children, qualify for GOBS of stuff. I think there are programs that would pay for childcare and let her not work, bu be a full-time student.

I have already done my daily housework, but thanks.

9. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

those numbers are ridiculous.

well the thread that your "wife" posted begs to differ.

10. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

he's right in UK the more monetrey help you get the less help you get form our wonderful social services,

i cannot get help from social services because of my boys, i claim the higher rate disabilty for both boys, and they say that that money should be enough to help us get through any difficulties we ahve with the boys,

social services in this country are so busy taking away kids from decent perants and leaving kids in danger of being killed by they're mums and dads at home!

anyway HAm, you are not alone in not being able to get help from them, i ahve spoken with the boys dr's, early intervention scheme, and they still think we can manage

11. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

why cant you manage?

12. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

I don't feel like arguing anymore.

13. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

this is what i mean.you wont make any progress with your problems if all you do is run away from them with your fingers in your ears shouting "lalalalalala im not listening"

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

kenworth, I think you missed the fact that Ham has kids.

Being bipolar is not his choice, you know.

15. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

i know he has kids,i know that being bipolar is not his choice, he just seems unwilling to do anything constructive.

16. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

all the money in the world wont get my son to school, he kicks, bites, screams, hits people, he's violent to people we walk by, he runs into the road and has caused 4 accidents already, and beacuse we live just 10 mins walk from the school they ownt help, its not that i cant cope, but last year his attendence at school was just 13%, becuase he finds it difficult to cope with the other kids, and if i hit him (like people have aready suggested) I get called a bad mum, and that is just my youngest, my oldest child well he's....differant again....he gets scared to go out, he will walk off with total strangers, and has already had to be bought back home by the police.

17. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

no, my oldest son has Bi Polar! amoungst other things!

18. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

i see,thats shitty.
    have they tried therapy?

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You don't know much about mental illness do you?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Its hard to find a treatment because one size [contrary to opinion] does not fit all.

20. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

yes they have, and i ahve also been on a peranting course, we have even tried carrieing him to school, and its not just going to school its happening when we go out with the family, he ahs severe ADHD, and he is on medication so social services and the "child adolesecent mental health service" say the DLA (disabilty living allowance) and medications hould be enough to make him act better

21. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

we have tried so much, therapy, medicactions, groundings, standing firm on rules, seeing through punishments, all sorts but he's just getting worse from day to day, the medications are not helping.

22. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

no i dont.
    and thats why i just asked if they had tried therapy,it wasnt a suggestion.

23. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

boot camp?