VistaMizer

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Repo Man, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

I've never worried much about how Windows appears. For the longest time I'd turn themes off, and make it look like Windows 2000.

This last weekend I briefly used a new laptop that had Vista. I didn't use it enough to form much of an impression about the OS, but it looked pretty. Looking into beautifying XP, I found this; VistaMizer, a freeware program that makes XP look and sound much like Vista. I've installed it, and I like the look and sound of it.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

If you're bored with the look and sound of your XP computer, give it a try. It can be uninstalled if you have a problem. I haven't had one so far.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I'll keep my XP format thank you. I've grown very comfortable with it over the past 5 years and really don't want to change a good thing into a , well, another thing.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

I have Vista Home Premium on the new Acer Laptop, and I am not sure what the difference is between this ans Vista Basic. Neither has the Aero. Interestingly I have 32 G shit on it to start with, and that is basicly Vista and Acer programs...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Home Premium has the option for Aero, but you have to choose it as a theme. Depending on the video hardware of your computer, it may not be worth doing.

Best Buy has now offers a $30.00 service to remove all of the unnecessary crap that comes preloaded on lower end laptops. Well worth it for those not tech savvy enough to do it themselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.