Annoying Habits

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by CutsieMarie89, Sep 4, 2008.

1. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Do any of you have annoying habits or traits that you can't change no matter how hard you try? I mean like are habitually a bad speller or can't do simple math in your head or (like my brother) can't walk and drink at the same time. And no matter how often you practice or try to do it better you just can't?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

I have no sense of direction. I get lost everywhere I go. I even get lost in my own apartment building. I always take the wrong staircase or go down to many flights of stairs and then I'll have no idea where I am. It annoy, humiliating and really sad. I've been going to my grandmother's house my whole life since I was 6 months old apparently and I still have no idea where she lives.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I am terrible with directions. If ppl tell me left or right I am ok. If they give directions like go south on Thomas street then go north on Hillside.....I am screwed.

If I get a zit on my face which isn't too often, I won't leave it alone. I will just keep picking at it and squeezing the hell out of it. I just CAN"T leave it alone. Most of the time I just make it worse.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

I rarely ever get zits. I eat really slow and everyone always gets impatient with me. Because their all done and I've barely started.

8. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

This sounds like my boyfriend. He also trims around meat that doesn't even have fat on it. Just because some meats have it he hates fat so much he will start trimming chicken breast. :crazy: I get pissy because he is trimming off meat, not fat and wasting it. He also ALWAYS leaves at least a couple mouthfuls of food on his plate and throws it out.
    He says he just can't eat anymore. I kept making his portions smaller and smaller and he still does it. I told him he has some kind of crazy complex about not eating the last couple bites.

9. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Lol that's funny.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. tim840 Registered Senior Member

I cannot multitask while I am eating. Like this one time I was eating Jelly Bellys, and then I started playing piano with them still in my mouth, and I played through an entire song without swallowing them...

11. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

I can't watch tv and do homework at the same time, even though I think I can.

12. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

If I enter a room which is dark and for some reason don't turn the light on, when I leave, I end up turning the light on.

It's as if my brain assumed that because it was dark when I entered, I should have turned the light on, so when I leave I try and turn it off.

This tends to happen when I'm tired. Normally I would realise the light isn't on before habitually trying to turn it off.

13. jessiej920 Shake them dice and roll 'em Valued Senior Member

I always say "no offense..." even though I really know I'm going to offend you. I also swear like a sailor even though I don't realize it and according to my boyfriend I am just not "normal". I also get tattoos which make my mom cry and I yell really REALLY loudly when I am angry and I'm obsessed with things that scare other people and make them watch them with me. I also laugh at really inappropriate times...like when people get mad at me.

14. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

Yet I bet you're not short on friends.

15. jessiej920 Shake them dice and roll 'em Valued Senior Member

Actually no. People love me anyway. Why you ask? Because everyone likes having someone around that's just a lil bit crazier, angrier, and louder then them. Makes them feel normal in all THEIR weirdness. I'm not so bad really

16. John99 Banned Banned

Pardon me for being so forward but do you think that may be a psychological problem? Like not wanting to see things end. To him finishing everything signifies the end of something.

Examples being: the end of a good movie, a relationship, life. The subject now has control of at least something ending. I bet that this is common.

17. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

Most people have a crazy friend.
    That's why I asked.

18. jessiej920 Shake them dice and roll 'em Valued Senior Member

Yes, I am useful in that sort of way

. You must have more annoying habits then just turning lights on when you leave a room, though. Come on, spill it....

19. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I have a habit of making blastbeats on the nearest available hard surface with my fingers.

20. jessiej920 Shake them dice and roll 'em Valued Senior Member

I never answer my cellphone. Or listen to messages.

21. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

I don't do that either. It drives everyone I know crazy. All of their sentences begin with "Well, maybe if you answered your phone..." And I have no rebuttal because I don't answer my phone.

22. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

i have an anoyying habit of just being a bit of a prick from time to time

23. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

I have a habit of repeating myself quite a bit when drunk.

Can't think of any more.