Wii

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Asguard, Sep 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

i decided to stop taking over shorty's thread, my apologise shorty i didnt mean to do that

this thread is about 2 things
    1) has anyone played Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, is it any good ect

2) does anyone have a wii and what do you think of them for adults rather than for kids?

also how much of a workout does the wii give you for instance with wii fit or with the general games?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

I have the Wii, and it's more of a novelty item than something that will last well.
    The games seem too bland if laying by yourself.

Also, the motion control is very badly implemented on Wii Sports, and I can imagine it being the same on mst games.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

The wii is great and you would surprised now much energy you can use on wii fit. But it is def more geared towards multi players.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

thats ok because PB and i wanted something we could play together.

though i here zelda is still single player

as is whats going to be my favorite game from what i saw last night, force unleashed

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Got a Wii for the weekend, tennis and ping-pong. Just the fact that you have to be standing burns more calories. I figured out a way to play tennis in a low movement mode, but my wife was jumping back and forth.

Beating the computer is hard, but playing against friends is fun. Heard Wii Fit is a good workout and with its $90 price it is cheaper than buying a 2-3-400$ machine, and probably more fun too.

9. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

But you can buy a good workout DVD for about $10-15 bucks.

10. superstring01 Moderator

I have one. And an XBOX 360 and never touch them. Ever. It's stupid. I'm normally more frugal than that, but I was somehow compelled to buy these damned things I never use.

My boyfriend, however, gets plenty of use out of them.

~String

11. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  12. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

It is ignorant to say. I bet I can find a game for you that you would like. You can play poker or tetris with them or any old fashioned Arcade games...

13. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

im disapointed that they changed the music on the mario kart block fort level. The music in the 64 game was so cool

14. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Wii sells more than Xbox 360 and PS3 TOGETHER:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/151038/xbox_360_barely_outsells_ps3_in_august.html

"Xbox 360 won the latest round in the monthly battle with PlayStation 3 hardware sales, according to figures released by NPD Friday. Of course, both figures--195k for Xbox 360 and 185k sold of PS3--pale to the nearly half a million Wii consoles Nintendo moved.

With 453k consoles sold, you'd think Wii was the best-selling game machine for the month. Actually, it was DS at 518k handhelds sold."

Worldwide total:

total as of sept 6 08

wii 32.14M

x360 20.66M

ps3 15.39M

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  15. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Wii, Is fun if you get into it, but usually people figure out how to play via low movement.

16. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

MY GOD

PB bought us a wii 2 nights ago and all we have on it so far is wii sports and mario smash brothers so i have been playing wii sports ALOT

Im now ACHING all over. God that thing gives you a work out

17. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Wi sports is quite a workout. It probably is possible to use less movement, but right now when I run a race or jump over logs, I"m as tired as if I'd really done those things.

18. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

i cant play wii sports baseball. Whenever i hit the fucking thing it falls JUST short of the boundry and i get caught

Scored a 200 in the bowling though and im playing reasonably well in the tennis

19. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I bet the direct connect lines keep better pace with the action than the remote signalling.

20. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

actually its very responcive from what i have seen so far. Apears to work on multiple functions. For instance the screen target apears to work like the old nintendo guns where they read a bit of the screen.

Then there must be some sort of gyroscope in it because it registers being twisted on the same axis

it reads going forward, backwards, up, down, left and right movements of the remote as well as being twisted in the same spot and also it registers a twist WHILE being moved in a different axis

21. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

Wii Sports.

Tennis - Doesn't matter which direction or how fast you swing, only twist and timing do anything.

Baseball - Seems to be only speed which does anything.

Bowling - Great, seems to take into account everything.

Golf - Seems that only speed matters

Boxing - The most frustrating thing ever, it doesn't really give a shit what you do, so long as it's a slow jab.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.