It's 11-9-08.. Seven years on

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Challenger78, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

So, today we switch on the tokenistic news, and we are awash with facetious anchors smiling and applauding the heroes of 11-9. We remember the "tragedy" that happened on that day, and we stop to mourn their loss.

Nobody ever remembers why it happened. Nobody stops and mourns on 20th of march ,when the invasion of Iraq began, and the USA truly started fucking things up royally.
    No one remembers the interventionist and "what we say goes", policy of the US prior to 11-9, no one remembers the millions that died due to the United states indirect or direct action.

So, we pass by another anniversary, of forgetting the lessons of the past. Reversing decades of progress in little more than 7 years. Civil rights, peace processes, international image, forgiveness across boundaries, prestige, stability.

As a fictional character once said "If you're looking for someone to blame, you need look no further than yourselves."
    "the day the world changed. for the worse"

No one ever remembers the faults of Bremer either.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. jessiej920 Shake them dice and roll 'em Valued Senior Member

I remember why it happened. It's called blowback.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Care to tell us just where those MILLIONS were?

And don't come back with the "starving kids in Iraq" sob story, because that was a UN action - not just the U.S. Besides, Sadam had PLENTY of money to feed all of them but chose to build his gaudy self-serving palaces and military instead.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

green - so 9-11 happened because of something that happened after the event?

red- i thought you were just talking about the "interventionist blah blah policy" of the US prior to 9-11.make up your mind.

as if on a day of memorial for the dead people would go around saying "yeah...but they did kind of deserve it"

8. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

After the fall of the soviet union, there was only one superpower, so, who do you think had the most influence in the UN ?

9. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

But people have on other days.
    The day of bombing Hiroshima, people go around saying "well... yeah, they did..".

9-11 happened because of interventionist policy prior too, the event.

10. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

not in japan.

and you still havent answered my other points.

11. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

That won't cut it - you're trying to sidestep the whole issue I raised. Go back, read it again and respond properly or else admit you are making false accusations.

12. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

I refer to the millions that the US has indirectly or directly killed in the past.
    People seem to think that the US turned bad after Iraq, but the policy has always been there.

13. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Challenger, You tend to neglect the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait, Iraqi "Super-Guns", the Gassing of Kurd's (Gas incidentally made from the Petrochemical industry) along with the years of hostility towards UN Weapons Inspectors and Anti-US propaganda posed by the Iraqi leader.

It's a shame that some only look so far in history, it's the main reason why we are doomed to make the same mistakes.

14. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

my thoughts go out to the families of the victims of 9-11 and all the innocent people who have suffered since

15. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

I lose patience quickly with those who cry,"The US is bad!". Like the biggest kid on the schoolyard, the US tries to intervene as little as possible. If another kid starts making threatening actions towards the US, it must react. Some fucktard with money got some morons together and had them fly aircraft into "symbolic" targets. The fucktard had some militia training camps and was good buddies with the Taliban. Afghanistan would have made a lovely radioactive wasteland, but the US has tried to only wage war with the Taliban and the Fucktard. Another Fucktard had been causing problems not to far off in Iraq. The US had let this fucktard stay in power despite his obvious inability to care for his people. After 9/11, because we didn't want the fucktards putting their heads together, we invaded and deposed the one fucktard. We may have killed the other fucktard as well, but we can't be sure. The US is doing it's best. People who are American citizens, who absolutely despise the things the US does, are free to leave. People who decry the US who aren't US citizens, don't worry, when your country is hit by disaster of some kind, or is unfairly attacked, we will still come and try to help your worthless asses, we will defend your sovereign territory while you demonstrate against us, we will offer care and economic subsidy, while you whine about how evil we are.

Sorry. I lost friends 9/11. Fuck you, buddy.

16. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

hey ham man,

i seriously doubt the iraqi fucktard and the Alqueda fucktard were actually mates.... I could be talking shite BUT just that one was basically a brutal Securlar military dictator while the other is a religous fucktard..

17. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Sure, You'll always be there to fix your mistakes.... I haven't seen a disaster strike Australia since WWII, and even then it was doubtful whether you did anything you wouldn't have done anyways.
    How about a little relaxation on the tarifs you have your so called "allies" ?.
    How about a little assistance on legitimate UN missions ?
    How about weeding out your own incompetence ?

:roflmao:..Yes, sure, like anyone trying to claim whats theirs (oil), thats a threat right ?.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You're kidding right? Right?

19. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

You think people in Iraq and Afghanistan go around saying that yeah, the people who died in the bombing deserved it ?.

I'm commenting on the fact that after 11-9, the past was convieniently forgotten, or at least, the most elements of it.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

21. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

i very much doubt that the majority of the people there even think about it.what is your point?

22. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

The President of the US lied to his citizens about the weapons of mass destruction that started the war in Iraq and no one has ever done anything about this outright lie in order to start a war that was never needed. I remember that along with the attack on the twin towers which I'm sickened about to this day.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

23. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

It was in reference to your saying about japan.