Homosexuality is a mental disorder

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by MBello, Sep 4, 2008.

1. MBello Banned Banned

Almost every single gay person I have met has displayed symptoms of either Borderline personality disorder, bipolar mania, or narcissism. I think that sex with members of the same sex is only one manifestation of these deeper rooted mental disorders. Most of them also seem nearly incapable of being concerned with anything other than their own immediate wants or needs. Like a child going through his terrible two's. And most of their immediate needs involve something very materialistic like fancy clothes or some other flashy device. I have yet to know what can be done to remedy this problem. I'm not even sure if remedying it is necessary. I'm just tired of gay people flashinng it around. I don't see any straight pride parades or straight people loudly talking about their sexuality in public. I wish they would start shutting up and keeping it to themselves.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Sounds like Donald Trump fits your thinking doesn't he? He drives fancy cars and wears expensive outfits, is that the reason he could be gay as well? :shrug:

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

Women who are heterosexual with a high sex drive-do they have a mental disorder? I hear straight people tossing about their straightness all the time. Get three straight guys together, it's gonna be about cars and sex. Get three straight girls together, somebody's going to mention sex. Homosexuality is a mental disorder like a bowel movement is unnatural.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

I agree somewhat; I once used to be blatantly and completely against homosexuality, however now my position on the subject is rather unique.

Although I certainly do not endorse or approve of homosexuality, I understand the basic logic of "live and let live"; however, we must also remember that we live in a society, and society requires structure, interaction, and accepted grounds.

Now, in the case of marriage, I believe that it should be preserved for heterosexual couples. However, we can still give gays a "legal partnership" type of thing, in which they can receive the same legal rights or benefits of marriage, without actually being wed or abusing the ceremony.

Or, of course, we have other options; if we treat homosexuality as a disorder, which is perfectly understandable to do so, we can then go to curing it, if we find a way.

Or, we can encourage gays to form their own cities and societies, and they can live in peace among themselves, and we among ourselves.

8. MBello Banned Banned

That would be preferable. That way we wont have to deal with their annoying hussy flamboyance all the time. I'm not bothered by the idea of two men having sex. I am annoyed by their attitudes, screaming and flailing limbs. I don't care to hear straight people talk about their sex lives anymore than I care to hear two gays talking about it either. I just think there are much better things to talk about.

9. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

Norsefire-reading your post, I experienced something unique. My eyeballs tried to vomit. I know, lets find a cure for our mental disorder of theism, or at least seperate ourselves, hmm? Marriage is a symbol. Two people becoming one. Why not allow homosexuals to have a right to this? What harm is done? wait, gays. Happy people should seperate themselves into their own societies? what does that have to do with homosexuality?

10. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Humans are sexual creatures; sex is between man and woman, as is love. Marriage is based on love, and therefore, is for man and woman.

11. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

Well, talking about it publically would just be another symptom of their illness, in your view that is. I mean, you have this theory that their behavior is an illness, but you seem to draw the line at the public displays. Odd.

By the way, have you ever been to bachelor parties, wet-t shirt contexts - though I assume we have gay versions of these - seen R rated movies or a Hooters and so on. Have you really missed the public displays of heterosexuality?

12. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Heterosexuality is normal.....besides, that isn't displays of heterosexuality. It isn't specifically celebrating heterosexuality, in the way gay pride parades celebrate homosexuality.

13. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

And your qualifications to support this diagnosis would be what?

You think?
    Any evidence of that?

Most?
    Which sources did you use to come this conclusion?
    Other than, possibly, limited personal experience and prejudice I mean.

Again, sources?
    Again, excepting the self-evident ones.

There is a problem, but I'm not sure you see it correctly.

Oh it is necessary.

Jealousy perhaps?

Maybe because straights qua weren't demonised and persecuted for a long time before being recignised as actual human beings.

You don't get out much then?

Good advice for bigots as well.

14. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

sex is a physical act, reproduction is a byproduct. I live in the country. I've seen two male pigs fuck because a female in another pen was in heat. Love is an action. You don't"feel" love you "do" love. I love my dog, but don't want to have sex with him or marry him. Marriage is a legal union. Nothing more. It simply intensifies an already existing bond of companionship. If a woman wants to marry a goat, what do I care?

15. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Ah, the "bigot" card. So if you don't agree with everything people do, you're a bigot?

Then I'm most certainly a bigot.

16. MBello Banned Banned

Oli-I have no supporting evidence other than my own observations.

17. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

So is practically every other form sexuality: would you believe homosexual necrophiliac ducks for example?
    New Scientist, 30 August 2008 page 44.

18. MBello Banned Banned

Just more symptoms of a deeper rooted mental disorder...

19. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Of course I do; I also believe in pedaphiles, sociopaths, and the sort. They aren't normal, however.

20. MBello Banned Banned

An appeal to nature. Just because animals do it, must mean it is natural. Im sure if an entire species resorted to homosexuality, it would not take long for that species to become extinct do to its own incompetence...

21. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

I agree.

Monkeys fling their poo.....should we fling our poo?

22. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

It doesn't need to label itself because it thinks it is the only norm. If you are told you are a piece of shit, it is normal, at some point, to want to proclaim the opposite. Heterosexuals have not been under the boot, but they sure as hell display.

23. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Then your assertions are just unsupported prejudice, with no factual value.
    You make gross generalisations and evaluations of mental conditions, based on "observation"?