An orange is more like a side of beef than a live goose

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Mr. Hamtastic, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

That's right. I said it. An orange is edible, so is a side of beef. Neither one is currently stuffed in my clothig. That's 2. They both will remain stationary if not interfered with. 3 is enough for now.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. 11parcal Saint of Cynicism Registered Senior Member

I certainly hope that the live goose stuffed in your clothing has enough air or it probably won't be a live goose much longer

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Except of course, both the orange and the goose have more inedible parts and can remain fresh for extended periods without refrigeration than a side of beef.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

I can read that 2 ways. The orange is more like the side of beef than a live goose is like a side of beef or the orange is more like a side of beef than it is like a live goose.

Whichever the case, I think it depends on whether orange is still on the tree and if it has a navel.

8. John99 Banned Banned

a live cow. an orange is closer to a side of beef than a live cow.

9. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

Elephants can recognize the bones of dead relatives. Who knows if a cow would agree with you if it 'knew' that side of beef when it was mobile.

10. tim840 Registered Senior Member

Live geese are edible. They just put up more of a fight...

Watch out - geese bite

well if you figure the earth is constantly moving, the orange and the side of beef are not stationary...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

:blbl:

11. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

All excellent points. I must point out that 1)neither an orange or a side of beef will defecate 2)Both an orange and a side of beef will tolerate having milk poured on them, though a live goose will put up a struggle about it 3)If you put a cigar out on them, you will wind up with an orange with a burn mark, a side of beef with a burn mark, and one pissed off goose.

I'm not sure it matters if the orange is still on the tree, although I would suggest that it would be an easier matter to stick an orange that is seperate from the tree into one's clothing than one still attached to the tree. For arguments sake, let us assume they are all in an oak tree, on low lying branches, but not physically attached to it.

What does having a bellybutton have to do with anything?

12. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

If defecation is the defining feature of an entity then my brother goes for weeks without being a man.
    1) I have had plenty of struggles with portions of a side of beef, let alone the whole thing, so I think you are generalizing. And certainly a goose is fussy, but this is hardly definitive. Orange and the goose both share tendencies toward roundness. As a neo-platonic I must see this are more central than the passing mood of a ruffled goose.
    Admittedly the first two are stoics, but number three here is really the same as number two. An appeal to a passing mood and hence a weak argument. You could put a cigar out on my brother and the most action you'll see is perhaps he'll click the remote.

All you have proved is that I have more in common with a live goose though you cannot get my feathers to catch on fire.

I do not think we can come to greater understanding of what things are by putting them somewhere they never are.

I think it would be better if one of the elders in your family fielded that one.

13. Anti-climactic 2+2=5 Registered Senior Member

I have to know, is the orange more like a side of beef than it is like a live goose, or is the orange more like a side of beef than a live goose is like a side of beef?

14. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

I tried to get clarification. I think they are asserting both at the same time.

It is a problem in fuzzy logic.

15. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

Oh! Sorry about that. I am taking the position that an orange is more like a side of beef than an orange is like a live goose. I think a side of beef and a goose are too similar to discuss with any accuracy.

16. Anti-climactic 2+2=5 Registered Senior Member

Thank you for clearing that up

17. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

Here are my similarities for the day. 1) One can throw an orange straight down with the same accuracy as a side of beef. Given a bit of distance, a Live Goose would alter course, or at least attempt to effect its own velocity. 2) You can cut an orange into wedges and eat them. You can cut a side of beef into wedges and eat them. You can cut a live goose into wedges, but it stops being a live goose when you do, it becomes a dead goose or, at least, a disturbing parody of a live goose. 3) An orange in an oak tree and a side of beef in an oak tree will both attract squirrels. A live goose will not.

18. tim840 Registered Senior Member

Well, you can peel an orange, and you can peel a goose (eww) but you cant peel a side of beef

19. tim840 Registered Senior Member

also i suspect that both a goose and an orange would explode if microwaved for extended periods of time

puke

20. Anti-climactic 2+2=5 Registered Senior Member

I believe you have a point there, and so you are saying they have something in common with potatoes?

21. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

Nownow. Start your own thread if you want to discuss the similarity of a wild goose to a potato.

Where was I. You can peel a side of beef. And a properly coated side of beef would probably explode more violently. I think these are just things all three have in common.

22. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

an orange and cow both have navels.
    A goose doesn't

23. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

What's bad is, I was just wondering why you hadn't replied to this. First of all, I don't think there is an inedible part of an orange. I wonder about a live goose. Properly ground I'd think you could possibly drink a goose as a slurry, the tricky part would be keeping it a LIVE goose. A side of beef placed in a vacuum at room temperature should survive as well as an orange under similar conditions. A live goose might have some difficulty with the vacuum.