Going to the Doc tomorrow.

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Mr. Hamtastic, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

I know there will be a bit of silliness in response to this, but if anyone can tell me if these seem like rational arguments, let me know. If not, let me know that, too.

"And how are we today"-dr "Fine"-me "Any side effects from your medication"-dr "Let's do away with these pleasantries. Yes there are, we've discussed them before. Dry mouth, tremors, lack of sexual desire and ability. Let me tell you what I want to do, you tell me if they are within the realm of possibility, ok?"-me "ok"-dr "Option 1: I want to completely come off medication of all kinds. I want to remain 'clean' for a month. At the end of the month we can begin adding medications, one at a time, and judging if they are having the desired effect without interfering with my sexual capabilities."-me "Well..."-Dr. "Wait. There's an option 2: Continue my current meds without change. Refer me to an ECT clinic. The biggest two side effects of ECT are short-term memory loss and sexual dysfunction. I don't care about the memory, and the dysfunction can't exactly get any worse."-me "What about DBT?"-Dr "I'll try DBT regardless. I want to do either option 1 or option 2. If medication is not affecting my sexual ability, then it is possible that I have a physiological problem, which I shall seek to address. Right now, I have no way of telling, and I know I am ingesting unnatural chemicals in high doses. I must assume that it is these chemicals interfering with my sexual function."-me

That's all I imagine. I could have parsed it better, maybe, but that's what I want to say to the man, for better or worse. What do you think? Suggestions?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. camilus the villain with x-ray glasses Registered Senior Member

you're going for erectile dysfunction??

you should try to get some painkillers

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

no camilus. It's my psychiatrist. I can't afford a GP.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.