We need a new direction

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Norsefire, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

In terms of our society and our nation and our people, the Human species, we need a new direction.

Of course, we need order, efficiency, and stability; but we need also new ideas.

It is my opinion that democracy has got it only half-right....but it isn't perfect. Constitutional democracies are inefficient, and this is a problem for order.

People forget that nations are made up of people; governments are for people. Their will and their desires come first, and their needs of course, and government should be the system that addresses these needs and desires. Efficiently*(key word)

We spend so much time bickering on silly things; if we truly act, we can achieve anything. All we need is willpower.

Another problem is 'freedom'. I know, I know, "how can freedom be bad?"
    It isn't bad, but the way it is treated in America, for instance, is. There needs to be freedom for ideas and for individuals, of course, otherwise the people are only slaves and the nation is pointless.

However, freedom is misused. We are far too concerned with "protecting rights" in America that we never get anything done. We can protect rights and still be efficient.

One MAJOR problem is the way government, and therefore freedom, is treated; people have a "them and us" mentality. Remember, you put your government in power!

And now I will get to the meat of this topic: 'government' and its role in Humanity.

When we are discussing individuals, we are discussing people; we can't simply describe people in a few words. Each and every individual is a nation unto themselves; each with their own ideas, their own lifestyles, their own friends, families, likes and dislikes, etc. And that's great. But what unifies individuals? What makes them come together?

Common will. We live in a society in order to support and work for each other. Every individual's duty is to serve, not necessarily their "nation" in the sense of government, but their nation in the sense of their fellow Human beings. And I came up with a saying for this, " Only if you provide for society will society provide for you"

What we need isn't to waste time on nonsense or protect empty concepts, like 'freedom'. What we need is willpower. And efficiency.

Now as I've said, I'm not anti freedom. In fact without freedom there would be no need for efficiency; it is precisely because of freedom that we need efficiency. Otherwise this freedom of will is irrelevant and empty.
    And I have a plan for this; now, some of this might be "intrusion of privacy" but remember, the government is the people! All are one! Unity! Therefore it benefits one and benefits all!

Now here's my great plan

Firstly, we need organization and order. Structure. We need national ID's, we need CCTV cameras, etc, to protect our society

Most importantly, we need to make every individual count. We need to organize, not necessarily what lifestyles we live, but how we go about living them. i.e, we can enjoy our lives and let others do the same, but we need a common ground and common will. We need to remember our duty to our people.

This voice, however, is meaningless without the efficiency to act on it; therefore, we need a powerful central democratic totalitarian government to enact the will of the people. This government should serve the people first, and should be decided by the people, for the people.

In this aspect, it is democratic. However, it should also have the absolute power necessary to actually, you know, GET STUFF DONE! Willpower first.

We can protect rights and all, but we need to focus on ourselves as a whole, and our voice through efficient government is a great way to do this.

We need to protect from corruption; we need stronger police, qualified police, to serve the people, not just in policing but in community tasks and needs.

We need all citizens to support one another; the purpose of a nation is to socially unify a population, not just economically. We need all citizens to work for one cause, one dream, and one willpower.
    Governments with absolute power means the people have absolute power! Or at least, that is what potential exists there. Therefore it is not necessarily bad; we need to limit who gets into power, not the power itself; the people should also play a major role in the power. Guidance is needed.

We need to all give our fair share.

Government needs to provide for the people their basic necessities; i.e, ensure their welfare. Provide education and healthcare, and give them what they want.

Localization! Let me say it again, localization!

Absolute localized governments. Centralization is important on the majority aspect, to provide services and protect the population as a whole, but localization can work well for different areas that may have different kinds of people. Give them the efficiency to shape their own desires. No "constitution"! Totalitarian democracy. The will of the people. The people should not limit themselves as to their potential.

What we need more than anything, however, is a common will to rally behind. We need to be united, as one, to work as one. And we need the efficiency to do this.

