Is there a trend to good and bad drivers?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Ol-Skool, Jun 25, 2002.

1. Ol-Skool Registered Senior Member

A lot of people, where I live, scorn Asian people, or people of obvious Asian decendant to be quite bad drivers, who dont have 'common sense' when it comes to the road. In this category is also, Old people and generally ethnic people.....
    does anyone else get this where they are? Or is it just the people around me?

Ps THis is not intended on offending those who have been described... you know, i dont agree withit personally, but you know sometimes if you hear it enough, and experience some inccidences, you are tempted to think.....

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Agent@5 Registered Senior Member

ohh man.. that was spose to be MMYYYYYY post!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

P-platers

i am actully sick of people telling me i know nothing about driving because im on my plates

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Agent@5 Registered Senior Member

Yeah i can empathise with you there.... I was a kick ass P plater!

8. sjmarsha Registered Senior Member

I think that P and L plates are dangerous... when I see one i think "oh my god! I've got to get out in front of that slow learner!!!"

So I end up taking just a little risk in driving faster to make sure I make it to the junction in time...

9. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

p and L plates???

ad yes. old people are like deer driving cars. two weeks ago i was in an accident with an old couple. totaled my car. i am now vehicle-less..... so, when borrowing my boyfriends car, driving down a main road in town, an old woman wazs stopped at a red light, and as im driving through my green light, she whips a right.. not infront of me.. not right behond me.. AT ME! luckly there was no one in the left lane, so i layed on my horn and swerved. old people are terrible drivers, i think after 50, you should have to re-take the whole driving test every 4 years. they are verrrry dangerous.

10. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

then again.. i do live in michigan..... we have our own rules to the road. -laughs-

Last edited: Jun 28, 2002
  11. sjmarsha Registered Senior Member

I think over 40 you should take it again.... only so I can laugh at my parents when they both fail.... That would stop them from moaning at my driving!!!!

12. Agent@5 Registered Senior Member

yeah definatley.... but then some young boys are dangerous drivers too, i think anyone who has had a major accent or has prooved to be a danger on the road shoul have to take the test once a year

13. sjmarsha Registered Senior Member

I've still got my West Country accent so that means I wont have to take my test again?!?

Sorry, I was just having a laugh. yes it would be a good idea to make people who haveaccidents take their test again, but what if it wasn't their fault...would you make them pay again?!?

14. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Just so you know, "ethnic" means "racial". I am Australian, white, of north-west European descent. The term "ethnic", although incorrect in this use, applies to me as much as it does to anyone of any other background. For those of you who don't know, the Australian press has a rather nasty habit of giving incorrect meanings to certain words, such as "ethnic" and "regional", which the general public then accepts into common use.

As for the topic... There is indeed a trend among drivers:
    Good drivers: Me.
    Bad drivers: All you other freaks.

15. orthogonal Registered Senior Member

In my experience, the worst drivers are in Italy. Rules of the road are optional and their favorite part of the car is their horn. They earn points by taking out Vespas.

Most people in North America might say that Boston has the worst drivers. Only people who have never been to Providence, Rhode Island would say this. Of course, Providence consists largely of Italian-Americans (Hmm...).

My brother used to complain bitterly about Asian women drivers when he lived in California. When he moved to Florida he complained about all the old people on the road.

Get off the road if you ever see an old half-Italian, half-Asian woman at the wheel.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Michael

16. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

Wow I thought Asians bad drivers stereotype only exist in US. But it exist in Australia appearantly?

Agent@5,

Are you and Ol-Skool the same person?

17. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

A lot of people, where I live, scorn Asian people, or people of obvious Asian decendant to be quite bad drivers, who dont have 'common sense' when it comes to the road.

I've driven in Tokyo. The Japanese are some of the most curtious drivers I've ever seen, compared to Hong Kong, where the drivers have the "dog eat dog" attitude. You can't generalize and lump Asains into one group. The Japanese and Chinese are two separate cultures with many of their traits at either ends of the spectrum.

18. Agent@5 Registered Senior Member

no Old skool is my Bf, I was spose to start this thread, but i forgot e was logged in....

Just so you know, Australia is a very racist counrty, i personally do not adhere to these ideas, and i am not endorsing racism. Ethnic, really means anyone outside of you local geographical area.. kinda thing.... i know its a term that had changed since the use of it in australia, which has come to mean like Middle eastern ppl and so forth.....