Stronger police are a good thing people!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Norsefire, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Seriously, does anyone else realize how pathetically weak the police are in this country?

I don't know about you...but I like safety and security. And stronger police doesn't mean you're some psychotic dictatorship....you can still have freedom. Go about your life and enjoy it, and the police are just on the aisles when you need them.

But seriously, give them good training and equipment, intelligence (like cameras in PUBLIC areas so don't complain about privacy) and let them do efficient searches, etc,

Unless of course you enjoy crime

Although you may think me the kind of person that would pour alot of money into the military, I actually don't approve of excessive or significant military spending. I think it can be used elsewhere, like....the police.

Police, IMO are more important and they have alot of respect from me; so do soldiers but I'd give more money to the police force than to the military.

See, they protect and serve

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...&prev=/images?q=strong+police&um=1&hl=en&sa=N

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kadark Banned Banned

Fuck tha police.

Kadark

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

YOU of all people don't want a stronger police force?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Do you mean weak as in physical strength or weak as in there aren't very many?

8. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Weak as in lack of power and weak as in lack of numbers and weak as in lack of proper training and equipment

Don't get me wrong, we should also eliminate the causes of crime (poverty, lack of education, racism, etc) but also stronger police wouldn't hurt.

9. Kadark Banned Banned

I live in a horrible neighbourhood, so I get to experience how corrupt the police force can truly be. Creating and sustaining environments wherein crime doesn't arise is infinitely more effective than giving the police force unlimited power.

Kadark

10. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Or, both together are infinitely more effective than either alone.

11. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

So you mean weak as in all of the above? Personally I don't like the police because the experiences I've had with them were all one's where they acted like complete asses. However I don't see anything wrong with having more people on the force and for those people to actually be fit. Its really sad when I see some LAPD officers fat enough to play Santa Claus at the mall, but being fat isn't so bad if they can actually move. But they can't their fat and slow, I know that if I ever wanted to get away with something outrunning the police would not be a problem.

12. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Not just physically fit, but have proper training and equipment

Pistols just don't cut it. In an urban environment, the best weapon is an SMG. Why not arm the police with proper submachine guns?

Or stun guns.

However I understand there is corruption; IMO, police shouldn't be paid a salary, nor should people in office, so that money can't be the source of corruption.

I'd be a police officer or in office even without a salary because I want to help my nation.

13. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

How would you live if you made no money? Police don't need more weapons, they misuse them enough as it is. One officer gets trigger happy and the 10 year old who stole a videogame ends up with a bullet in his leg, stomach, and forehead. No thanks. Police deserve better than what they get. But I don't think most officers become corrupt because of money they become corrupt because of the power and influence they have over other people's lives. The same ego problem that some doctor's get. I don't care much for the police. They don't come when you call anyway.

14. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

It can be a part time organization instead of a career

Or, we could change it so that promotion isn't based on the number of arrests you make because I feel that encourages officers to just focus on arrests

The boy that STOLE.....

Police need efficient weaponary

And we should change that. Make sure only the righteous get into the police force.

15. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

I'm sorry but a $20.00 used videogame is not worth a child's life. The owner was furious when it happened he said if he knew the police were going to be so stupid he would have let the kid have it. Now he feels like the boy's blood is on his hands. It's sickening. Seems like a pistol was efficient enough to cut a little boy's life short. The righteous become infected with the same problem, haven't you ever seen the show Death Note?

16. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

If I were the owner it wouldn't bother me one bit.

Crime is crime.

17. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Well, I'm sure his parents would love to hear that

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

You're sick. I don't think there is another way to describe you. If he had actually tried to run I can see an officer shooting him in the leg, but after he was shot in the leg he wasn't going anywhere. He didn't have a weapon, he didn't even have the game anymore because he dropped it when he got shot the first time. The officer said that the bullet wound in his stomach and head were just poor aiming. If it had been my kid I would have loved to shoot the officer myself and then say I just missed when I shot him in the gut over and over again, or maybe I'd have my boyfriend do it since he wouldn't even have to go to court.

18. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Why would any parent defend a criminal?
    Ok, I understand that it's extreme but we have to be extreme against crime

Ok but why not the police have efficient stun guns or tranquilizer guns? Then they don't kill anyone but it does stop them and they can use it.

The officer was just doing his job. Didn't the kid know stealing was bad?

19. scorpius a realist Valued Senior Member

so,next time you are in trouble or when someone robs you,,just call your mother !!
    dumazz

20. Kadark Banned Banned

I let the streets handle it.

Kadark

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

How do you get stronger police? Who pays for the training, weapons, and overtime? You're a tax 'n spend liberal!

22. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Are you talking about america? Surely not. I'm frequently shocked and appauled by how much power the police in america seem to have, and how batshit crazy they are, it's terrifying, it's the only reason I wouldn't go to america.

If you're talking about the Uk I agree, it's absurd and embarrassing how they putter around in fluro hatchbacks begging people to obey the law.

Australia's police are somewhere in the middle, I feel I can tease them a little bit without getting shot, but I know not to really fuck with them.

23. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

No, the correct term is "economic left wing", but I'm socially right wing so not a liberal.

We should be more than willing to pay for extra security.
    Surely yes

The police can't fire unless fired upon; if we granted them "use of deadly force" authorization, it would save countless lives through efficiency more than it would take lives.

Or at least give them tranquilizers and authorize them to fire at will.

They can't stop and search you without a "warrant" which is fucking stupid, as it is inefficient

The police don't have enough "presence" via any sort of cameras or surveillance
    The police just don't have what it takes to get the job done
    Yea, the UK police are somewhat of a joke IMO.

You shouldn't TEASE them at all, and I wouldn't blame them.