Ever have this happen

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by skaught, Sep 21, 2008.

1. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

Every now and then I will get a very short lived but intense feeling of euphoria. Often accompanied by an overall feeling that everything is going to be ok. It usually lasts for about 5 to 10 seconds, never longer than 15. Often after it happens, I find myself seeking out the sensation. Trying to get myself back into the mindset, but it is fleeting. I imagine that it is probably a sudden burst of seratonin in my brain or something similar. Just wondering if anyone else gets this, or what the explanation for it might be

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Flashbacks, Raoul?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Carcano Valued Senior Member

"There are days when I feel I might suddenly collapse from an overdose of satisfaction." -Salvador Dali.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

I've wondered if that may be it. It is reminiscent of that feeling you have when you get home with a fresh bag and know the pleasures to come.

8. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Sounds like hot flashes, have you hit menopause already ?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I've felt it.
    I just attribute it to a moment of physiolgical balance with the world.

10. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

Thats a good way to see it. Maybe next time it happens I will ask the people around me if they felt it too.

11. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

MY physiological balance with the world.

12. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

*Note to physio dart team: crank the dosage*

13. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Please do.

14. Betrayer0fHope MY COHERENCE! IT'S GOING AWAYY Registered Senior Member

One day I was thinking about the girl I liked, and suddenly I felt what you described, and I realized it during the moment, which lasted for actually ten to fifteen minutes, and I can easily say it was the happiest I've ever been in my entire life. I even tried to think of things which usually made me sad, and nothing really changed my feeling of pure joy. It was completely random(besides the girl thing), and I've yet to feel this feeling again.

15. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

I get it before I start drinking.

16. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Being bipolar I get that euphoric feeling from time to time as well. Not as much since I've been on medications though.

17. 11parcal Saint of Cynicism Registered Senior Member

I've had this as well, it lasted about an hour but unfortunately I think I'm addicted to it, I now almost never feel just normally happy, I think I may be clinically depressed, for other reasons, but yes occasionally when I'm with the girl I like I get a feeling of total euphoria

18. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

I'll get it sometimes when I'm with my GF. But mine is mostly totally random. It can happen right in the middle of a horrible day, or it can happen when things are already feeling pretty good. BOH said i well too when he said he can even think of something sad during this time, and its like nothing. Sometimes I will try to think about some of my friends who have died, and my attitude towards it totally changes. Like its ok that they are dead.

19. Betrayer0fHope MY COHERENCE! IT'S GOING AWAYY Registered Senior Member

Exactly, that actually help me get over MANY embarrassing things that have happened in my life, now that I think about it I probably should've thought about something much more important. I just remembered another moment like that, but it's pretty different from what I described earlier. The girl I like(not going out) and I were at some restaurant, and one of my friends(who was sitting with us) saw another friend and started talking to him about something really geeky. The girl and I just stared at each other for about five minutes, and it's like I couldn't hear or see anything else but her, and we both had smiles on our faces. It seemed to go by so fast, but I guess they talked for a while. I still consider this the best moment of my life, if we're doing a happiness/minute equation.

20. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

I have some similar experiences when I watch a movie or read and book and what is happening seems right in sync with my philosophy or something that I have experienced. Also when I happen to be pondering something and come up with a unique(at least to me), idea. Shivers up the spine.

21. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Usually only when I'm listening to music or high on adrenaline.

22. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

ditto on that!!! Thats another time I will feel it.