Are You Telepathic?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by darksidZz, Sep 6, 2008.

?

Answer

Poll closed Sep 18, 2008.
  1. Yes, I have experienced a telepathic moment

30.8%
  2. No, I've never had any experience similar to telepathy

30.8%
  3. I'm uncertain, I may have though

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Definitely not!

38.5%
  1. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I once heard telepathy wasn't possible due to an inherent quality of our skeleton structure causing it to dampen our ability. Well then I want to know if you THINK you've read someones mind, or known something mentally without speaking to another. Let me know with a story and a vote!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

That's wrong. Telepathy is possible.

There's no evidence anybody is telepathic or that telepathy exists, though.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I can read the minds of most politicans , they all want power so as to be able to make lots of deals in order to make money for themselves and their co conspitators in their deal making abilities. Many peoples intentions can be read not by actually mind reading but just common sense as to what they are involved with or what they are up to.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

Correct.

That is why mollusks and sharks are telepathic - no bones.

Human efforts to overcome the limitations of the boney cranium are evidenced by the history of the Trepanation procedure - a crude attempt to "let thoughts in and out".

:mufc:

8. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Huuummmmmm!!(with fingers on temples) I'm reading Darkie's mind....I'm getting something....aw Jesus Christ, Darkie...that's disgusting!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

Here is a related question regarding telepathy:

Can the data traveling through cat5 cable be perceived using a wireless device, or scanned using something that is not physically attached to it?

Does the cat5 cable "leak" any sort of byproduct that can be used as a readable medium (radio waves, electrical field, heat, light, anything)?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  10. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

AFAIK, most cat5 cable is shielded to prevent EM leakage...that way if a bunch of cables are together, they won't induce stray voltage in to each other.

11. Carcano Valued Senior Member

The scientists who seem to have done the most work on the possibility are Dean Radin and Rupert Sheldrake.

http://www.deanradin.com/NewWeb/TCUindex.html

http://www.sheldrake.org/homepage.html

12. superstring01 Moderator

nobody is telepathic.

13. jessiej920 Shake them dice and roll 'em Valued Senior Member

I'm telepathic

14. superstring01 Moderator

What am I thinking?

~String

15. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

that's telepathetic for you.

16. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I don't know about being telepathic but I have I have figured out, found out predicted a lot of things going by my gut feeling. Maybe it's just women's intuition I don't know.

17. tim840 Registered Senior Member

Telepathy is impossible, ya weirdos

Challenges, anyone?
    Go ahead, read my mind...

(yeah right)

18. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

Is there is anything even remotely close to this happening with the brain?

If a thought is simply a series of synapses traveling across nerve tissue, what gives an outside observer the ability to observe or insert themselves into the relay?

19. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Hmmmmmmmmm I see a pasture of cows gone crazy with Mad Cow,
    one of which seems to be crapping out the remains of a Health nut..it's coming to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I think it's a Vegan...

20. jessiej920 Shake them dice and roll 'em Valued Senior Member

Your mind is a great jumble of thoughts. You are caught between scorn, slight amusement bordering on condescending humor, and thinking that I must be stupid. But I know, for certain, that you don't believe me! *Cue Twilight-Zone theme music*

See, look how telepathic I am!

I was being sarcastic, by the way...in case you didn't catch that earlier

21. pluto2 Banned Valued Senior Member

There is no shred of proof that telepathy actually exists or even can exist in the real world and unfortunately for parapsychologists, physics triumps over everything.

My father convinced me many times that there is no such animal as telepathy when I was being paranoid and having persecutory thoughts. My father (an electrical engineer) said that the world would have looked completely different if there was such a thing as telepathy because then everyone could actually understand how someone else feels and also bad people would use their telepathic abilities to take over the world and control the minds of others.

Although I'm quite sure that there is no such thing as telepathy, I think that there such as a thing as mental illness, paranoia and schizophrenia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecutory_delusion

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  22. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

Anyone who thinks they are telpathic there's a person who will give you a million dollars to prove that you are. As yet no one has ever claimed that prize money and it still is available to anyone who thinks they are telepathic.

Here is the link to apply for the test to see if you are telpathic.

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html

23. Epictetus here & now Registered Senior Member

I knew someone was going to start a telepathy poll, and I knew he would limit the voting time so severely I would miss the poll. Could everyone please keep their polls open for a few weeks at least? You would probably get a more accurate reading, and more replies.

I don't consider anyone psychic. If anyone was, why did no one warn about 9/11 or so many other tragedies and disasters?

Having said that... my own experience is I was standing on the street outside my house one sunset. Suddenly I thought I saw a certain friend of mine who I hadn't seen, nor heard from, in a couple of years turn the corner, as if coming to visit me. As I've said I thin paranormal premonitions are horse hockey, but this feeling was so strong, I told the other residents of the house what I had experienced.

You psychic guys can predict the rest: the very next day at dusk, my friend appeared.