Goth Rock Will Destroy Your Child

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Cellar_Door, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Cellar_Door Whose Worth's unknown Registered Senior Member

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Betrayer0fHope MY COHERENCE! IT'S GOING AWAYY Registered Senior Member

Perhaps it's not trendy anymore.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I'm too lazy to read that.

But most of my goth friends are pretty well adjusted. Much more so than the so called normal ones.

Fuck normality.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

8. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

Like it was 15 years ago, Goth is falling "off the scene". It's a good thing, I think. I was very into the Goth scene, and the trenchcoat mafia. Those things are lost on today's children. Today's children are simply too well adjusted for true fringe movements.

9. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

goths are not falling off the scene, it is more likely that people are ripping into them and making them go some place elese away from everyone else!

10. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

hehe. Trenchcoat mafia.. That was what the columbine guys thought. And people blamed it on rock music. People will blame anyone but themselves. Personally, I haven't seen a true goth yet.

11. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

neither have i,

however with all the moshers, emos, and goths that are getting beaten up on a daily bases now, no wonder they dont want to dress like they did, if people left them alone they would come back out more

12. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

In essence, thats the embodiment of the saying "by being non conformist, you are essentially just conforming to another trend".

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Goth rock destroyed my sperm...

14. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

It fucking sucks doesn't it?

I heard of a girl who got beaten up by a group of boys who refused to let her go until she apologised for being a goth.

I think they should be taken to a public place and whipped a la Saudi Arabia. I don't care if they are underage. That's sick.

I've had people shout 'mosher' at me in the street, and while it's very liberating to yell back 'Kiss my ass you motherfucker' I'm wondering how long it will be before they progress from shouting 'mosher' to kicking people's heads in.

15. John99 Banned Banned

That sucks.

16. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

17. John99 Banned Banned

There must be sompeplace to go in GB to be accepted. In U.S there are quite a few places where Goths go unnoticed. Perhaps London.

18. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Camden too. I went to Camden while in England 3 years ago, and it was class. Everyone seemed to have at least 3 facial piercings. I should move there.

19. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

California should be pretty friendly to goths...hell they're like a granola bar...FULL of fruits and nuts.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

j/k VI

20. Cellar_Door Whose Worth's unknown Registered Senior Member

Not surprised - there's a chav/emo war going on throughout the UK (it's just the chavs greatly outnumber the goths/emos/other).
    I once heard an awful story about a boyfriend and girlfriend 'goth' that got beaten up in an inner city park. Their faces were so mutilated by the time the scallies had run away, that their bodies had to be identified by DNA samples.
    I looked around for the link but nothing came up - I read it in the Telegraph about a year ago.

21. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Oh....my...god.

Did I ever argue against capital punishment?

22. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

we see things like this almost daily now:

Two teenage boys have been jailed for life for the murder of a woman who was killed for dressing as a Goth.

Sophie Lancaster was kicked and stamped to death by Brendan Harris, 15, and Ryan Herbert, 16, in Stubbylee Park in Bacup, Lancashire, last summer.

The pair turned on Miss Lancaster, 20, in an act of "feral thuggery" as she tried to get them and three other youths to stop attacking her boyfriend.

Harris must serve a minimum of 18 years and Herbert 16 years, the judge said.

Miss Lancaster, a gap-year student, cradled 21-year-old Robert Maltby as she begged the gang to stop beating him in the park in August 2007.

Harris and Herbert then turned their violence against her.
    Your behaviour on that night degrades humanity itself

Judge Anthony Russell

The attackers did not know the couple, who were both Goths, and the only motive was they simply looked different, the court heard.

Three other teenagers, two aged 17 and a 16-year-old were also jailed for the attack on Mr Maltby.

Passing sentence at Preston Crown Court, Judge Anthony Russell QC described the attack as "feral thuggery" which raised serious questions about the "sort of society which exists in this country".

He added: "This was a terrible case which has shocked and outraged all who have heard about it.

"At least wild animals, when they hunt in packs, have a legitimate reason for so doing, to obtain food.

"You have none and your behaviour on that night degrades humanity itself."

'Terrifying place'

The judge described the Goth community as "perfectly peaceful law-abiding people who pose no threat to anybody".

He said: "This was a hate crime against these completely harmless people targeted because their appearance was different to yours."

Goths emerged as a youth subculture in the early 1980s.

Police react to the sentencing
    Although initially used to describe a form of music, it has evolved to encompass literature, art and fashion, with its exponents typically dressing in dark clothing.

Earlier, the judge heard that Mr Maltby, who was not in court, now finds the world terrifying and still suffers long term physical and emotional damage.

In a statement read to the court, Mr Maltby said: "I really just like to think I'm now only eight-months-old.

"I'm finding the whole world a terrifying place."

Brothers Joseph, 17, and Danny Hulme, 16, both of Landgate, Whitworth, near Bacup, and Daniel Mallett, 17, of Rockcliffe Drive, Bacup, all pleaded guilty to grievous bodily harm with intent on Mr Maltby.

Mallett was sentenced to four years and four months and the Hulme brothers for five years and 10 months each.
    Three other teenagers were jailed for the attack on Mr Maltby

Brendan Harris had denied murder, but was convicted last month, while Ryan Herbert pleaded guilty before the trial started.

After the hearing, the Chief Crown Prosecutor for Lancashire Robert Marshall said: "Very occasionally, in spite of all the tragic and distressing cases that the CPS has to deal with, we come across a case that stands out as truly shocking.

"The murder of Sophie Lancaster and the vicious attack on her boyfriend Robert Maltby stand out for their utter pointlessness and sheer brutality.

"Worse still, it seems very likely that the attack started as a form of amusement for those involved."

He extended his sympathy to the families and outside court, Miss Lancaster's brother, Adam, 23, thanked people for their support.

"Although the sentences seem fitting and appropriate, no sentence is long enough to compensate for the loss of Sophie," he said.

His mother, Sylvia, added: "Justice can never be done because it will never bring her back."

===============

RIP:

sophie lancaster!!