God Bless You My Ass!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Orleander, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Went to symposium in Grand Rapids today. On the drive home in the pouring rain we passed a homeless shelter where out front was a HUGE truck handing out bags of free food. Farther up in the street, was a older man struggling with bags splitting open and apples/can goods spilling everywhere. We had to slow down so we could drive past him. People lined up to get their food were laughing, jeering, and pointing at apples he missed.
    I made my husband pull over, dumped out 2 bags of stuff, grabbed my umbrella and ran to the man in the street. I picked up apples in the gutter, grabbed a smashed loaf of bread and helped him get out of the street. I repacked his food. I then gave him my umbrella. He said "God bless you" I said "God had nothing to do with it. God is standing in that line of people over there"

I went back to the truck so pissed off. Those assholes had the nerve to clap for me and give me a thumbs up. I wanted my husband to run over each and every one of them.

Now I feel bad that I said that to that man.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

i know how you feel, there was a guy colapsed in the road a few months ago and all people did was honk there horns at him and give him the finger as they drove past. humanity discusts me at times

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Thank you.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

That is pretty fucked up. What city was that?

8. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

But you did more good for him which he will remember.

9. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

People are cunts.

10. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

adelaide

11. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

That can't be that big a city! And I thought Toronto was fucked. People act like they could careless if you lived or died here...

12. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

its not a big city, when i moved here i called it a country town because its so much smaller than melbourne

13. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

youre a good person. dont feel so bad.

14. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

Whoa! I thought your ass had sneezed or something. Humans suck. Christians are usually exspecially sucky, because they are usually quick to be human, rather than act christian. I'm sorry you had to go through that, but don't beat yourself up over it. Let it remind you that you are an unusuallly good person, when compared to the rest of humanity.

15. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I hate that. I always try to think people are good and crap like that ruins it for me. I tried telling myself that there was only so much food and they didn't want to lose their place in line. Well, fine. I can understand that. But they didn't have to jeer at him and laugh and all that other mean stuff.

One guy even crossed the street walking right by him, pointing to an apple he missed. I want karma to bite them in the ass but considering they are homeless lining up at the mission for old food, I think it already has.

16. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Maybe they have the perspective to realise there's worse things in the world than having your apples roll around on the ground? Maybe they have to laugh at minor misfortunes of that nature because they experience genuine misfortune frequently throughout their lives?

Bitch.

17. tim840 Registered Senior Member

Lou you are exactly the kind of person that makes people say

Good for you, Orleander.

18. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

See! What have I been saying? No matter what City or Country you live in, there are always a bunch of assholes, bitches and ppl that would just walk over you to make sure that they get ahead of you.

I am usually a good samaritan and help out when I see someone that needs help. But after I do, I always wonder if I was in their shoes would anybody stop to help me. :shrug:

I have noticed where we live no matter how nice ppl are to your face, they will stab you in the back. There is this constant competition going on. Who has the nicest cars, who has the nicest lawns, who put in a new hot tub, who got a new pool..etc There are the nosy "housewives" who like to get together and just gossip about everything going on in the neighborhood. We are planning to move in the spring since the housing prices here have skyrocketed. Hopefully things will be a bit different outside of the big city.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008