If I was a Palestinian...

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by S.A.M., Sep 16, 2008.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

... in the 1930s and a Jew came up to me and said he had a right to a Jewish state in Palestine I would :roflmao:

What would you do?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

`
    Crucify him...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

hmmm. I would have to ask, "By whose authority do you say this?" The Jew would respond,"The British Empire" and I'd have to go find a new place to live.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Really, is that what the Americans did under British occupation? Moved?

8. Betrayer0fHope MY COHERENCE! IT'S GOING AWAYY Registered Senior Member

Yeah. But they weren't Americans at the time.

9. Sock Puppy I cAn haZ INfrakShun? Registered Senior Member

As a perspective, let's put it this way:

If a Native American came up to me and told me he had a right to a Native American state in the US...I'd be pretty damned hard-pressed to deny his right. This is essentially the case for islam, and even Christianity, in Israel. I'd want to work together to help him achieve his fair goal with minimal harm to all parties.

10. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

If some sioux get together and lay claim to a big chunk of the US southwest, we'll be screwed, short of just telling them "No".

And just some clarification, those you are referring to as "americans" were actually a blend of europeans, living under the british flag for about 200 years. The true Americans were all the folks with the bows and arrows that were scattered about. They moved or were killed.

11. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

I refer you to "The trail of tears"

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So you're saying if a horde of native Americans threw a bomb in your house at night while you were sleeping [a favourite tactic with the Irgun and Stern gangs, ] you'd get up and run away? But of course, since genetics proves Palestinians precede Jews in Palestine, does that mean you think Israelis should move? So as a Palestinian with more than 5000 years of ancestry in Palestine, where would you go if a Russian Jew bombed your family and took your home?

13. Sock Puppy I cAn haZ INfrakShun? Registered Senior Member

And if we were the ones who started throwing the bombs, would that be fair also? How do genetics prove Palestinians predate Israelis in Palestine?

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Simple, Jews are closer to Kurds and Armenians than Arabs. And Palestinians share a haplotype with Negev Bedouins that originates in the South Levant, the Bedouins date it to at least 7000 years. Now guess where the Kurds and Armenians were 4000 years ago.

15. Sock Puppy I cAn haZ INfrakShun? Registered Senior Member

Got a link? I think you're thinking of the Khazars, not Judah and Levi.

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Nope, I'm thinking of Israelis. Since it was an Israeli study.

The Y Chromosome Pool of Jews as Part of the Genetic Landscape of the Middle East
    Almut Nebel,1 Dvora Filon,2 Bernd Brinkmann,4 Partha P. Majumder,5 Marina Faerman,3 and Ariella Oppenheim1
    Am J Hum Genet. 2001 November; 69(5): 1095–1112.
    Published online 2001 September 25.

The Aaron thingamajig is the biggest joke there is. Apparently, the entire Middle East is a Cohen, genetically. Seems like the reason the Jews follow a matrilineal line is because the dads might all have been Arab.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
  17. Sock Puppy I cAn haZ INfrakShun? Registered Senior Member

Your cited comments concern Y-chromosome only; yet, Jewish inheritance is matrilineal, not patrilineal.

?? Explain. Why?

Well...to use your study, no.

Y-chromosomal inheritance, assuming the subsample is right, suggests closer male relation to - as the study says specifically - Turks, Armenians and Kurds. So if Jews are more related to Arabs in autosomal (non-sex chromosomal) regions...it's actually the moms that would have been in the 'Arab' group, and the dads from elsewhere (Turks, Armenians and Kurds). Mind you, those terms are all modern anyway and one really should use ancestral terms to talk about relationship earlier in history. Also, has anyone compared present day haplotypes to those of, say, ancient burials in the region? This might help the analysis quite substantially.

Also, you seemed to have missed the last sentence in the Abstract, which is the only part of the study you cite:

Heh. So I guess Palestinians aren't really native either, eh?

Frankly, despite the Jewish "genetic claim" actually being reasonably good, I'm not particularly interested in it as a justification for immigration. It's more a cultural thing, really, and it's appropriate that Jews have the same rights in the ME as everyone else.

And, while I'm wishing, I would like a pony. A flying pony.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Nope, the Y chromosome findings are the Jews are closer to Kurds and Armenians. The part that puts them in Palestine is from the Arabs.

Umm, does origin of haplotype ring a bell? They are different from the rest of the Middle East. They carry the gene that originated in the South Levant in the neolithic period.

Reasonably good? Its bullshit. The only part of them that is from Palestine belongs to the Palestinians or other Arabs. Originally, they are Kurds or Armenians.

19. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

:yawn:

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah, I think the Palestinians are descendents of the original Israelites. The present day jews are just hijackers who adopted their God and are now pretending to be the descendents. They are nomads who were slaves in Egypt.

And like I told you archaelogy had already put them there before the Jews. Genetics has just confirmed it.

21. Sock Puppy I cAn haZ INfrakShun? Registered Senior Member

Only on the Y-chromosome. To disprove Jewish relatedness by their laws, you need an mtDNA study (which finds no difference among Ashkenazim, Sephardics and Palestinians as I think I recall from a while back) or a generalized nuclear DNA difference. I'll check out your citation in more detail later.

Why, yes it does!

Please re-read the last two sentences of the Abstract and tell me what you think of it:

In other words, haplotypes found not in the Levant, but in Saudi Arabia. As in: in the conquerors of Palestine back in the seventh century.

Not at all. The Y-chromosomal relationship concerns a single chromosome, not the entirety of the genome.

Perhaps, in light of your study, it would be better to say that the Sephardic Jews are the real original inhabitants of the region rather than the Palestinians (who apparently are displaced Saudis) or the Ashkenazism (who are related to Kurds and Armenians and Turks). Then again, those latter nations are much closer than Saudi Arabia anyway.

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So? The mtDNA study shows that all the four Jewish women are also from soemwhere north. Not Palestinians.

The Eu10 haplotype is 64% in Palestinians and Bedouins, much less in the other Arabs, the mixing is the other way

23. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

so how come they are close to palestinians? or was that study bogus too