We can be unique individuals, but ultimately we need some uniting factor that we all work for, and benefit from.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

That's why there are elections in every state as well as federal level. That way each place can vote on what they want to change, if anything. The real problem is that there are to many in power that spend more than they take in and spend on things that only help themselves in some way. No matter what form of government you have there's always corruption, greed and nepotism happening.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

No, no no no! We can have as many elections as we want, but we have no real unity in the US and we don't have efficiency. We need true guidance, that we not only choose for ourselves, as a whole, but also we should have the power to do something.

I call it "totalitarian democracy". The will of the people ABSOLUTELY.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

And just who will be in charge of this form of government? The same people who are there now but with greater access to controling everything more.

8. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

The people! A common will. The ideal government acts purely from the will of the people.

Key word? ACTS. The will of the people should be unified and centralized; however we need an ability to act on it, ala government.

However, in order to really act, you need POWER. Therefore government needs power

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

So , nothing much changes from what is already here does it?

10. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

No constitution; no wasting time on "rights" and "privacy"; will of the people governs the people, centralized, efficiently, via a sovereign leader and dictator. Order.

And above all, community and unity.

11. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Norse, your head is so far up your ass, you can see your own tonsils

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Explain your reasoning for this comment.

Don't you understand? If we want change and progress, we need to DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! And government, in being the voice and agent of the people, is the best way to do this.

13. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

People are selfish and power tends to corrupt people regardless of their intentions when they first came to office. The ideal government for your new society would be a computer, who is impartial to the plights of man. It only makes logical decisions that favor the majority rule. I think that's the only way to have a government that's entirely for the people is to remove people from the government. There will always be people who want what they want regardless of what the rest of the country thinks. President Bush wanted abstinence only sexed taught despite the fact that over 70% of Americans supported comprehensive sexed, but he wanted what he wanted, and he made the call. Then there are people who steal from other people, embezzlement or what have you. These character traits won't disappear.

14. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Seems for over 200 years America has done very well for itself or don't you think what America is isn't all that great? Why do you want only a few people to control everything? That's what Hitler wanted and look what happened with him. Stalin also was the same way and look what He did for his country. Can't you ever learn from the past , if not you'll just repeat it.

15. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

I apologize, I was having some fun at your expense.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

(half my plant got laid off today)

I just don't think your plan will work. Plus you use terms like "will of the people", "efficiency" and "order"...these are vague terms that don't mean anything (at least to me) without quantification. What do you mean by "order" and "efficiency"?

16. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Every individual is a dictator; every individual is in charge.
    Government is created on consensus. If we have a common will, and guidance, then our decisions and whatever roads we take will depend on ourselves alone.

Government is merely to execute the will of the people; to get it done.

The beauracracy and nonsense doesn't help. Imagine how much farther along America would be with a common will. The United States is not united
    The will of the people; it means, what the majority want, how they want it. The direction for society to take.

Order, and government, come into play in order to enact this will efficiently. To amplify it.

17. superstring01 Moderator

Right. So, what happens when that government decides to turn on and enslave the people, as will inevitably happen when people with power get their hands on it.

~String

18. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

The people don't enslave themselves.

My reasoning is simple; society has a consensus, a majority. If we can find something that unifies us, a direction that we want to take, it's better for all of us, right?

If we can all enjoy life while contributing to this direction, it's better for all of us, right?

And lastly, we need the proper ability to do so, via government. Efficiency.

19. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

What's the old saying? "Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely"

20. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

"Them and us" mentality.

The government is in power only as long as the people put it in power; the idea behind my reasoning is that we can place the will of the people, and their needs, and wants, all into one point, one "leader", and that point gets it done.

Why can't you have a democratic totalitarian state? The people decide what they want to have, and how they want to have it.

21. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Over my dead body!

22. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Actually it hasn't hurt that much other than the spending is out of control but other than that any government will have a beauracracy within it as you well know. The United States is united to vote on the choices we have to choose from.

23. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

It can't enact the will of the people; the constitution prevents Americans from reaching their true potential. Imagine! America could be a grand empire, you have that potential! Just sitting there....

take advantage of it!